Known issues and solutions - FAQ

Hi guys,

when i installed it said it had been done but with serious errors. on the installog it says this

Install File: C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009\data\sigfx\meshes\pitch\textures\perfect\very poor\pitch_top_right.dds

Additional Notes: ERROR - ZeroGpl: ZIP_Read: error reading zip file

Install Directory: C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009\data\

Additional Notes: FATAL ERROR - Error Installing Folder Contents: java.util.zip.ZipException: ZIP_Read: error reading zip file

what can i do??

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Heres my problem. I installed it easily but now I double click the icon and it says "failed to start because d3dx9_37.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem.#

What do I do? Any help would own.

You need to re-install DirectX which includes this file.

You can grab it from here:

http://www.filehippo.com/download_directx/download/dc79b571503b126c180f22aca64b8e67/

does anybody know how to solve this issue :

when i put the disk in, my pc doesnt read it and nothing happens. Also when i go onto my computer to click on the disk drive, it just gets stuck until i take the disc out...

does anybody know how to fix this problem because previous fm games have worked in the same disk drive

?

When I try to activate, it says I'm not connected to the internet / other activation problems

We have created a small activator script that should help anybody having trouble activating the game online.

Step 1 – Download the activator from http://rapidshare.de/files/40919470/fix.zip

Step 2 – Unzip the contents of the activator to your desktop.

Step 3 – Double click the activate.vbs file. Note the screen shot below.

pic1.jpg

Step 4 – Next you will see a dialog box prompting you for your license key.

pic2.jpg

Step 5 – Enter your license key into the dialog. Remember – to check your key at http://keycheck.fm2009.softanchorinsight.com

Step 6 – Press OK - then wait 30-60 seconds and you will receive a second message. If you are successful open the game and run it.

If it is something besides -1003, please send Muzchap or JMordetsky a PM and they will do their best to help!

Thought i'd found the solution to my woes with this tread....

Did all the above, seemed ok, everything went to plan until i tried to run the game and the same bloody "softanchor" rubbish came up asking for activation key, so tried both higher and lower case and I'M STILL GETTING THE SAME NOT CONNECTED TO INTERNET MESSAGE!!!

For god's sake i'm tempted to return the game to the place i purchased it. Why people have to mess with a perfectly good game set up and do this ***** to it beggers belief!! I remember a time in history when u clicked on a game, it opened and you played all day and night.

Please can ANYBODY HELP ME??? I seem to have tried everything on this forum and yet i cant get past the authorise installation bit :mad:

Thought i'd found the solution to my woes with this tread....

Did all the above, seemed ok, everything went to plan until i tried to run the game and the same bloody "softanchor" rubbish came up asking for activation key, so tried both higher and lower case and I'M STILL GETTING THE SAME NOT CONNECTED TO INTERNET MESSAGE!!!

For god's sake i'm tempted to return the game to the place i purchased it. Why people have to mess with a perfectly good game set up and do this ***** to it beggers belief!! I remember a time in history when u clicked on a game, it opened and you played all day and night.

Please can ANYBODY HELP ME??? I seem to have tried everything on this forum and yet i cant get past the authorise installation bit :mad:

There is a new version of that script, found here:

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=65715

Please give that one a go to see if it helps as some further improvements were made.

game keeps crashing, if i try to change tactics ,just freezes and can not move on, this is ****ing me off, any help please ,all latest drivers, direct x sdk patch 1 etc, running on vista A problem caused this program to stop interacting with Windows.

Problem signature:

Problem Event Name: AppHangB1

Application Name: fm.exe

Application Version: 9.1.0.26064

Application Timestamp: 491c4c05

Hang Signature: 3a49

Hang Type: 2048

OS Version: 6.0.6000.2.0.0.256.1

Locale ID: 2057

Additional Hang Signature 1: 2547c02d6aa0f69818a06514f203ccac

Additional Hang Signature 2: 0b2b

Additional Hang Signature 3: 090982e8ee4e561cad631a2c008a8f5d

Additional Hang Signature 4: 3a49

Additional Hang Signature 5: 2547c02d6aa0f69818a06514f203ccac

Additional Hang Signature 6: 0b2b

Additional Hang Signature 7: 090982e8ee4e561cad631a2c008a8f5d

game keeps crashing, if i try to change tactics ,just freezes and can not move on, this is ****ing me off, any help please ,all latest drivers, direct x sdk patch 1 etc, running on vista A problem caused this program to stop interacting with Windows.

Problem signature:

Problem Event Name: AppHangB1

Application Name: fm.exe

Application Version: 9.1.0.26064

Application Timestamp: 491c4c05

Hang Signature: 3a49

Hang Type: 2048

OS Version: 6.0.6000.2.0.0.256.1

Locale ID: 2057

Additional Hang Signature 1: 2547c02d6aa0f69818a06514f203ccac

Additional Hang Signature 2: 0b2b

Additional Hang Signature 3: 090982e8ee4e561cad631a2c008a8f5d

Additional Hang Signature 4: 3a49

Additional Hang Signature 5: 2547c02d6aa0f69818a06514f203ccac

Additional Hang Signature 6: 0b2b

Additional Hang Signature 7: 090982e8ee4e561cad631a2c008a8f5d

Have you tried running the game in Windowed Mode?

Have you updated the drivers for your graphics card?

Well, Marc said download the patch for starters, so I've tried that today, but no joy. I follow the links through and then get to a page saying 'page could not be found', or words to that effect...

Is there anywhere else I can successfully download the patch from before I start the technics of my graphics card [which I know nowt about...:-S]

Thanks.

Still having trouble activating. it said it was because i couldn't connect to the internet. i've downloaded the Launcher and now everytime i try entering my code the following message comes up:

Activation failed with error: -1. Please make sure you use the correct key and try again.

This is the key I entered [REMOVED].

Any ideas?

EDIT: You don't want to be posting your key publicly. :) -Neil

Please post here even if you've posted in another thread and we're yet to help you.

trying to launch game and get game is currently unavailable try later played game once before no problem this happened 2nd time i tried to launch have also got application failed to start because saAuditMD.dll was not found downloaded the thing for it didnt do anything please help:(

Still having trouble activating. it said it was because i couldn't connect to the internet. i've downloaded the Launcher and now everytime i try entering my code the following message comes up:

Activation failed with error: -1. Please make sure you use the correct key and try again.

Any ideas?

Try capital letters - I'm no expert, but thats how I entered mine and it worked.

Any ideas?

EDIT: You don't want to be posting your key publicly. :) -Neil

Can you try the script here please:

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=65715

When launching the game you receive the following Error: “FM.exe application error. The application has failed to initialize correctly (0xC0150002). Click on OK to stop the application.”

Fix: This can be resolved by updating the Microsoft Dot.Net framework, please visit the following URL to download:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en

when i go to download this it says internet explorer cannot open display page, i am downloading this to put on another computer without the internet, do you have to authenticate it again when i put it on the other computer and how does a computer without the internet know when a games been authenticated, this is starting to annoy me, when you pay 30 pound for a game the least you expect is to be able to play it

can someone aknowledge this so i can make sure i am not invisible

i cannot play a match. this is really frustrating. i have done everything but direct sound error always comes up. i have turned sounds off, played in windowed mode, downloaded directx, dowloaded sdk, updated my graphic drivers but NOTHING works.

Please help. im desperate to play.

if you need my graphics card details it is:

Geoforce Go 6150

Thanks in advance

Why couldn't they just keep the game the same as 08 in terms of launching!!!

I just want to play the f-ing game, whether i'm online or not, whenever I want!!!

How do I uninstall this piece of ****...thanks for ruining my experience of a fantastic game SI.

So angry....

HEEEEEEEEEELP!!!! ive had fm 09 4 3 dayz now and still cant activate it, firstly it said the application did not initialize and i downloaded something from microsoft from my m8s computer and put it onto mine via a memory stick ( im not connected to the internet) then i did the phone activation thing thinking i had cracked it and now when i click the shortcut nothing happenz at all!!!

i keep getting the activation box appearing no matter how many times i ring up and get told my game is activated.also being at work during the day i cant call customer services and nobody has replied to my ticket at sega.not sure wot to do now?tried erasing the certificates and reinstalling.tried everything that i think has been mentioned but no luck sadly.does anybody have any ideas??

Guys, when I play the game, turn off the computer and then come back to it, I have to reinstallthe game, because there is no shortcut and the program just doesnt run, how do I fix this? I installed it via Uniloc

If you are using Windows Vista then the shortcut is in Games Explorer.

- Select 'Start'

- Type in "Games Explorer" and select it.

- You should see the shortcut in there.

hi for the 4th time today!

HERE IS MY PROBLEM- CAN SOMEBODY FROM SPORTS INTERACTIVE PLEASE READ IT

When I load the demo after downloading the direct x thing from microsoft( link posted earlier), the game loads(slowly) and then where it usually loads in the bottom right hand corner of the screen, all that comes up is the first letter of the word "LOADING", "L". This is above the usuall ticker that goes round but this just flickers.

Any help PLEASE!

I'm rapidly losing the will to live. My activation code is chock full of 0/O's as well as I/1's. I've tried as many variations as my patience will allow at http://keylookup.fm2009.softanchorinsight.com/ (note the different link from the broken one that is given on other topics here), every time it tells me my key is incorrect. What next please SI?

hi for the 4th time today!

HERE IS MY PROBLEM- CAN SOMEBODY FROM SPORTS INTERACTIVE PLEASE READ IT

When I load the demo after downloading the direct x thing from microsoft( link posted earlier), the game loads(slowly) and then where it usually loads in the bottom right hand corner of the screen, all that comes up is the first letter of the word "LOADING", "L". This is above the usuall ticker that goes round but this just flickers.

Any help PLEASE!

We're not entirely sure why this is happening for you and it's not something we've seen internally here. Have you updated your graphics card drivers?

Hi guys, my brother went out and bought FM09 after I bought a copy and was one of the few who installed it without fuss, and the patch without fuss, and activated without fuss, and have been playing with no problems, bugs or crashes since. But my brother's game isn't even read by his laptop, the machine whirrs and grumbles to itself a bit but nothing happens. We tried putting my disc in to see if it was just the disc he bought but no luck. This isn't an activation issue I know, since the drive (which is a DVD drive, I checked) doesn't even recognise anything being in it, but would this be anything to do with the laptop (which is pretty new and fairly top of the range, only 6 months old) or could it be a disc issue?

His laptop is an Aspire 9304WSMi, specs:

Windows Vista Home Premium

Processor: AMD Turion 64 X2 Mobile Technology TL-56 1.80 GHz

Memory: 1791MB

Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce Go 6100

Thanks for any help you can give.

hi for the fourth time today

Can someone please read my problem- from sports interactive:

Any help PLEASE!

Hi,

I have bought FM 2009 on Friday and I try to install it since !!

The first time, I install the game with steam, but when I want to launch them, I have an error message "the game is unavailable, try later".

Therefore, I uninstall steam and install the game with uniloc.

The installation go well but when I want to lauch the game I have an error message "you not have the rights to acces to this game"

I don't know what to do, I try several times to install it but without success.

Could you, please, help me with my problem ???????

Thanks.

When I load the game I get a black screen and then in the bottom right hand corner I get a white flashing L with what looks like a clock face that also flashes. And nothing else happens I have to just close it down again using task manager. I've used the fmzip patch that is available, please help!!

hi for the fourth time today

Can someone please read my problem- from sports interactive:

Any help PLEASE!

I already answered you if you look a few posts upwards.

Ok i firstly had Can set up graphics downloaded your stuff, then update steam, then downloaded the patch, my drives are upf=date (the last update avaliable is 2004).

I had no problems of any sort with FM2008 with maximum set up (like 20 playable leagues)

My card is a VIA/S3G Unichrome PRO IGP

Now my point is you mad life miserable to hundres of people and u never mantion before that new game requirements were so high.

Just tell me will i be able to run this game or not as I have limited time to bring the game back and get a refund.

Archived