Known issues and solutions - FAQ

I've already installed FM09 successfully on a desktop and a laptop and I'm trying to now install a copy on my Samsung NC10 netbook.

The netbook's spec is above min but when I try to start the game, even though I can see fm.exe in the task manager list, the game doesn't start - it just hangs...

Any ideas?

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrators
NIEL

hi i have installed FM2009 and done the phone activation every thing went fine now when i try to run the game i get the following msg

fm.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close?also i get the facegen msg

anybody help

please

thanks

Contact me via email at neil.brock[at]sigames.com or alternative read the known issues thread found here - http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=74469

• Administrators

A few suggestions, first of all I would suggest running the game in windowed mode. I would also suggest making sure if you're NOT running via Steam you have the 9.3 patch installed, (if you have Steam it does this automatically).

Also bear in mind running facepacks and logos is not supported by us, so I would suggest removing these from your game and making sure they are not causing any of the issues you are suffering with. Let me know how you get on, thanks.

Hi, I'm new here.

After reading through the best part of 51 pages, I am still no better off in solving the MAJOR problem I am having with FM2009.

I installed the game last week (through steam).

It got to just before season kick-off but it was running extremely slowly. So I bought an additional 512mb DDR RAM. ( I only had 512 ddr ram prior ).

I started a new game as I made some changes in the data editor and downloaded a facepack and logo pack through FM Base.

Things were working fine until the first friendly game. I keep getting kicked out either during or after the first friendly (sometimes it gives me tillthe second friendly).

This is extremely frustrating as I have spent HOURS searching the internet trying to find a solution and no-one seems to have an answer although its obviously a common problem!

I have uninstalled (complete uninstall (except deleting registries as I have no idea how)) the game about 12 times!!

I have tried installing with steam, without steam, deleting everthing from the apps folder (settings, cache etc).

I have tried a new game with small medium and large base. Without Italian Serie c (aparantly a problem).

I have checked the RAM and that seems to be fine. I only get problems with FM2009.

I really have come to the end of my patience as I have wasted hours without success.

I could really do with some help and i need to know where to find the solution and how to carry out a solution.

I would appreciate a quick response as im about 10 mins away from carrying out GBH on my pc :mad:

my computer specs are

Pentium 4 3.0 GHZ

120GB hard disk 7200 rpm ( I have 54 GB FREE )

512MB DDR memory ( I have also fitted an extra 512mb so 1GB essentially ).

SIS 661FX graphics cip on board ( also recently updated that driver ).

Im not sure how to tell exactly but I seem to be running microsoft. NET framwork 3.5 SP1.

In my control panel (add/remove) there is the above and also microsoft. NET framwork 2.0 service pack 2 and 3.0 service pack 2.

I have XP home service pack 3.

If you can please help me and let me know what I need to do and how to do it.

Many Thanks

Aaron

• Administrators
Dear SI games,

i got the Error : [-821]

i followed your steps, and when i re-installed the game it still asked me to put in my key code, i did and i got the Error again, please help me, i really want to play this game....

Email me your activation code to neil.brock[at]sigames.com and I'll look into it. Thanks.

• Administrators

The fact it's your entire system that is crashing rather than just the game suggests a system error. I would suggest running the programs found here to see if there is an error with your system - http://www.sigames.com/sibase.php?type=view&id=142

Let me know how you get on, thanks.

ok, so i bought the game finally a few days ago and i have it installed properly as far as i can tell

i had a problem getting it to accept the key but the fix fixed that for me

the problem is that whenever i try to start up fm09, my computer turns off

at first i thought it was a power failure but it happens every time i try to start the game

i have updated all the drivers and my computer meets the system requirements

i have tried it without the patch and with the patch and it makes no difference

and i have looked everywhere for an answer but it seems like nobody else has this problem

well nobody apart from one guy who had a really old card

i only got mine last year though and it is well fit for fm09

so please, i am desperate now, can anyone help a fellow manager out?

• Administrators
Nothing in the background bar the usual windows processes, not even potential resource hogs like AV software or firewall. And yes, I have the 9.3 patch.

I use a custom skin but the problem appears even with the default one. Sometimes the menus are completely fine, but I was unable to pinpoint when or why specifically.

In fact right now they are okay – which is a bit puzzling since I have got a ton of FF tabs open and I'm installing something so the resource usage is high.

Not the most useful of descriptions, I know. And considering it doesn't seem to be directly linked with memory/cpu load I don't really expect a magical solution. Unless it's a well known issue and someone has dealt with it in the past.

Could you forward me your dxdiag to neil.brock[at]sigames.com - details on how to get your dxdiag below. Thanks.

You can find this by going to Start -> Run -> Type Dxdiag

Then click 'Save All Information' and you can save the information as a text file

The fact it's your entire system that is crashing rather than just the game suggests a system error. I would suggest running the programs found here to see if there is an error with your system - http://www.sigames.com/sibase.php?type=view&id=142

well i downloaded the graphics card tester cuz i had a sneaky feeling it was to do with that and i was right

as soon as i started the test the computer went off again

i will try going back to the original driver and see what happens

after that i dont know what to do

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lad

Hi Marc,

Im having the exact same problem as Stedders above

"On startup the fm.exe crashes, the following is in the "Send error..."

AppName: fm.exe AppVer: 9.1.0.26064 ModName: fm.exe

ModVer: 9.1.0.26064 Offset: 00e5dbce"

Do you or anyone else have any sort of clue how to fix this?

Like Stedders i have the latest version of Direct X 9 installed. Unfortunatley this hasn't been my first problem of the last few days!

Though in fairness i have now installed the game on two of my friends computers with the help of these forums so one last piece of advice would make my saturday. Please help, otherwise its the pub for me tonight...who would chose the pub over footy manager on a night like this....?

Thanks in advance

Fix: This can be resolved by updating the Microsoft Dot.Net framework, please visit the following URL to download:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=0856EACB-4362-4B0D-8EDD-AAB15C5E04F5&displaylang=en

I have had this problem as well, but when I try to download and run that Dot.Net framework it says that it is not compatible with one running on my machine.

Hi Marc, Sorry I'm new to the forum so hope this message gets to you or your team.

Inititially I got an XML parsing error. I tried your fix by adjusting the target of the shortcut and that did not help so I uninstalled everything, including steam. Now I get this warning message after installing. . . . 'C/Program files/Steam/Steamapps/common/football manager 2009/data/updates/update-930/db/930' - reverting to default location. The game does not load after this. The message came up even after installing FM 09 via uniloc and not steam.

Another problem is that when I initially installed Steam I failed to note my password and username. When I try to recover them by placing my email address in steam, it says that it does not recognise my email address???

I have spent 7 hours trying to work this out and I am clawing my eyes !!!!!!

PLEASE HELP

Sorry to bore you all on a sunday morning!

After reinstalling Steam and FM I am now back to square one (at least the game has now installed!) I now have XML parsing error - not well formed (invalid token) at line 1 of last_saved_game.xml

I have tried the shortcut target name chnage to reset preferences but this does not work...any more ideas please. I am losing the will to live. I am not used to having all these errors. I have had FM since 04 and have not experienced anything like this before. :-(

I AM GETTING CLOSE!

I just deleted a facepack that I had moved over from 08 and now on the initial start menu the buttons for load last game and load game are highlighted (they were not before). After loading my last game I thought I was in, alas at the last moment when the scroll bar nearly edged towards completion I got another XML parsing error it now states 'not well formed invalid token at line 1 of profile0.xml'. The game loads and it allows me to play, however the windows toolbars do not disappear and it limits viewing of the page......I am getting close...come on forum.... you know you want to help me.......

i just downloaded the 9.0.3 patch via rapidshare and after updating the game it has decided to stop working, when i try to start up the game i just get a black screen for a minute or so then it comes up with "fm.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close" the game was working fine before the patch and if i uninstall the game and try it again without the 9.0.3 patch it works fine again.

i really just cannot work out what is wrong with it and any help would be greatly appreciated

thanks in advance

• Administrators
i just downloaded the 9.0.3 patch via rapidshare and after updating the game it has decided to stop working, when i try to start up the game i just get a black screen for a minute or so then it comes up with "fm.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close" the game was working fine before the patch and if i uninstall the game and try it again without the 9.0.3 patch it works fine again.

i really just cannot work out what is wrong with it and any help would be greatly appreciated

thanks in advance

I'd suggest downloading the patch from a different source and trying again. Are you running Steam by the way, as this auto-patches and you don't need to download anything manually. Thanks.

Already posted on another thread, but I've tried another step and no change. I've downloaded the fix from the first page, put in my activation code, and it said activation was successful. Tried to run the game and at the end of setting up a game, I get this message... "The copy protection system was unable to verify your copy of football manager. Please ensure you have a valid DVD in your drive when the game starts." I have a dvd in the drive and originally activated the game through Steam. When Steam didn't work, I erased all trace of Steam and tried activating through the other option. Does anyone have any other suggestions?

Are you running FM09 or an earlier version of the game? You shouldn't need the DVD to run FM09 once it's been activated.

Originally Posted by Annexe View Post

Thanks for replying, apologies for being vague. Whenever I boot up FM - after loading or creating a save file - the game gives me a message saying: 'copy protection failed...the copy protection system was unable to verify your copy of football manager. Please ensure you have a valid DVD in your drive when the game starts'. I have the original DVD and the game has worked perfectly for many moons prior to this.

I have tried searching for many fruitless hours but it seems I am alone in having this problem.

Installed the game via dvd, played from november to some days ago.. suddenly i had same problem described here.

Reading this forum i cant understand if a solution was found or not..

What should i do?

Thanks in advance.

Neil brock

I'd suggest downloading the patch from a different source and trying again. Are you running Steam by the way, as this auto-patches and you don't need to download anything manually. Thanks

(that was supposed to be a quote but failed)

i have also tryed downloading the torrent patch however the same problem occurs. and also i am not using steam ... do you think by using steam and doing it automatically this problem could be avoided?

Dear Marc,

M y problem is when I load the fm 2009.It says' fm 2009 is low on memory' please help me.

This post lists all current known issues and their solutions. If you have an issue not listed please post here and we will attempt to get you up and running. Please note that this thread will be moderated tightly and any stray posts or abuse will be removed.

FOOTBALL MANAGER 09 – FAQ GUIDE

Please read the information below, the suggestions have been confirmed as fixing the issues you are experiencing.

I own a MAC – what’s the problem?

Mac users have nothing to worry about there is no activation on the game for MAC users, just the normal disc check. Mac Book Air users will need an external Optical drive in order to play – we are currently looking into options for this.

ALL USERS PLEASE DO THIS FIRST

Please check the ‘Football_Manager_2009_InstallLog.log’ located in ‘C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009’ and report any errors. If you do have errors can you please also report where you purchased the game from.

When I try to activate, it says I'm not connected to the internet / other activation problems

We have created a small activator script that should help anybody having trouble activating the game online.

Step 1 – Download the activator from http://www.footballmanager.com/fixv2.zip

Step 2 – Unzip the contents of the activator to your desktop.

Step 3 – Double click the activate.vbs file. Note the screen shot below.

pic1.jpg

Step 4 – Next you will see a dialog box prompting you for your license key.

pic2.jpg

Step 5 – Enter your license key into the dialog. Remember – to check your key at http://keycheck.fm2009.softanchorinsight.com

Step 6 – Press OK - then wait 30-60 seconds and you will receive a second message. If you are successful – the message will read:

pic3.jpg

If you get this message, open the game and run it.

If the activation fails, the message will read something like:

pic4.jpg

The number in this message will help us understand the problem. For example, In this case the number -1003 indicates that your license key. If the error is -1003 enter your license key into the form at: http://keycheck.fm2009.softanchorinsight.com

If it is something besides -1003, please send Muzchap or JMordetsky a PM and they will do their best to help!

I’m receiving the Error [-10] what can I do?

Fix: The error 10 is related to not being able see the server correctly; this could be due to a firewall blockage or ‘proxy’ issue. We are investigating further, but do have a workaround – please can you call one of the Customer Services numbers below and an Operator will talk you through activation:

UK* - 0871 010 8002

FR - 08 20 37 61 58

All other number for support and their territories can be found here:

http://www.sega.co.uk/support/

I’ve installed the game where are the files located?

Fix: C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009

You are receiving a [-703] error:We were unable to process your unlock request. To receive a new key please visit sigames.com

Fix: This indicates that the server is busy and has been unable to fulfill your request, please do keep trying, it will authenticate.

Phone activation fails - Drops out after 3rd key issue

Fix: This happens because the original key entered was incorrect and the phone line cannot validate the request. Please recheck the original 26 character key entered, you should validate your key (if possible) via the following URL: http://keylookup.fm2009.softanchorinsight.com/

ERROR: Cannot run game:Failed to set up graphics system

Fix: Please download the following update from the Microsoft Direct X SDK: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=5493F76A-6D37-478D-BA17-28B1CCA4865A&displaylang=en

You should also check that you are running the latest graphics driver, you can do this by visiting the computer manufacturer website, or by visiting the graphics card manufacturing website.

You are receiving an Error [-821]

Scenario: Install and activate with activation code on Steam and it works then launch the game, SoftAnchor asking to re-enter activation code.

Fix: You need to delete the certificates and re-activate the game

1) On receiving the error, please uninstall the game

2) Please navigate to the following directory:

XP users: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009 Certificate

Vista users: C:\Program Data\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009 Certificate

3) Please ensure that it is the \certificate directory you are located in

4) Delete all content

5) Reboot the machine

6) Re-run the installation programme and retry activation - ensuring you have 'verified' your key using the following website: http://keylookup.fm2009.softanchorinsight.com/

7) You should now be activated

You are receiving an Error [-1003]

Fix: You are entering the key incorrectly please visit the following URL to correctly identify your key - http://keylookup.fm2009.softanchorinsight.com/

Error: You are receiving the Error ‘Product Key already Active’ message

XP users: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009 Certificate

Vista users: C:\Program Data\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009 Certificate

4) Delete all content

5) Reboot the machine

6) Re-run the installation program and retry activation - ensuring you have 'verified' your key using the following website: http://keylookup.fm2009.softanchorinsight.com/

Error: You are receiving the Error [-51] / [-52] message

4) Delete all content

5) Reboot the machine

6) Re-run the installation program and retry activation - ensuring you have 'verified' your key using the following website: http://keylookup.fm2009.softanchorinsight.com/

Note: If the above does not fix it – please check the following:

• C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data is not set to read only.

• Also check that C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Sports Interactive and C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009 Certificate are not set to read only!

To check if a file or folder is read only, please right click the folder and select ‘Properties’ from the dropdown, you should the see a box at the bottom called Attributes – please ensure this is unticked or does not have a green square inside.

• Another way it could happen is if there is another instance of FM.exe or Activator.exe holding onto our certificate. In this case - the user should check the process list to see if another instance of FM.exe is open. If so - close it first.

To do this you need to open Task Manager (right click TaskBar, or CTRL+ALT+DEL), sort the Image Name column by clicking on it and identifying if Activator.exe or FM.exe are running. If they are highlight and click ‘End Task’

You launch the game via Steam and nothing happens

Please raise a support ticket at the Valve website: https://support.steampowered.com/

When launching the game you receive the following Error: “FM.exe application error. The application has failed to initialize correctly (0xC0150002). Click on OK to stop the application.

Fix: This can be resolved by updating the Microsoft Dot.Net framework, please visit the following URL to download:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=0856EACB-4362-4B0D-8EDD-AAB15C5E04F5&displaylang=en

You receive the ‘Error: Application was unable to connect to the internet. Please check your connection.

Fix:

1) Open IE and go to: https://fm2009.sa01.softanchorinsight.com

2) Here if you are using IE7 it will prompt you – “There is a problem with this website’s security certificate.”

3) Next, Click – “Continue to this website (not recommended)”. However – this is okay, it is safe.

4) Look up top at your IE address bar – you will see “Certificate Error”. Click this box, then click “View Certificates”.

5) Press, “Install Certificate…”

6) Select the “Place all certificates in the following store”.

7) Press “Browse”

8) Select “Trusted Root Certificate Authorities”. Not this will install the Go Daddy (a reputable) certificate into your trusted root certificate authorities if it is not there.

9) Press OK

10) Press Next

11) Press Finish

Close IE, then Reopen it and to go to https://fm2009.sa01.softanchorinsight.com. Note: on this visit, you will be allowed without trouble.

From here –

1) Reopen your FM2009 game

2) Enter your key into the Activation Dialog

3) Select the “Online” activation

4) Press Next

You game should activate immediately.

If you are install the certificate incorrectly, the error message will still be visible – for more help on installing correctly, please visit:

http://www.thebitguru.com/articles/13-Importing%2520a%2520Trusted%2520Root%2520Certification%2520Authority%2520in%2520Windows%2520Vista/188-Installing%2520the%2520Certificate

Please note: You will require your system clock to be set correctly, failure to do so will cause an error with HTTPS. Please therefore ensure your system time and date are set correctly.

I installed through Steam and cannot start the game or create a shortcut, or running without Steam being active

Fix: If installed via Steam, you can find the game executable (exe) at the following location:

C:\Program Files\Steam\Steamapps\Common\Football Manager 2009

If you double click this the game will launch, you can also create a shortcut to this location on your desktop.

I installed through Steam and I can't find my Data Editor Or Resource Archiver.

These are both located in the following directory:

C:\Program Files\Steam\Steamapps\Common\Football Manager 2009\Tools\

I installed through Steam and now I get an annoying block of colour on my screen (bottom right hand corner)

Fix: In steam click the icon "settings", click the tab "in game" and untick the "enable steam community" and voila

You receive an error when trying to install the Patch - digital signature issue (Vista)

Fix:

1. Create a shortcut on the desktop to cmd.exe (if you don’t know how to see guide below)

2. Right-click on the shortcut and select Run as administrator

3. When the command window opens, type or paste the following and press ENTER:

Bcdedit.exe /set nointegritychecks ON

4. Reboot and then try installing the driver.

Quick Guide to Creating a shortcut:

1. Right click on an empty space on the desktop to open the context menu

2. Select New

3. Select Shortcut with a left-click

4. In the location box type cmd /k Bcdedit.exe /set nointegritychecks ON 5. Select Next

6. Name your shortcut and push Finish

You are receiving the error: ‘FM2009 could not run as ‘facegen’ was unable to initialize!’

Fix: Please install the Patch, and ensure your graphics drivers are up to date

You are receiving the error: ‘This application has failed to start because saAuditMD.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem

Fix: Please download the file from here and place in the following folder: C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009

http://downloads.sigames.com/download/saAuditMD.zip

I can't play the game due to an XML parsing error

If you have a shortcut on your desktop you can do the following:

• Right-click on the FM shortcut.
  • Choose "Properties" from the pop-up menu.
  • In the "Target" field, add the --reset_preferences command line option after "fm.exe", so it should look like this:
    "C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009\fm.exe" --reset_preferences
  • Press OK and then try to run the game as normal, using the shortcut.

You'll want to remove the command after you run the game, as otherwise it will continue to reset your preferences every time you launch.

If you don't have a shortcut you can make one and then perform the instructions on the shortcut you've made.

• If you purchased and installed the game through Steam you should be able to find the fm.exe in the following directory:
    C:/Program Files/Steam/SteamApps/Common/Football Manager 2009/
  • If you purchased and installed the game from a boxed DVD copy you should be able to find the fm.exe in the following directory:
    C:/Program Files/Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2009/

Temporary fixes for users having their game freezing

One solution to this is playing the game in Windowed Mode. Instructions on how to setup the game in windowed mode can be found in another thread:

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=64936

Another solution could be to turn off stadiums and shadows.

• Administrators
Neil brock

I'd suggest downloading the patch from a different source and trying again. Are you running Steam by the way, as this auto-patches and you don't need to download anything manually. Thanks

(that was supposed to be a quote but failed)

i have also tryed downloading the torrent patch however the same problem occurs. and also i am not using steam ... do you think by using steam and doing it automatically this problem could be avoided?

I would certainly try it to see if it solves your issue. Remember to fully uninstall your game first.

Installed the game via dvd, played from november to some days ago.. suddenly i had same problem described here.

Reading this forum i cant understand if a solution was found or not..

What should i do?

Thanks in advance.

again about this problem; i tried to uninstall and reinstall, deleting every single file in sports interactive folders (even in "application data" etc) but when i retry i have the same problem.

The game starts without a problem, but when i try to load a game or to create a new one, the message "copy protection failed...the copy protection system was unable to verify your copy of football manager. Please ensure you have a valid DVD in your drive when the game starts" appears.

Obvioulsy i tried to do that with the dvd in my drive, but its absolutely the same.

again about this problem; i tried to uninstall and reinstall, deleting every single file in sports interactive folders (even in "application data" etc) but when i retry i have the same problem.

The game starts without a problem, but when i try to load a game or to create a new one, the message "copy protection failed...the copy protection system was unable to verify your copy of football manager. Please ensure you have a valid DVD in your drive when the game starts" appears.

Obvioulsy i tried to do that with the dvd in my drive, but its absolutely the same.

Last post... i tried to uninstall and reinstall again, and this time it works.

Not sure if it could be important, but before of the "interruption" my firewall was updating, and now it updated again.. maybe some bug resolved?

Computer and software are weird beasts...

You are receiving an Error [-821]

Scenario: Install and activate with activation code on Steam and it works then launch the game, SoftAnchor asking to re-enter activation code.

4) Delete all content

5) Reboot the machine

6) Re-run the installation programme and retry activation - ensuring you have 'verified' your key using the following website: http://keylookup.fm2009.softanchorinsight.com/

I have been playing FM09 since November without any issues until a couple of weeks ago soft anchor continues to pop up and ask for my key, despite me enetering it, it continues to come up with either error 821 or 819.

I went to follow the instructions above but C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009 Certificate does not exist on my computer, infact the is no application data folder at all.

I have tried un-installing the game and re-installing it and trying through steam. When i did try through steam it said it was activated until i went to launch the game and then i had the same problem!

can somebody help me please I am getting increasingly frustrated! my girlfriend has gone away for a month and this was my FM MONTH!!

You guys must have sympathy with that!! :)

Hi i got a problem i cant workout hope you guys can help................here goes I d/l the game through steam then i put my key in with the launcher/activator thing then when i click the shortcut key to start the game nothin happens anyone else have this problem hope u guys could help...

Thanks in advance

i just managed to activate my key but it was still the same nothing happened after clicking the exe.

Hi, I have tried to install fm09 on a new laptop, it's said that it's installed etc but there is no icon on my desktop and I cant run the game. All the files are all in my documents too.

edit: not on steam.

• Administrators
I have been playing FM09 since November without any issues until a couple of weeks ago soft anchor continues to pop up and ask for my key, despite me enetering it, it continues to come up with either error 821 or 819.

I went to follow the instructions above but C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009 Certificate does not exist on my computer, infact the is no application data folder at all.

I have tried un-installing the game and re-installing it and trying through steam. When i did try through steam it said it was activated until i went to launch the game and then i had the same problem!

can somebody help me please I am getting increasingly frustrated! my girlfriend has gone away for a month and this was my FM MONTH!!

You guys must have sympathy with that!! :)

I'd suggest reading this and following the steps listed - http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=65715

Let me know how you get on. Thanks!

• Administrators
neili get the cra dumps error what does this mean i have been trying 2 fiqure this ut for 5 straight days PLEASE HELP ME!!!! on this issue

Have you used the editor at all, or FMM? Do you have any facepacks or logos added to your game? What are you doing when you receive the crash dump, is it exactly the same time in the game?

If you can get this crash to reproduce exactly the same everytime, please upload it to our FTP and let me know - thanks.

hi

ive just purchased fm 2009, and after many probelms getting it to install i am now managing to play it. however the 3d match engine option is greyed out when the match is being played. can anyone help me with this please as the 3d match looks excellent.

thanks

Please post here even if you've posted in another thread and we're yet to help you.

cannot load game after FM 2007 reinstallation, any ideas??

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I had to wipe my comp clean after a virus. I saved my games etc onto my usb and reloaded them into the right folders. it allows me to reload the game but then it says @rule group has empty discipline rules" followed by " DISCIPLINE: Got_NULL_rules_from_booking_count"

Any ideas greatfully received!!

It is loaded on a windows XP systems.

cannot load game after FM 2007 reinstallation, any ideas??

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I had to wipe my comp clean after a virus. I saved my games etc onto my usb and reloaded them into the right folders. it allows me to reload the game but then it says @rule group has empty discipline rules" followed by " DISCIPLINE: Got_NULL_rules_from_booking_count"

Any ideas greatfully received!!

It is loaded on a windows XP systems.

You receive the ‘Error: Application was unable to connect to the internet. Please check your connection.’

Fix:

2) Here if you are using IE7 it will prompt you – “There is a problem with this website’s security certificate.”

3) Next, Click – “Continue to this website (not recommended)”. However – this is okay, it is safe.

4) Look up top at your IE address bar – you will see “Certificate Error”. Click this box, then click “View Certificates”.

7) Press “Browse”

8) Select “Trusted Root Certificate Authorities”. Not this will install the Go Daddy (a reputable) certificate into your trusted root certificate authorities if it is not there.

9) Press OK

10) Press Next

11) Press Finish

Close IE, then Reopen it and to go to https://fm2009.sa01.softanchorinsight.com. Note: on this visit, you will be allowed without trouble.

This is my problem however when i click on the site it doesnt say or do anything about steps 2,3,4 and i have no error or certificate error messages i think this is because i use IE8 and not IE7 so if i click on the padlock sign and click on Install Certificate and put into the Trusted Root Certificate Authorites and click OK,Next and finish and Close It Down and then i type the activation code in again and it still doesnt work, it worked on my old computer which broke and now i have a new one with a new harddrive and motherboard am i doing something wrong or is there another way to solve this

thanks

After installing the game can not run the file fm.exe, I do not know what the problem is, a couple of times I have installed this game and there were no problems before.

1btycjy3ulcvr12mdg68.jpg

I tried with all versions of the game (900, 910, 920, 930) and always the same thing.

Sorry for bad English, I use translate.google.

Today i've recieved a crash dumps error 3 times...i'm plying in the Ukranian league and it happened twice in this Save game and once in my Burnley game....it happened in the middle of a match twice and the other one don't remeber:(...and then i get the windows error report and game closes....i thought this was fixed in 9.2...i'm currently using patch 9.3 and my OS is Windows XP....yesterday i got it 2 times and then i got irritated and stopped playing....so today i started a new game hoping it wouldn't happen but...plzzzz help

• Administrators
Today i've recieved a crash dumps error 3 times...i'm plying in the Ukranian league and it happened twice in this Save game and once in my Burnley game....it happened in the middle of a match twice and the other one don't remeber:(...and then i get the windows error report and game closes....i thought this was fixed in 9.2...i'm currently using patch 9.3 and my OS is Windows XP....yesterday i got it 2 times and then i got irritated and stopped playing....so today i started a new game hoping it wouldn't happen but...plzzzz help

Are you running with a custom database? Do you have any added logos/facepacks etc in your game? Let me know, thanks.

• Administrators

Sorry I missed this first time round, you need to run the fix listed here: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=65715

You receive the ‘Error: Application was unable to connect to the internet. Please check your connection.’

Fix:

7) Press “Browse”

9) Press OK

10) Press Next

11) Press Finish

This is my problem however when i click on the site it doesnt say or do anything about steps 2,3,4 and i have no error or certificate error messages i think this is because i use IE8 and not IE7 so if i click on the padlock sign and click on Install Certificate and put into the Trusted Root Certificate Authorites and click OK,Next and finish and Close It Down and then i type the activation code in again and it still doesnt work, it worked on my old computer which broke and now i have a new one with a new harddrive and motherboard am i doing something wrong or is there another way to solve this

thanks

Archived