Known issues and solutions - FAQ

I'm suffering from the freezing of the match engine.

I have a good enough machine and have it on commentary only but it really lags when I want to make subs or tactical changes. It also lags coming back from those changes before the match gets up and running again.

It is really hindering my enjoyment of what looks like a belter of a game. Any tips/ hints to help me along?

Does the windows mode really work? Anyone had any joy?

Any tips for the freezing? Any help would be gratefully received.

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm suffering from the freezing of the match engine.

I have a good enough machine and have it on commentary only but it really lags when I want to make subs or tactical changes. It also lags coming back from those changes before the match gets up and running again.

It is really hindering my enjoyment of what looks like a belter of a game. Any tips/ hints to help me along?

Does the windows mode really work? Anyone had any joy?

I have heard that if you set your background on your desktop to the basic Windows one that you first get with it, it runs a lot smoother. Someone suggested it and its worked for quite a few people. Try it.

Thanks mate, I will give that a try. The missus won't be pleased her arty photo of a boat is missing, but it isn't about her!

i've been trying to authenticate my game now for over 3 hours, i've tried everything is says at the start of this thread and it still gives me error -1003. i've tried calling the customer sercive and they didn't pick up can some one help me please??

You are receiving an Error [-1003]

Fix: You are entering the key incorrectly please visit the following URL to correctly identify your key - http://keylookup.fm2009.softanchorinsight.com/

Error: You are receiving the Error ‘Product Key already Active’ message

Fix: You need to delete the certificates and re-activate the game

1) On receiving the error, please uninstall the game

2) Please navigate to the following directory:

XP users: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009 Certificate

Vista users: C:\Program Data\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009 Certificate

3) Please ensure that it is the \certificate directory you are located in

4) Delete all content

5) Reboot the machine

6) Re-run the installation program and retry activation - ensuring you have 'verified' your key using the following website: http://keylookup.fm2009.softanchorinsight.com/

7) You should now be activated

That's all I know about the issue

pls help. I have installed via uniloc and steam and on both occasions the activation is fine but when starting the game i get the following error message "fm.exe has encountered a problem a needs to close"

data report

appname fm.exe appver 9.1.0.26064 modname fm.exe modver 9.1.0.26064

offset 00bdecf2

There was a similar problem in the thread i think and there was suggestion of installing microsoft framework but this has done nothing.

thanks for any help

Do you have to activate the game on the same computer that you want to play it on. Because this computer has the internet and ive activated it . But its not a good enough computer so i use the upstairs one which doesnt have the interenet - should it work even if i used another computer to activate it

pls help. I have installed via uniloc and steam and on both occasions the activation is fine but when starting the game i get the following error message "fm.exe has encountered a problem a needs to close"

data report

appname fm.exe appver 9.1.0.26064 modname fm.exe modver 9.1.0.26064

offset 00bdecf2

There was a similar problem in the thread i think and there was suggestion of installing microsoft framework but this has done nothing.

thanks for any help

Have you managed to get the game to Launch at all? I had this problem after launching once and changing to windowed mode?

can anyone help. i have downloaded the patch, updated my drivers, tried installing, reinstalling, but when i go into the match mode my computer screen goes black and then my computer resets.

It has worked on 1 occasion when FM2009 windowed itself without being asked but the pitch was black. And when i clicked to full screen the computer crashed. I have not been able to get into windowed mode again it just keeps on crashing. when it crashes a blue background comes up on the screen saying something along the lines of "driver reset failed after timeout" that isnt the exact words but the screen only displays that for about a second so its hard to read!

HELP!!!! i have been trying to play since friday!

Hi im gagging for help, ive had problem after problem, 1st i had the error where it would just goto end task, well i sorted that, patched it up, got the microsoft Framework download, and also did the 500mb SDK download,

next error was the , 482(i think) so i deleted the certificate etc and rebooted.

Now im faced with, i launch the game it asks me for my Key - so i put it in, and it activates. great stuff

however nothing loads.

so i try and load the game again, and back tot he activation code screen, so i put it in....... and so on and so on.

Any ideas anyone?

Please post here even if you've posted in another thread and we're yet to help you.

Hi

The game freezes as i am about to watch the game, i am unable to press anything leading to me having to turn my laptop off.

Its a new laptop and i was able to wach my first friendly if thats any help.

Hi. I still get the same problem as I did on the demo. When I click submit team the game freezes. I have the game on steam and therefore have the patch. Has this problem been solved with the patch or do I still have to run the game in windowed mode.

Cheers in advance

will you be able to let me know if you are able to solve this issue cause i am having the same problem

Not being able to launch. what should i do?

Thanks for any help

if you havent been able to Launch then I dont think its the same problem unfortunately. I have posted in the techie forum and somone has suggested I contact Sega Technical Support, i think the number is in the back of your manual if you brought boxed.

could anyone tell me how you delete certificates please?

delete the certificates and re-activate the game

navigate to the following directory:

XP users: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009 Certificate

Vista users: C:\Program Data\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009 Certificate

ensure that it is the \certificate directory you are located in

Theb Delete all content

Reboot the machine

job done

Hi im gagging for help, ive had problem after problem, 1st i had the error where it would just goto end task, well i sorted that, patched it up, got the microsoft Framework download, and also did the 500mb SDK download,

next error was the , 482(i think) so i deleted the certificate etc and rebooted.

Now im faced with, i launch the game it asks me for my Key - so i put it in, and it activates. great stuff

however nothing loads.

so i try and load the game again, and back tot he activation code screen, so i put it in....... and so on and so on.

Any ideas anyone?

Exactly the same problem as me - frustratingly nobody seems to know anything about this problem.

Exactly the same problem as me - frustratingly nobody seems to know anything about this problem.

lol - i know, ive read about every post on problems, i know just about off by heart how to fix them all - but no mention on my problem - sods law i guess

the thing is i've not got time to actually check if it's fully fixed my problems so i could have more problems in future

hope someone answers your question soon

the annoying thing is ive spent my weekend trying to fix it.... the only consolation for me is at least today im trying to fix it on my companys time lol. hope you get yours sorted

Please post here even if you've posted in another thread and we're yet to help you.

when i click on stasrt match the game just freezes i have noticed others have had this problem but not seen no advice for it it happened weith the demo and is happening with the actual game it self

why is it always football manager with problems? even going back to the CM days - i remember CM96/97 having problems because of the "Lasorlock" security they had on. I guess they fixed it the year after, by letting you play the game from the HD once installed - no security at all.

maybe next year, there will be none of this? i hope so

Guess getting the latest patch or fix, is part of the whole Fun? lol

Hi

The game freezes as i am about to watch the game, i am unable to press anything leading to me having to turn my laptop off.

I have the same problem and i have been on here for 3 days trying to get it fixed but people just avoid answering me!

Hi

Hi.

Are you running the game in Windowed or Full Screen?

If it's full screen please try running in windows Mode.

If you are still having this problem let me know what graphics card/s you have in your machine.

This goes for anyone with this issue.

Cheers.

It's okay. We're frustrated too.

You can go to http://help.sega.com/ where you can raise an individual ticket, and someone will help you.

You should be able to log in with the same details you use for this forum.

hi i've been on this website you sugested and after a day of emailing i finally was told that i would need to ring the same number you said. Do you know some one else i could contact that won't just give me the same advise and will guide me through what i need to do (i've got a problem with error 10 by the way). Because the whole reason i'm trying do this over the internet is because it would be to expensive and to much of an inconvinience to do this over the phone. would be grateful for you help.

I have the same problem and i have been on here for 3 days trying to get it fixed but people just avoid answering me!
can anyone help. i have downloaded the patch, updated my drivers, tried installing, reinstalling, but when i go into the match mode my computer screen goes black and then my computer resets.

It has worked on 1 occasion when FM2009 windowed itself without being asked but the pitch was black. And when i clicked to full screen the computer crashed. I have not been able to get into windowed mode again it just keeps on crashing. when it crashes a blue background comes up on the screen saying something along the lines of "driver reset failed after timeout" that isnt the exact words but the screen only displays that for about a second so its hard to read!

HELP!!!! i have been trying to play since friday!

Hi bigken.

Could you PM me with a copy of your dxdiag please?

To get this information:

Start -> Run (or use the "search" box in Vista)

Type: dxdiag

Press Return

Once the dxdiag program has finished scanning your system click "Save all information"

Save the file somewhere you remember and then copy & paste the info into a PM for me.

Cheers.

Hi.

Are you running the game in Windowed or Full Screen?

If it's full screen please try running in windows Mode.

If you are still having this problem let me know what graphics card/s you have in your machine.

This goes for anyone with this issue.

Cheers.

How do you get the game into windowed mode????? i managed to get it into windowed mode once but the pitch was black and it was ***** and then it eventually crashed my computer.

My graphics card is Nvidia Geforce 8200M

How do you get the game into windowed mode????? i managed to get it into windowed mode once but the pitch was black and it was ***** and then it eventually crashed my computer.

'Options' -> 'Preferences' -> 'Display & Sound' -> 'Display Setting' -> 'Windowed'. Confirm and then your game should be in windowed mode.

Mac patch will be once we have the Mac issues fixed.

You have been told it will be sometime today, as far as things go that information is still the same.

If anything changes we will let you know.

dont suppose the patch will let me watch the games in 3d on my gma 950 will it?

Hi Marc

Hope you can help, believe a couple of others have similar issue.

Have loaded game and set up team etc. But when attempting to start a game...it freezes and have to turn off computer.

it is the pc game and I use vista and bought the laptop specially to play the game and know it is good to play. - sony vaio ar19

am not the greatest computer bod so simple terminology would be good it you know of a solution.

many thanks

steve all the information is too many characters long to send you!

• SI Staff
im installing the game onto another computer which does not have the internet. What are my options for activating the code if the phone thing is busy?

Information on activating by phone can be found here http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=65579 it is automated and should not be busy, this is the only way to activate a game without internet.

• SI Staff
ETA on Mac patch please?

This was answered half an hour ago by Steve Cox saying

Mac patch will be once we have the Mac issues fixed.

You have been told it will be sometime today, as far as things go that information is still the same.

If anything changes we will let you know.

Please do a search in future before doing future patches.

Archived