5,539 posts in this topic

[quote name='gregdfc']I have the SIS one
Card name: SiS 651_661FX_741_760_760GX_M661FX_M661MX_M741_M760_M7 60GX
Manufacturer: SiS
Chip type: SiS 661FX Rev 01
DAC type: Internal
Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_1039&DEV_6330&SUBSYS_E0121631&REV_00
Display Memory: 64.0 MB[/quote]

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but your graphics card is well below the minimum spec for the game.

We have had problems sourcing a SiS graphics card, so have done no testing on it at all as yet. We have some bids in for machines with it, so hope to have one in the studio soon, at which point we will see if there is any way to get the game up and running with that card. If we can work it out, we will release an update.

For now, it's highly unlikely you'll be able to get the game up and running because of this.

I'm sure this is probably somewhere else in the 1,000-odd posts above, but I have activated my product key with STEAM and the game played fine the first time.

The second time I tried to play, the SOFTanchor window informs me that my trial period is up and I need to activate my product key. When I type it in, I get the message "this product key is already active. To purchase an unlock key, please visit: www.sigames.com"

I purchased my game at a retail outlet on Friday. What do I do to get it running please? I have tried deleting STEAM and re-installing using the other online option but the same results. There is no application data folder in documentsandsettings/allusers to delete.

[quote name='Jaeren']When I try downloading the microsoft thing, for the failed graphics error thing.

It says something like cannot unpack, what can I do?[/QUOTE]

Drop me a PM with your email address.

[quote name='Miles Jacobson']Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but your graphics card is well below the minimum spec for the game.

We have had problems sourcing a SiS graphics card, so have done no testing on it at all as yet. We have some bids in for machines with it, so hope to have one in the studio soon, at which point we will see if there is any way to get the game up and running with that card. If we can work it out, we will release an update.

For now, it's highly unlikely you'll be able to get the game up and running because of this.[/QUOTE]

Well thanks for letting me know, but if you don't get this working you will let alot of people down. When you should you know if it works and get a patch, this month or next month ??

[quote name='gregdfc']How to get a dxdiag result so we can see which graphics card you have

Click Start menu, choose Run
Type 'dxdiag' without the quotes and press enter
Once it has completed and DX Diag is showing, click "Save all information"
Save the text file (e.g. to your desktop)
Quit dxdiag, open the saved file in Notepad
Go to the "Edit" menu and choose "Select all"
Then go to the "Edit" menu again and choose "Copy"
Reply to this thread and paste the contents into the reply (press the "Ctrl" key and "V", or choose "paste" from the "Edit" menu in your browser)

PLEASE COPY ON A WORD DOCUMENT AND THEN COPY THE DEVICE SECTION ONLY (It takes up less room !)[/QUOTE]

My start menu doesnt have "run" in it any ideas where it might be?

I'm sorry if i'm posting this in the wrong thread, but since threads got closed and posts got moved I lost track of it.

Is there any news on the Mac-patch?

[quote name='fm09v.upset']My start menu doesnt have "run" in it any ideas where it might be?[/QUOTE]

You can press the Windows Key + R to simulate the same thing.

[quote name='fm09v.upset']My start menu doesnt have "run" in it any ideas where it might be?[/QUOTE]

What system are you on, xp or vista??

Note: If the above does not fix it – please check the following:

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data is not set to read only.
Also check that C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Sports Interactive and C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009 Certificate are not set to read only!

Tried this, unhooked "read only" and when you return to properties its back again!

Is this a block by your sotware?

Display Devices
---------------
Card name: NVIDIA GeForce 8400M GS
Manufacturer: NVIDIA
Chip type: GeForce 8400M GS
DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC
Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0427&SUBSYS_30CC103C&REV_A1
Display Memory: 1517 MB
Dedicated Memory: 239 MB
Shared Memory: 1278 MB
Current Mode: 1024 x 768 (32 bit) (60Hz)
Monitor: Generic PnP Monitor
Driver Name: nvd3dum.dll,nvwgf2um.dll
Driver Version: 7.15.0011.6743 (English)
DDI Version: 10
Driver Attributes: Final Retail
Driver Date/Size: 11/7/2007 00:05:00, 5263360 bytes
WHQL Logo'd: Yes
WHQL Date Stamp:
Device Identifier: {D7B71E3E-4767-11CF-DB69-C71001C2CA35}
Vendor ID: 0x10DE
Device ID: 0x0427
SubSys ID: 0x30CC103C
Revision ID: 0x00A1
Video Accel: ModeMPEG2_A ModeMPEG2_C ModeVC1_C ModeWMV9_C ModeVC1_B ModeWMV9_B ModeVC1_A ModeWMV9_A
[I] hope this is the right thing im not really sure[/I]

[quote name='chriswalker67']my situation as it stands...

running on XP, drive is updated, limits deleted, still wont register the disc to even install the game.

is there anything else i can try?

if not is there anyway i can download this from steam using the keycode with my copy from play.com??[/QUOTE]

bumping this as im still lost on how to continue

any advice would be appreciated.

cheers

[quote name='Hughesy92']HI Muzchap

Just pm'd you with the details.

Thanks for your help[/QUOTE]

Hi Muzchap

The problem was when the game loaded (very slowly) it got a point (after the SI Games logo appeared) when the screen went black and a dial/ with the letter 'L' above it appeared.

I am still getting the 703 error. My internet is provided by my University Halls of Residence, so it is through a wire straight into the computer. Can SI provide any advice that will resolve my inability to install the game?

Thanks!

[SIZE="5"]Right, I have carried out all the following and still I get this bloody error -51

WHAT NEXT!!!!!!?????[/SIZE]

Error: You are receiving the Error [-51] / [-52] message

Fix: You need to delete the certificates and re-activate the game

1) On receiving the error, please uninstall the game
2) Please navigate to the following directory:

XP users: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009 Certificate
Vista users: C:\Program Data\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009 Certificate

3) Please ensure that it is the \certificate directory you are located in

4) Delete all content

5) Reboot the machine

6) Re-run the installation program and retry activation - ensuring you have 'verified' your key using the following website: [url]http://keylookup.fm2009.softanchorinsight.com/[/url]

7) You should now be activated

Note: If the above does not fix it – please check the following:

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data is not set to read only.
Also check that C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Sports Interactive and C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009 Certificate are not set to read only!

To check if a file or folder is read only, please right click the folder and select ‘Properties’ from the dropdown, you should the see a box at the bottom called Attributes – please ensure this is unticked or does not have a green square inside.

Another way it could happen is if there is another instance of FM.exe or Activator.exe holding onto our certificate. In this case - the user should check the process list to see if another instance of FM.exe is open. If so - close it first.

To do this you need to open Task Manager (right click TaskBar, or CTRL+ALT+DEL), sort the Image Name column by clicking on it and identifying if Activator.exe or FM.exe are running. If they are highlight and click ‘End Task’

someone help me

I installed the graphics system link u gave me and i went to run it and it came up in a box

this setup executable has not been packed with files and settings. Please use the packer tool to build this executable

error code: S1001

IF U DONT HELP ME IM GOIN BACK 4 A REFUND

AND BUY FIFA MANAGER 09

REPLY ASAP

Hi,

I've played through my first season without any problems but now the game crashes about a minute after I load my saved game. I get the following message:

"A serious error was encountered and the application will close. An error file has been generated in:
C:/users/user_name/documents/sports interactive/football manager 2009/crash dumps"

Then the program closes.

I've uninstalled and re-installed the game, then tried to load the saved game again and the same thing happens.

Is there a solution to this problem? I'm using Vista by the way.

Thanks,

Kev

[quote]I'm not sure if my question will be answered but here goes anyway...

Steam frustrated me, so I quit that and went to the other online activation, which worked alright after a couple of minutes. Then the failed graphics system error came (after I got the patch) so I downloaded some other Windows thing that was suggested. Okey doke. Then loading up FM it always came up with a black screen so I had to scroll loads to reveal the buttons and whatnot.

So I wanted windowed mode, but it's greyed out. Then I do the target thing with the desktop icon like previous versions, but FM crashes. One of the combinations works, and windowed is no longer greyed out. So that's cool. But when I reload FM, it crashes again. (So I have to go back to making it full screen before quitting). That's all good. Now I like to play FM with a few addons. I was told by others (who have got everything working fine) that I could use my FM08 stuff with my FM09. So I followed the same thing.

The thing is, I moved all my FM stuff from my C drive to my D drive (as my D had more space). But the FM08 faces etc wouldn't load. So I reloaded, but nothing. Then I went to preferences and on the first screen (I can't remember what it is) it had something about user data. And there it had a C:/blahblah address, so I went there and changed it to D:/blahblah. Skin reloaded, but still no graphics.

Now the problem... whenever I load FM, it doesn't go past the loading icon in the bottom right corner with all the languages. I've tried it plenty of times but I have Ctrl-Alt-Delete out of it. I can't get onto the main menu at all now. Could some kind soul please shed some light on this? And once that's done, is there a possible way to use all my FM08 stuff on FM09? I'd like to, because it's a great game to play when I have that.

Thanks in advance, sorry if I sounded moany.[/quote]

Anyone :( ?

The planets biggest ever PR, customer service balls up in history has unfolded over the past three days and counting.

Just how many people have purchase agame that just cannot load without a degree in IT and 72 free hours of time.

Back to the shop for a refund anyone?

[quote name='Jungle']The planets biggest ever PR, customer service balls up in history has unfolded over the past three days and counting.

Just how many people have purchase agame that just cannot load without a degree in IT and 72 free hours of time.

Back to the shop for a refund anyone?[/QUOTE]

Absoloutly at this rate, is 9:30 SI's bed time or somin

[quote name='BlythForever']I didnt keep my reciept! :(

So much for trust![/QUOTE]

Just have to be ceremonial burning of the crepe and put it down to a lesson learned - don't buy from them again, I know I will not be.

[quote name='gregdfc']What system are you on, xp or vista??[/QUOTE]

Found run and i think this is the info about the graphics card not sure tho

Display Devices
---------------
WHQL Date Stamp:

right, im off to watch topgear then hit my bed.

i think the SI guys are taking a well deserved break, or trying to work out some problems before posting.

at this point i wonder if the starship enterprse could play this game never mind my Hp.

i'll have one last try tommorrow night to get this installed, otherwise it'll be getting send back in the post and i'll play SWOS untill all the kinks are knocked out of this release, and maybe think about buying it again.

cheers for the help so far guys, but unless anyone's got anything conclusive on how to fix whatever's wrong with this, my patience is up.

good luck to the rest of you.

Ever since I installed the demo I've been experiencing trouble (although now I have the full version). After a while of the game being on (theres no specific pattern, sometimes it's after 20 minutes, sometimes its on for an hour), the screen just has a load of vertical multi-coloured lines and my laptop just dosen't respond, meaning I have to turn it off and on again.

Any ideas? Tah.

This is the resulting screen: [url]http://img261.imageshack.us/my.php?image=errorqm2.jpg[/url]

[quote name='Marc Duffy']Please post here even if you've posted in another thread and we're yet to help you.[/QUOTE]

Hey I am on a Mac so it all installed perfect! Its in the actual gameplay when i press buttons it sometimes wont work, it usually works of if i press the shortcuts but if i go through the menus it sometime wont!!!! :mad: And then sometimes it freezes i have never got by the second day in the game!!!!! :mad: Is this a faulty copy or something else????

muzchap i dont know which area in technical forum it needs to be in. any help would be appreciated

I will apologise in advance if this has already been covered but with 13 pages a growing it is proving difficult to find the answers I need.

Whenever I try and install, whether standalone or with the auto update software I get two errors. The first says;

fm.exe
This application has failed to start because d3dx9_37.dll was not found.

I have then downloaded this and added it to the FM directory which results in the game attempting to load before i get the following error

fm.exe
fm.exe has encountered a problems and needs to close
We are sorry for the inconvenience

With the error signature of
AppName: fm.exe AppVer: 9.1.0.26064 ModName: fm.exe
ModVer: 9.1.0.26064 Offset: 00bdff12

I have the patch, Microsoft DirectX SDK, .net and the latest version of the graphics card drivers installed and have lost count of the number of times I have installed and reinstalled!

Please can someone help!

When I load the game it asks for the activation key, if i enter it in block capitals the error message comes up saying that the code is already active. If I get it checked by the key lookup and copy and paste it from there then it says the code has been accepted but when I relaunch the game it asks for the code again and the process is repeated... please help

[quote name='Death_Note']Hi,

I've played through my first season without any problems but now the game crashes about a minute after I load my saved game. I get the following message:

"A serious error was encountered and the application will close. An error file has been generated in:
C:/users/user_name/documents/sports interactive/football manager 2009/crash dumps"

Then the program closes.

I've uninstalled and re-installed the game, then tried to load the saved game again and the same thing happens.

Is there a solution to this problem? I'm using Vista by the way.

Thanks,

Kev[/QUOTE]

I got the same problem, I can't even finish one month.

The game keeps crashing after I've played a little while.........

Can anyone help?

[QUOTE]This is how it worked for me, but I am NOT making any promises:

If you have installed it before, UNINSTALL it, including Steam.
Go to Program Files and delete the 'Sports Interactive' folder.
Re-install the game, using UNILOC.
Type in your code on SoftAnchor (but first check it on the website provided in previous posts to ensure every letter is right.
It should initialize and work.
Open the game using the 'Program Files', NOT the desktop icon.
ENJOY!! [/QUOTE]

Right so I have done what was said here and I am still getting the fm.exe problem. what will I do now. I have done what it has said and it still doesnt work ?

asap please i am itching to play

Guys I know your ****ed off and it's tough but seriously, stick with it and be patient. The people working to help you/us are doing their best. As I say, just be a bit patient, it will be sorted eventually! Murray helped me big time.

[quote name='Miles Jacobson']Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but your graphics card is well below the minimum spec for the game.

For now, it's highly unlikely you'll be able to get the game up and running because of this.[/QUOTE]

i have a sis 651 rev 00, will i not be able to play the game then?

not to much of a problem as i have another computer in my household that can run the demo fine, but i rarely get time to go on it, so i guess i won't be getting a lot of fm action this year then, until you hopefully release an update.

Right FM08 used to run fine on my PC, but with 09 i only have that open and as soon as i hit new game i get the message ' football manager is dangerously low on memory and will now quit'.

Can i solve this in anyway through changing the settings?

Any help would be much appreciated.

[quote name='MattyFTM']Right so I have done what was said here and I am still getting the fm.exe problem. what will I do now. I have done what it has said and it still doesnt work ?

asap please i am itching to play[/QUOTE]

Mate, have you downloaded and run the 9.1 patch?

I was also having the same problem with the fm.exe, but i followed the advice in that post (after installing the patch).

HOWEVER i clicked the FM 09 logo which starts the game from the Programme files folder and not from the desktop - dont ask me why, but it worked, and has also done on 2 of my pals PC's.

Dnt have a clue but it seems good with me after downloading the patch and windows and Direct X upgrades.

Has taken since 12.30 today, but fingers crossed.
Hope this works for you.

Bit of a royal balls up from SI if you ask me

Found run and i think this is the info about the graphics card not sure tho

Display Devices
---------------
WHQL Date Stamp:
If this is the right info is my graphics card good enough or is this the reason my game keeps crashing all the time??? somebody please help i am getting really frustrated been trying to play since 2pm friday afternoon.

[quote name='Marc Duffy']Please post here even if you've posted in another thread and we're yet to help you.[/QUOTE]

I installed the game with steam yesterday but couldn't complete the activation or run the game. However, i uninstalled the game and all of steam and now when i insert the disc i can't run the installation but I have now completed the activation using the "Activator" file and i'm still experiencing the same problem.

Me and my friend are trying to setup a network game. However it keeps saying unable to connect to server when trying to join a game. then the game shuts down and the only way to reactivate it is to restart the computer.
We have tried turning off our separate firewalls, and i have made my wireless connection into an open one incase that was the problem. The run as server box has been ticked on both systems aswell. Is there any help u can offer please we are both extremely frustrated...
Thankyou

Finally i am set up on my own laptop rather than my mother in laws.

Just wanted to say thanks to all the si & sega staff who assisted and a message to all others who are having problems, be patient and wait for the issues to be resolved. Im sure that Si will have learnt from this but they should be applauded for their actions to rectify matters.

Im off to take the premiership by storm with the mighty Villa

Goodnight

Should be fine - please grab the lastst drivers from [url]www.nvidia.com[/url]

I'm going to be away from the forums for several hours - we are testing a fix that will clear up ALL remaining activation issues - so please bear with us.

[quote name='fm09v.upset']Found run and i think this is the info about the graphics card not sure tho

Display Devices
---------------
WHQL Date Stamp:
If this is the right info is my graphics card good enough or is this the reason my game keeps crashing all the time??? somebody please help i am getting really frustrated been trying to play since 2pm friday afternoon.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Loons']I've searched the FM2009 folder and that Dll file is not there, can I download it from some where ?[/QUOTE]
No response to my earlier message.

Is there anywhere I can download d3dx9_37.dll from and will that fix things !?!?!??

[quote]You are receiving the error: ‘FM2009 could not run as ‘facegen’ was unable to initialize!’
Fix: Please install the Patch, and ensure your graphics drivers are up to date[/quote]

Still getting this. Have the latest ATI Catalyst drivers and the 9.01 patch. Any ideas?

Running on an ATI X1600

[quote name='James Tringham']Originally Posted by James Tringham
OK, I haven't tried in here before so I'll give it a go. I haven't read through the whole 11 pages, so forgive me if I have missed something. I want to solve:

1. The flickering cursor
2. The black screen I get when I load the game. I have managed to get the game installed via Steam. this involved getting the Microsoft patch, and the SI patch, and updating my videocard driver. However I cannot see the screen when I launch the game. Some parts of the screen will appear if I hold the cursor over them, but not others.

Someone from SI suggested deleting the cache, but I am not sure if that means the whole SI folder in the Application Data folder, or going into that SI folder and only deleting elements. There are other folders within the SI one - FM07, FM08, the 09 Certificate and Installer Launcher. I don't want to wreck things by taking them all out in case some are needed. The certificate, for instance.

3. The CD doesn't play in my DVD drive. I tried uninstalling Steam and installing via the other route, but that was even worse.

What are the answers please? [/QUOTE]

Trying again. No response for hours now. It's rubbish, really, it is.

Ok, I have a strange problem.

Installation and activation was perfect. I played the game all weekeng, absolutely loving it, but just after the end of the first season my save game will not continue. IT KEEPS CRASHING

Everytime I try the game crashes and creates a crash dump.

I have not changed anything, the game was runnig perfectly for almost two days continuously!!! but now it will not go for more than a few days(in game) without crashing.

Any chance of some help.

cheers