Known issues and solutions - FAQ

Hi have a strange issue.

Game installed, all has been fine for ages. On my current game im into season 3 and for friendlies I always have the matches on Commentary Only to speed through them. When it came to the first game of hte season and I tried to switch back to 3D pitch, the game freezes...well the screen freezes, I can still hear sounds. I have to end task the game.

I restarted FM09 and I got a last_save_game.xml error when starting the .exe. I resolved this by using the --reset preferences command on the shortcut.

I also started a new game to see if the installation of FM09 was corrupted but hte 3D pitch works perfectly - its only affected my one save game - which I dont want to lose!

I can still play my saved game but without using the 3D pitch, which I like.

Any suggestions?

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Have SI sorted the problems with 64bit OS' out yet?

Do they even care? I can't play the game since i switched to Vista 64.

Same Exception Hresult etc. problem as many others when i try to use the fixv3(runme..exe), and logically steam activation doesn't work, and the softanchor activation crashes.

Hi, I bought the game almost a year ago now and have been running it off of steam since the start without any problems whatsoever. However today when i went to run the game i was asked to register my activation code again, using the softanchor program. I inputed my product key and I am getting the error [-51] window popping up. I have verified the key and tried registering the product with steam again, but steam just say that it has already been registered and that it should work fine. I haven't tried the method it has at the start of the thread because i wondered if that would be for new users. Is that what i try or is there another way to sort the problem.

Help!

I am having the below problem. I have uodated netframework and am on patch 3 . the below link to " the fix" no longer works ... what file do i need.... please help

When trying to run the Editor I get a "application failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect" error

Fix: Download and install this Microsoft update - http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en

This should fix your issue.

hi i really need help installing this game. when i insert the disk i get this message:

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c107/adipokerface/fatalerror1.gif

then when i click on details it gives this information:

java.lang.NullPointerException

at javax.swing.MultiUIDefaults.getUIError(Unknown Source)

at javax.swing.UIDefaults.getUI(Unknown Source)

at javax.swing.UIManager.getUI(Unknown Source)

at javax.swing.JPanel.updateUI(Unknown Source)

at javax.swing.JPanel.<init>(Unknown Source)

at javax.swing.JRootPane.createGlassPane(Unknown Source)

at javax.swing.JRootPane.<init>(Unknown Source)

at javax.swing.JFrame.createRootPane(Unknown Source)

at javax.swing.JFrame.frameInit(Unknown Source)

at javax.swing.JFrame.<init>(Unknown Source)

at com.zerog.ia.installer.LifeCycleManager.g(DashoA8113)

at com.zerog.ia.installer.LifeCycleManager.h(DashoA8113)

at com.zerog.ia.installer.LifeCycleManager.a(DashoA8113)

at com.zerog.ia.installer.Main.main(DashoA8113)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)

at com.zerog.lax.LAX.launch(DashoA8113)

at com.zerog.lax.LAX.main(DashoA8113)

my directx and java are all up to date. my OS is XP Proffessional.

cheers

That`s exactly what I get. Can`t even Install the game.

Did anyone finally nail this issue? Please????

Neil/Mark...PLEASE HELP!

I had been playing the game for a couple months then all of a sudden started receiving the following error message everytime I try to load up the game.

fm.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

The error signature is...

AppName: fm.exe AppVer: 9.3.0.36289 ModName: saauditmd.dll

ModVer: 1.2.2.0 Offset: 00006697

I have updated DivX, Java etc but nothing seems to work.

Thanks,

Sam

Hello, at first I had constant XML parsing errors though sometimes I was able to fix those and sometimes not. Now I dont appear to have XML parsing problems instead when I try to launch through Steam I get the following....

A pop up appears from Soft Anchor asking me to enter my product key which paste in from Steam via the clipboard (the product key is correct) it then comes up with "Error -819 we were unable to process your request, to recieve a new key visit http//sigames.com"

The link for S.I games does'nt take me anywhere useful so i'm left with a game that I bought that i can't play (again)

Any suggestions please on what to do?

Ive had a look around on these boards but cant find a solution beyond "try again later"

Whatever happened to the days of installing the game, clicking on the icon and playing it. These technical issues are ridiculous.

Please help.

Kind regards.

Hi people, ive got an issue and i havent been able to found a solution yet. Basically i can play fm 2009 on my laptop (single player) no problem for hours and hours. My friend also has fm 2009 on his laptop, no problems for him either, he is 8 seasons in. But when we play a netwok game together whether it is over the internet or LAN, i get the blue screen of death on my computer after 5 - 10 minutes of play. the blue screen of death always comes on my laptop whether im running as server or not. Can anybody help me pls, thank you. please bear in mind i can player fm 2009 fine, its just when playin the network game, it brings up the blue screen of death after 10 minutes. thanks

Hey..

When i try to open the program it says that i have a problem.

Programname is fm.exe, programversion is 9.3.0.36289..

Other things it says is APPCRASH, ntdll.dll, 6.0.6001.18000, 6.0.6001.2.1.0.256.6

can u help?

Hello, at first I had constant XML parsing errors though sometimes I was able to fix those and sometimes not. Now I dont appear to have XML parsing problems instead when I try to launch through Steam I get the following....

A pop up appears from Soft Anchor asking me to enter my product key which paste in from Steam via the clipboard (the product key is correct) it then comes up with "Error -819 we were unable to process your request, to recieve a new key visit http//sigames.com"

The link for S.I games does'nt take me anywhere useful so i'm left with a game that I bought that i can't play (again)

Any suggestions please on what to do?

Ive had a look around on these boards but cant find a solution beyond "try again later"

Whatever happened to the days of installing the game, clicking on the icon and playing it. These technical issues are ridiculous.

Please help.

Kind regards.

So basically I, along with what looks like a whole bunch of other people bought a dud game that cant be used for anything over a few weeks? No wonder 09 sold so much, I imagine alot of people just went out and bought a 2nd copy.

I wont be buying any more future F.M's.

• Administrators
Hey..

When i try to open the program it says that i have a problem.

Programname is fm.exe, programversion is 9.3.0.36289..

Other things it says is APPCRASH, ntdll.dll, 6.0.6001.18000, 6.0.6001.2.1.0.256.6

can u help?

I'd suggest re-installing and deleting the following folder:

First of all you need to turn on hidden files and folders.

IN XP: Go to My Computer and at the top select 'Tools' the 'Folder Options'. The go to the 'View' tab and select 'Show hidden files and folders'

IN VISTA: Go to My Computer and at the top select 'Organize' then 'Folder and Search Options'. The go to the 'View' tab and select 'Show hidden files and folders'

Once this is done, follow the instructions below:

Windows XP:

1. Open “My Computer”

2. Navigate to : “Documents and Settings\<Username>\Application Data\

3. Go into the “Sports Interactive” Folder.

4. Delete the “Football Manager 2009” Folder.

Wndows Vista:

1. Click “Start”

2. Click your username on the start Menu

3. Click on “AppData” and then “Roaming”

4. Go into the “Sports Interactive” Folder

5. Delete the “Football Manager 2009” Folder.

Let me know how you get on, thanks.

Neil/Mark...PLEASE HELP!

I had been playing the game for a couple months then all of a sudden started receiving the following error message everytime I try to load up the game.

fm.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

The error signature is...

AppName: fm.exe AppVer: 9.3.0.36289 ModName: saauditmd.dll

ModVer: 1.2.2.0 Offset: 00006697

I have updated DivX, Java etc but nothing seems to work.

Thanks,

Sam

Hi Sam,

Did you have any luck with this? I am having the exact same problem and its driving me insane... Managed Wrexham from Blue Square up to championsip, sitting pretty in playoffs and next thing..... This error atarted popping up! Fit to go daft i am!

Let me know if you managed to solve it...

Cheers!

I'm trying to install FM09 on my laptop, and the installation goes fine, but when i try to start the game, the standard windows error window pops up, and asks me if I want so send an error report to Microsoft. FM08 worked fine on this laptop, but haven't used it since.

What can i do?

Can someone please help i have installed football manager on my computer but it will not let me play i keep geting the this message

not well-formed (invalid token) at line 1 of database_location.xml

and

not well-formed (invalid token) at line 1 of sound_cache_mode.xml

hi i wonder if anyone can help

i have been playing fm 09 for about 8 months and generally things have worked quite well, the game was not registered with steam so it is not a steam related problem.

now and then i have been getting the xml parsing error notices that pop up, usually i have been able to get rid and carry on but the other day when i loaded up my game and started to play it got to the team selction and then it showed this:

XML parsing error

not well-formed (invalid token) at line 1 of speed.xml

now i saw another similar post on here with a similar parsing error although that seemed to be related to sound. i dont know if my problem is similar.

any help would be greatly appreciated

thanks

• Administrators

If you're suffering with XML errors do the following:

IN XP: Go to My Computer and at the top select 'Tools' the 'Folder Options'. The go to the 'View' tab and select 'Show hidden files and folders'

IN VISTA: Go to My Computer and at the top select 'Organize' then 'Folder and Search Options'. The go to the 'View' tab and select 'Show hidden files and folders'

Delete the following folder:

XP: C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Application Data\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009\settings

Vista: C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009\settings

Let me know how you get on, thanks.

• Administrators
Hi Sam,

Did you have any luck with this? I am having the exact same problem and its driving me insane... Managed Wrexham from Blue Square up to championsip, sitting pretty in playoffs and next thing..... This error atarted popping up! Fit to go daft i am!

Let me know if you managed to solve it...

Cheers!

Try uninstalling and deleting the following files:

Windows XP:

1. Open “My Computer”

2. Navigate to : “Documents and Settings\<Username>\Application Data\

3. Go into the “Sports Interactive” Folder.

4. Delete the “Football Manager 2009” Folder.

Wndows Vista:

1. Click “Start”

2. Click your username on the start Menu

3. Click on “AppData” and then “Roaming”

4. Go into the “Sports Interactive” Folder

5. Delete the “Football Manager 2009” Folder.

Once this is done re-install. Let me know how you get on. Thanks.

• Administrators
I'm trying to install FM09 on my laptop, and the installation goes fine, but when i try to start the game, the standard windows error window pops up, and asks me if I want so send an error report to Microsoft. FM08 worked fine on this laptop, but haven't used it since.

What can i do?

Send a copy of your dxdiag and your issue to neil.brock[at]sigames.com and I'll look into this for you. Thanks.

To find you dxdiag:

You can find this by going to Start -> Run -> Type Dxdiag

Then click 'Save All Information' and you can save the information as a text file

Hi, I am a user on the Mac and cannot seem to get anywhere when downloading the 9.3 update. It seems to download but when I am going to start a new game there is no sign of the update.

Could you please help, a possible chain of action would be useful!!

Thanks

Hi,

I am having activation issues and have been emailing with Neil Dejyothin (SI) and Joseph Mordesky (Uniloc) for three weeks to get it resolved. So far the help I've gotten is "run the fix", and not much else. How does one actually get help with the activator?

Hi,

I am experiencing the same problem as "Fishy1" - Post 74. In that my game keeps on saying currently unavailable when trying to open through steam, Very frustrating. Any help would be much appreciated!

Go to "Steam\steamapps\football manager 2009" folder. Create a desktop shortcut for fm.exe file. Close Steam. Run the game using desktop shortcut. you'll never need Steam for running the game.

This problem happens when Steam server is having a problem.

"football manager 2009" will be inside 'Steamapps' folder but it may not be directly inside that folder. please search through sub-directories. inside football manager 2009 folder you'll find fm.exe, which is your actual game executable file. create shortcut to this file.

• Administrators
Hi,

I am having activation issues and have been emailing with Neil Dejyothin (SI) and Joseph Mordesky (Uniloc) for three weeks to get it resolved. So far the help I've gotten is "run the fix", and not much else. How does one actually get help with the activator?

Email me again at neil.brock[at]sigames.com - thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

when i launch football manager 2009 nothing happens and when i click it again it says football manager is already running, iv restarted my laptop and ended the process on the task manager and tried it again and it still does the same thing. it was working fine a week ago. now when i launch it nothing happens and it will only launch through steam, iv contacted steam and sent me a link to this page.

thank you

• 2 weeks later...
Any luck with this? I have the same :(

This includes deleting Registry files, cache, re-installing with/without Steam, running the patch 3, running the SDK and the .Net (which my laptop says I don't need!!)...

Please can someone help?

I have the same problem as well can someone please help and reply to this?!?! any help will be much appreciated!!

• 4 weeks later...

I have just tried to launch Football Manager 2010 through Steam (bought retail copy but want to install through my steam account). At each attempt I get the message saying "Steam ticket expired - please refresh login". I input my account password and login and nothing happens. I already have FM 2009 running through Steam with no problems. My login details work perfectly in every other respect. What am I doing wrong? Has anyone else had this issue? Thanks:(

Please post here even if you've posted in another thread and we're yet to help you.

Thank you for offering help and advice.

I'd like to select my own choice for a new recruit's player number (i.e. the number on their jersey.)

In the demo, this worked fine. Now, I go to a similar screen w/o that option. I can only tell the game to "auto-assign" the number. Thus, the game recycles numbers when someone comes and goes.

Any advice?

• 2 weeks later...
Quick question, if i go to the store and buy the game how many computers can i install it on? I know last year it was 5 and i was wondering if this has changed or not?

Thanks.

you can install it as many pcs as you want but will either have to log into steam if you activate it with steam or have the cd in the drive on which ever pc you play it on so i would say max 2 to be able to play on both I.E one using steam (no DVD required) one not using steam (DVD required)

you can install it as many pcs as you want but will either have to log into steam if you activate it with steam or have the cd in the drive on which ever pc you play it on so i would say max 2 to be able to play on both I.E one using steam (no DVD required) one not using steam (DVD required)

Cheers Mate. :thup:

Archived