Known issues and solutions - FAQ

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
thank you Niel,

is it a case case of wait and see,

or do we have a timescale,

Not just yet, but hopefully we can provide an update soon. Uniloc themselves are performing some investigations and running some tests as we speak. Once they've done that they'll hopefully be able to provide us with some further information.

I've just installed the service pack also but it still comes up with the same "footbal manager.exe has experienced a serious error and needs to close"

Anything else i can try?

What if nothing can be done? Do steam do refunds!!!

i've also got on to steam about this but they seem to take a day in between each reply they give me! At least on here we've got people with straight answers!

Totty,

i have the same earlier, but now after re-installing i have no phone option to try. guess i am fighting a loosing battle.

I think we all are at the moment, I just don't get why they have made it so difficult to play such a brilliant game. It's sitting here on my laptop all installed and I can't play it because I need to activate it! Why oh why. This is the biggest **** up ever. The real fans have been badly hurt here and someone needs to apologise or give us some answers.

i've also got on to steam about this but they seem to take a day in between each reply they give me! At least on here we've got people with straight answers!

Did you actually install the latest drivers for your graphics card?

If you are using the ATI RADEON 9200 series, then you will definitely need to make sure you're running with the 9.1.0 patch code.

• SI Staff
this game is currently unavailable please try again a another time....

Any fix on this yet, trying to launch through steam but get the above message.....

Been asking for some help with this since 8am and been trying to play the game since 2pm yesterday.

Tried installing uni version but had graphics instllation problem....which of the two peoblems is easier to fix (I have already dowloaded patch and DXSDX to no avail).

Please Help

STEAM "Currently unavailable" game error.

1) On receiving the error, please uninstall the game

2) Please navigate to the following directory:

XP users: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009 Certificate

Vista users: C:\Program Data\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009 Certificate

3) Please ensure that it is the \certificate directory you are located in

4) Delete all content

5) Reboot the machine

6) Re-run the installation programme and retry activation - ensuring you have 'verified' your key using the following website: http://keylookup.fm2009.softanchorinsight.com/

7) You should now be activated

If you are using the ATI RADEON 9200 series, then you will definitely need to make sure you're running with the 9.1.0 patch code.

Yeah i've dowloaded the latest drivers today for it (Radeon 9250 series) and i downloaded it straight off of steam so doesn't that mean it's automatically updated to the 9.1.0 patch or not?

In post #5 in this thread I described my problem. I have emailed both Marc and muzchap with jpegs of my keycode but still no reply from either one. I kinda feel left out so **** this for tonight. I'm gonna go watch some Sons of Anarchy episodes instead. I really hope that someone from SI can take the time and have an answer for me by tomorrow since I've been kind of ignored so far...

I'm encountering the "fm.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close" error.

The send report says the following:

AppName: fm.exe AppVer: 9.1.0.26064 ModName: fm.exe

ModVer: 9.1.0.26064 Offset: 00fdc281

Any ideas? I've tried repairing the Microsoft Dot.Net framework but it doesn't work. I was playing the game earlier perfectly fine, and have tried re-installing it. I'm also running the latest patch?

You should be able to save it anywhere on your machine and then run it afterwards to install.

ok, thats installed and now im getting a new error message, saying 'The rocedure entry point symgetlinefromaddw64 could not be located in the dynamic line dgbhelp.dll

any ideas now? sorry to keep you from your bed!

Liam

What about the freezing issue ????

Received the game today (dvd), and spent a good hour setting things up before getting to the first friendly game, selected my team and when clicked on go to match the bloody thing freezed.F@@@

Using Vista x64 with the patch and latest vista updates.

So much for the 'games for windows' assurance :

http://www.gamesforwindows.com/en-GB/AboutGFW/Pages/gamesforwindows.aspx

Thanks Neil!!

Im back up and running and no problems!! You guys have had a fair amount of stick for this launch and some of it is understandable. I ws one of those who took a day of yesterday to get fm and was pretty p***** that i couldnt get it working until around 11pm.

HOWEVER, i can speak for a lot of people when i say this, the fact that you guys are on here at nearly 1am the following day helping fellow football managers is a fantastic thing to do and we thank you for everything you are all doing!

Keep up the hard work and i hope everyone is up and running soon...

Rafa

ok, thats installed and now im getting a new error message, saying 'The rocedure entry point symgetlinefromaddw64 could not be located in the dynamic line dgbhelp.dll

any ideas now? sorry to keep you from your bed!

Liam

Hmm... okay that makes more sense now.

Can you go to the following directory:

C:\Program Files\Steam\Steamapps\Common\Football Manager 2009

You should see the "fm.exe" there, but there should also be a dbghelp.dll file too. It sounds like this file is missing from your system, which means somehow perhaps the game did not install correctly or you may have accidentally deleted it?

FIANLLY managed to get going!! Apparently when i thought steam had downloaded the patch for me like it said it had it appears that it was not the case!! Just downloaded a patch of rapidshare and installed it and it works ok now!!

Thanks for all your help guys, really appreciate the time your putting in to sort this out, who knows, i could be back here soon!!

Thanks Neil!!

Im back up and running and no problems!! You guys have had a fair amount of stick for this launch and some of it is understandable. I ws one of those who took a day of yesterday to get fm and was pretty p***** that i couldnt get it working until around 11pm.

HOWEVER, i can speak for a lot of people when i say this, the fact that you guys are on here at nearly 1am the following day helping fellow football managers is a fantastic thing to do and we thank you for everything you are all doing!

Keep up the hard work and i hope everyone is up and running soon...

Rafa

Terrific - glad you're back up and running and thanks for the comments. It's been a bit of a slog with the recent problems, but we're committed to doing what we can to help everybody who is experiencing issues to get them playing.

FIANLLY managed to get going!! Apparently when i thought steam had downloaded the patch for me like it said it had it appears that it was not the case!! Just downloaded a patch of rapidshare and installed it and it works ok now!!

Thanks for all your help guys, really appreciate the time your putting in to sort this out, who knows, i could be back here soon!!

Great news Dan... I hope the wait is worth it and you enjoy the game. :)

Neil/Miles

I have the same problem as Totty and a few other with the phone activation telling me after the 3rd code that I have the wrong number. It is not the wrong number, i have checked and tried as suggested to put in in capitals and lower case without success.

Any further with the solution?

Please help!

What about the freezing issue ????

Received the game today (dvd), and spent a good hour setting things up before getting to the first friendly game, selected my team and when clicked on go to match the bloody thing freezed.F@@@

Using Vista x64 with the patch and latest vista updates.

So much for the 'games for windows' assurance :

http://www.gamesforwindows.com/en-GB/AboutGFW/Pages/gamesforwindows.aspx

Hi Gazza,

Can you try running the game in Windowed Mode to see if this helps improve the problem?

Hmm... okay that makes more sense now.

Can you go to the following directory:

C:\Program Files\Steam\Steamapps\Common\Football Manager 2009

You should see the "fm.exe" there, but there should also be a dbghelp.dll file too. It sounds like this file is missing from your system, which means somehow perhaps the game did not install correctly or you may have accidentally deleted it?

no, that file is not there, and i am pretty sure i haven't deleted anything. do you suggest a re-install or......? i preume the directx upgrade that i did will remain on my machine as a seperate thing yes, and therefore i wont have to repeat this process?

actually, just figured that in the fm09 DEMO file, that dbghelp file does exist, am i being thick to think i could just simply cut and paste this across or not??

Liam

Liam

no, that file is not there, and i am pretty sure i haven't deleted anything. do you suggest a re-install or......? i preume the directx upgrade that i did will remain on my machine as a seperate thing yes, and therefore i wont have to repeat this process?

actually, just figured that in the fm09 DEMO file, that dbghelp file does exist, am i being thick to think i could just simply cut and paste this across or not??

Liam

Liam

I would suggest re-installing the game, yes.

You shouldn't need to run the DirectX again afterwards, but, while installing FM, if you are prompted to update DirectX then do so.

I have managed to authenticate however when i click on the fm 09 icon nothing happens. i then click again and it staes the game is already running. i checked applications on task manager and its not there.

Does any one have any ideas

How long have you left it for? Give it a couple of minutes and if nothing is showing then reboot your machine and try again.

Neil/Miles

I have the same problem as Totty and a few other with the phone activation telling me after the 3rd code that I have the wrong number. It is not the wrong number, i have checked and tried as suggested to put in in capitals and lower case without success.

Any further with the solution?

Please help!

How have you checked? Have you tried using the key look up tool or activating online?

You can find it here:

http://keylookup.fm2009.softanchorinsight.com/

The titled section - '‘Error: Application was unable to connect to the internet. Please check your connection.’' - Only deals with Internet explorer users and not firefox users like myself.

When you follow the only other link for additional help the website it takes you to simply states that it is possible for firefox users to get the required certification saying that all you have to do is simply go to the download page right click and save the link for import later, it does not however give a link to get to the download page or say what exactly to right click on.

I have tried all of the other relevant methods to get my game working and have even installed the game onto another pc just to see if I had the correct code which I did.

Please help

The titled section - '‘Error: Application was unable to connect to the internet. Please check your connection.’' - Only deals with Internet explorer users and not firefox users like myself.

When you follow the only other link for additional help the website it takes you to simply states that it is possible for firefox users to get the required certification saying that all you have to do is simply go to the download page right click and save the link for import later, it does not however give a link to get to the download page or say what exactly to right click on.

I have tried all of the other relevant methods to get my game working and have even installed the game onto another pc just to see if I had the correct code which I did.

Please help

Hi Douglos,

Uniloc are looking into this issue as we speak and we hope to have some further news soon, so please accept our apologies for the wait right now, but hang tight and we'll provide an update soon.

I tried to download DirectX SDK and during my download it cut off saying i need to use a PACKER tool? is there any sudgestions about how i can get to play fm? or is there anywhere or thing i can download to get it working? its killing me not being able to play it:(

How long have you left it for? Give it a couple of minutes and if nothing is showing then reboot your machine and try again.

i left it for about 10 minutes before clicking again. Have rebooted many times and installed direct x.

Have just noticed that fm.exe is running as a process on task manager but still not an application

I tried to download DirectX SDK and during my download it cut off saying i need to use a PACKER tool? is there any sudgestions about how i can get to play fm? or is there anywhere or thing i can download to get it working? its killing me not being able to play it:(

Which URL/where are you downloading from?

I would suggest re-installing the game, yes.

You shouldn't need to run the DirectX again afterwards, but, while installing FM, if you are prompted to update DirectX then do so.

hello again, it took me a good while to install the game via steam the first time around (as it had to do all the updates etc) so i dont imagine i'll be able to give you a success or not tonight. however, because this will get so busy again tomorrow, how do you advise i best get in touch with you (bearing in mind you know the history) without it getting lost in amongst the other posts?

i dont know if you saw on my last post but i was saying i'd found the dgbhelp.dll file but it was in the DEMO file that i downloaded from steam. am i able to simply cut and paste into the file of the full version or not?

Thanks

Liam

i left it for about 10 minutes before clicking again. Have rebooted many times and installed direct x.

Have just noticed that fm.exe is running as a process on task manager but still not an application

Okay that's interesting - what's its memory footprint?

Just so I'm clear - when you initially activated, did the game ever run successfully?

hello again, it took me a good while to install the game via steam the first time around (as it had to do all the updates etc) so i dont imagine i'll be able to give you a success or not tonight. however, because this will get so busy again tomorrow, how do you advise i best get in touch with you (bearing in mind you know the history) without it getting lost in amongst the other posts?

i dont know if you saw on my last post but i was saying i'd found the dgbhelp.dll file but it was in the DEMO file that i downloaded from steam. am i able to simply cut and paste into the file of the full version or not?

Thanks

Liam

Yes, you can copy and paste it (don't cut and paste it as otherwise the demo will no longer work if you remove it), so that's worth a go.

Yes, you can copy and paste it (don't cut and paste it as otherwise the demo will no longer work if you remove it), so that's worth a go.

ok, so i copied that over and then it asked for the saAudit.dll file so i dually copied that over. and now it just says 'cannot run game. failed to set up graphics system'

im sure i've seen someone else have that problem somewhere in the previous 6 pages - am i getting somewhere?

Liam

Archived