Known issues and solutions - FAQ

The game was working ok and then when i came to submit my team for a match the game cut off and it came up XML parsing error. and it said "not well formed (invalid token) at line 1 of camera.xml" and it cut the game off.

I tried again and it does the same thing. I tried uninstalling and installing but it does the same thing can you help.

help

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not able to install Football Manager 2009 at all. I get the following error message when running both Autorun and Setup.exe:

"This application has unexpectedly quit. Invocation of the Java Application has caused an InvocationTargetException. This application will now exit (LAX).

Details:

java.lang.NullPointerException

at javax.swing.MultiUIDefaults.getUIError(Unknown Source)

at javax.swing.UIDefaults.getUI(Unknown Source)

at javax.swing.UIManager.getUI(Unknown Source)

at javax.swing.JPanel.updateUI(Unknown Source)

at javax.swing.JPanel.<init>(Unknown Source)

at javax.swing.JRootPane.createGlassPane(Unknown Source)

at javax.swing.JRootPane.<init>(Unknown Source)

at javax.swing.JFrame.createRootPane(Unknown Source)

at javax.swing.JFrame.frameInit(Unknown Source)

at javax.swing.JFrame.<init>(Unknown Source)

at com.zerog.ia.installer.LifeCycleManager.g(DashoA8113)

at com.zerog.ia.installer.LifeCycleManager.h(DashoA8113)

at com.zerog.ia.installer.LifeCycleManager.a(DashoA8113)

at com.zerog.ia.installer.Main.main(DashoA8113)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)

at com.zerog.lax.LAX.launch(DashoA8113)

at com.zerog.lax.LAX.main(DashoA8113) ............."

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling newest Java, then rebooting. Still yields the same result. What should I do?

my game just freezes when i try to go to any match . . doesnt respond and im running a geforce 8400GS 512mb card. Seriuosly disapointed with this game so far.

and to top it off, unistalled and now it just wont run, why the hell is steam used, its useless!

What did you uninstall Quietflight?

Also what graphics card are you running the game on? If it is a dual Nvida card there may be a work around for the freeze you can try:

Hi Guys.

If you have Dual Nvidia cards and are experiencing a freeze could you please try the following.

First open your Nvidia Control panel (this is usually located in your Windows Control Panel).

Next make sure you have on the "Advanced settings" ticked at the top.

On the right hand side select "Manage 3D Settings"

And then select "Program Settings".

Select "Add"

This will open a browse dialogue box.

Now navigate through this box to where your Football Manager 2009 installation is located.

The default locations are:

Installed through Uniloc:

C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009

Installed through Steam:

C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\Common\Football Manager 2009

When here you should see "FM.exe" in the right directory. Select it and click "Open"

This will add FM.exe to the program settings box.

Make sure FM.exe is selected and in the lower box you will see the options for FM.exe.

Scroll down in this box until you see "SLI Performance Mode" Click the dropdown box and select:

"Alternate Frame Rendering" from this drop down menu.

Finally select "Apply" on the bottom right hand corner and then "File" and "Exit".

Now try playing a match.

Let me know if this has helped.

Hi there, I had a problem with graphics at the start and i downloaded the file to fix it and the game works now but its incredibly slow ie. the mouse has to hover over icons for few seconds before it can be clicked the processing of matches is shockinly slow, my computer is well above spec to run this game it had no problem with all the other football managers and i only play it using commentary is there going to be a new patch to fix this problem because i know im not the only person with this problem.

Some help soon as possible would be greatly appreciated

Hi (again!)

I have a problem that none of the SI peeps have mentioned yet.

When I load the demo after downloading the direct x thing from microsoft( link posted earlier), the game loads(slowly) and then where it usually loads in the bottom right hand corner of the screen, all that comes up is the first letter of the word "LOADING", "L". This is above the usuall ticker that goes round but this just flickers.

Any help PLEASE!

Hi (again!)

I have a problem that none of the SI peeps have mentioned yet.

When I load the demo after downloading the direct x thing from microsoft( link posted earlier), the game loads(slowly) and then where it usually loads in the bottom right hand corner of the screen, all that comes up is the first letter of the word "LOADING", "L". This is above the usuall ticker that goes round but this just flickers.

Any help PLEASE!

The directx SDK is meant for use in conjunction with the patched version of the full game- it will not make the demo work.

This was answered half an hour ago by Steve Cox saying

Mac patch will be once we have the Mac issues fixed.

You have been told it will be sometime today, as far as things go that information is still the same.

If anything changes we will let you know.

Please do a search in future before doing future patches.

Any movement yet? or are we still being swept under the carpet?

• SI Staff

IF YOU ARE EXPERIENCING ONE OF THESE ISSUES – PLEASE READ

When I try to activate, it says I'm not connected to the internet / other activation problems

OR

Error: You are receiving the Error ‘Product Key already Active’ message

OR

I’m receiving the Error [-10] what can I do?

OR

You are receiving a [-703] error:We were unable to process your unlock request. To receive a new key please visit sigames.com

OR

You are receiving an Error [-821]

OR

Error: You are receiving the Error [-51] / [-52] message

OR

You receive the ‘Error: Application was unable to connect to the internet. Please check your connection.

We have created a small application that should help anybody having trouble activating the game online, successfully activate. Please follow the steps in order and if you do experience problems, please report at which step you encountered the problem and any associated error messages.

Step 1 – Download the file from http://www.footballmanager.com/fixv2.zip

Step 2 – Unzip the contents of the archive to your desktop.

Step 3 – Double click the FM09Fix.exe file. Note the screen shot below.

Step 4 – Extract the files to a convenient location, pressing Install will place them on the desktop, this is the default behaviour. Two files will be extracted – Launcher.exe and Activator.exe

Step 5 – Please double click Launcher.exe and you will see a dialog box prompting you for your license key

Step 6 – Enter your license key into the dialog. Remember – to check your key at http://keycheck.fm2009.softanchorinsight.com

Step 7 – Press OK - then wait 30-60 seconds and you will receive a second message. If you are successful – the message will read: Activation completed successfully. Please try to run the game

If you get this message, open the game and run it.

If the activation fails, the message will read something like: Activation failed with error: -1003. Please make sure you use the correct key and try again.

The number in this message will help us understand the problem. For example, In this case the number -1003 indicates that your license key is invalid. If the error is -1003 enter your license key into the form at: http://keycheck.fm2009.softanchorinsight.com

If it is something besides -1003, please send Muzchap or JMordetsky a PM via the www.sigames.com forums and they will do their best to help!

1. I have a shop copy of the game and have tried to install using Steam - It installs OK but when I try to launch the game, even offline, it says 'the game is not currently available, try again later'. I tried throughout the day but it still doesn't work.

2. I tried uninstalling Steam, but I still cannot get the game to run - I click on the 'activator' icon but nothing happens. I have tried downloading the 'fix' suggested on here but when I do it says something about a windows script host and the system not being able to find the file specified.

3. I have looked for the .exe file in the game folder but there isn't one.

I have uninstalled it to see if that will work but no joy.

Help!

Im doing this: If the error is -1003 enter your license key into the form at: http://keycheck.fm2009.softanchorinsight.com

and it does not give me a new key or fix my old one no-one on here has actually helped me properly since i bought the game on friday and im starting to wonder if anyone on here cares. first of all i would very much like muzchap to have the decency to reply to my PM i sent him after he told me he would respond to it

Evening,

I am getting the following error message: fm.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

The game appeared to install ok and there was no problems with authentication.

Any ideas?

Have you installed the patch? If not, do that. Also download and install the directx SDK from here: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en. Hopefully this will help.

Im doing this: If the error is -1003 enter your license key into the form at: http://keycheck.fm2009.softanchorinsight.com

and it does not give me a new key or fix my old one no-one on here has actually helped me properly since i bought the game on friday and im starting to wonder if anyone on here cares. first of all i would very much like muzchap to have the decency to reply to my PM i sent him after he told me he would respond to it

I find it Hard to believe that no one has tried to help you as you have clearly posted a reply offering help. I would imagine Muzchap is having a well earned day off having been working on the activiation issues solidly since about 7 pm on Thursday night! He's replied and helped to mine and other people's pm's! When did you send yours?

The form is not meant to give you a new key. It is there to check if you have read the key correctly as the printing on the licence key is not clear enough

but i no i have unless my mauel has been printed wrong but i have no way of sending a copy of the back of the manuel. can i not PM you my code and then you could send me what you think it is or send me a new one ive tried every single combination possible with changing 0's o's and 1's and i's

Hi Dan - apologies, your PM got lost in the 'herd' - I've replied to you now.

just a question to ask- i bought football manager on friday morning and i have been trying to play since but its not happening, i thought i was sorted the game installs and i can run the game but when i try to play a match the game just crashes and i have to turn it off. i have not been able to play one match since i have got it. i have downloaded the patch and spent hours and hours trying to get it sorted. please can someone help im really stumped now and getting really fed up with it. cheers guys

I am running Vista, I have the error codeXML Parsing Error, Please advise how I fix this, or at least advise where to return game for a refund.

I get an "XML Parsing Error" when launching the game

* This appears to happen sometimes if the game encounters a problem and quits unexpectedly and settings become corrupt as a result of this.

Potential workaround:

Deleting your settings should in most cases:

- Make sure FM is not running.

- On Windows XP: C:\Documents and Settings\<your username>\Application Data\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009 Demo\settings\ (using Windows Explorer, Application Data is hidden by default but you should get to it by typing the path)

- On Windows Vista: C:\Users\<your username>\AppData\Roaming\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009 Demo\settings\ (using Windows Explorer, AppData is hidden but you should get to it by typing the path)

- On Mac OS X: /Users/<your username>/Library/Preferences/Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2009 Demo/ (In the Finder Sidebar: Click your username, then go to Library -> Preferences -> etc..)

- Delete all sub-folders in this (the 'Settings' folder). Do not delete the entire "Football Manager 2009" folder in "Application Data"

If this doesnt work try a search on the tech support forums! Ive read the fix but cant find it now!

Step 5 – Please double click Launcher.exe and you will see a dialog box prompting you for your license key

At this step an error message appeared reading...

To run this application, you must first install one of the following versions of the .NET Framework: v2.0.50727

Contact your application publisher for instructions about obtaining the appropriate version of the .NET Framework

What now?

To run this application, you must first install one of the following versions of the .NET Framework: v2.0.50727

Contact your application publisher for instructions about obtaining the appropriate version of the .NET Framework

What now?

What now?

You need to install the DotNet2 framework - you need this to run the game in the first place. So please download and install from:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=0c1b0a88-59e2-4eba-a70e-4cd851c5fcc4&displaylang=en

This is really starting to get on my nerves, I buy a game to play. Ive message SEGA, still no reply from them.

Why did you have to ruin this game. I played a few hours of it yesterday and it was brilliant.

And knowing i cant play it atm is really pathetic.

My Laptop is only a few months old aswell so it cant be anything to do with the comp

I have sent you a message regarding the issues i am having, and i have seen a couple of other people having the same issues, that the 'sending activation request' screen just stays on forever. But I CANNOT FIND A RESPONSE!!

I have tried all other reponses that you have advised we try, but nothing works!!

I NEED HELP!!!:mad:

Archived