Known issues and solutions - FAQ

Have you downloaded and installed the 9.3 patch? If you haven't I suggest doing so from a link found in this thread - http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=106355

How much Ram does your machine have? This may also have something to do with it, let us know. Thanks.

Thanks for your reply. Luckily my co-worker fixed the problem by switching my setup from XP to Vista and it now works. Unfortunately it's in Korean and I can't read that particular language, but I suppose I'll just have to learn...

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello Community,

I have a problem with fm 09 since the installation ...

I installed it via Uniloc and used the online activation.

Then I updated it on v9.3 and launched the game, but nothing happened.

After 2 - 5 minutes it finally started.

Is this a football manager 09 problem or one with my pc, because i have it every "start" of fm.

Plz help me

ty

You are receiving the error: ‘This application has failed to start because saAuditMD.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem

Fix: Please download the file from here and place in the following folder: C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009

http://downloads.sigames.com/download/saAuditMD.zip

[/font]

Ive just gotten a new laptop after my old one broke, tried installing the game on my new one and im getting this error. Ive tried the suggestion here and, when I try to extract the saAuditMD.zip to the Football Manager folder i get an error which says

can not open output file c:/Programs.../../..saAuditMD.dll

Any suggestions? Ive tried installing the newest patch, updating directx and uninstalling and then reinstalling the game itself (including deleting everything in the cache and registry).

Any suggestions? Its annoying as Ive been playing the game no problems since it came out.

Ok,

I've got a question. I'm approaching my exam period so I want to unistall Football manager to get rid of it's distractions.

I will Install the game again afterwards.

When I Uninstal it, if I save everything in the 'Sports Interactive' folder in my documents.

Will I still be able to play the same game save as it was before I unistalled everything?

Is there a limit to the amount of installations you can make? And on how many different computers?

Cheers :)

Ok,

I've got a question. I'm approaching my exam period so I want to unistall Football manager to get rid of it's distractions.

I will Install the game again afterwards.

When I Uninstal it, if I save everything in the 'Sports Interactive' folder in my documents.

Will I still be able to play the same game save as it was before I unistalled everything?

Is there a limit to the amount of installations you can make? And on how many different computers?

Cheers :)

you just leave the sports interactive folder where it is and just reinstall the game when you are ready to play it again

I have tried installing the game offline and it fails (asking me to go online each time) I have downloaded the activator from the link above but when i unpack it, the small activator document does not come appear. Is there any other way of doing this?

• Administrators

Onions, can you be a bit clearer with exactly what is happening and I'll try and help. When you say 'Small Activator Document' what exactly do you mean? Talk me through your process and hopefully we'll be able to sort this for you. Thanks.

under this section;

When I try to activate, it says I'm not connected to the internet / other activation problems

We have created a small activator script that should help anybody having trouble activating the game online.

Step 1 – Download the activator from http://www.footballmanager.com/fixv2.zip

Step 2 – Unzip the contents of the activator to your desktop.

Step 3 – Double click the activate.vbs file. Note the screen shot below.

(Sorry it wont let me quote it for some reason, its from the 1st post)

Just below that in the screenshot there is 3 items, the item activate.vbs didn't seem to appear when i downloaded the activator from that website, so wondering if there is any other way of installing it offline. :)

Install the 9.3 patch which can be found via links in this thread - http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=106355

Let us know how you get on, thanks.

i have the 9.3 patch installed and had to cancel my online game as i got to a certain date and when i try to get off that ate all i get is crash dump after crash dump i did post in another thread and got told to upload the save file to your FTP but cant figure out how to do it

• Administrators
under this section;

When I try to activate, it says I'm not connected to the internet / other activation problems

We have created a small activator script that should help anybody having trouble activating the game online.

Step 1 – Download the activator from http://www.footballmanager.com/fixv2.zip

Step 2 – Unzip the contents of the activator to your desktop.

Step 3 – Double click the activate.vbs file. Note the screen shot below.

(Sorry it wont let me quote it for some reason, its from the 1st post)

Just below that in the screenshot there is 3 items, the item activate.vbs didn't seem to appear when i downloaded the activator from that website, so wondering if there is any other way of installing it offline. :)

Double click the 'Launcher' after you've extracted it from the FM09Fix, what happens then? Let me know.

• Administrators
i have the 9.3 patch installed and had to cancel my online game as i got to a certain date and when i try to get off that ate all i get is crash dump after crash dump i did post in another thread and got told to upload the save file to your FTP but cant figure out how to do it

Have you looked at this thread and attempted to follow the instructions? - http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=54927

Double click the 'Launcher' after you've extracted it from the FM09Fix, what happens then? Let me know.

It says "contact you application publisher for instructions about obtaining the appropriate version of the NET framework"

• Administrators
I checked it there too mate and said it was also invalid, there isnt any 1's or I in the code so im not getting it mixed up and we have double check it now a few times.

Do you have a digital camera or any way of taking a photo of the back of your manual? If so I'd suggest doing so and sending me the picture via a PM. However probably the best thing to do is contact Sega Support - they deal with code and activation issues.

You'll need to go to their website, log in (using the Sega Pass you use to log into these forums) and then 'create a ticket' - what this is is basically just stating you have an issue which they'll then get back to you on.

You can access their support via this link - http://help.sega.com/?group=englishuk&t=EnglishUK

However you won't be able to create a ticket until you log in. Let me know how you get on, thanks.

the game file is called RDXcougar8173FMcallenge_game1 was meant to be fmchallenge but missed a h out

uploaded complete

there is a file called RDXcougar8173FMcallenge_game it was uploading and then got cancelled so if you can delete it please

Oh dear what is going on my game asked for the key again so i have had to uninstall and re-install results will be up later this is my 8th install or summit since getting the game grrr

so far i have installed the game going to update it and see how it goes more info soon

activated now for the updates.

Updated and working so far

hi all, I was playing FM yesterday, but today when i decide to run it this thing go to my desktop

"not well-formed (invalid token) at line 1 of chanell-FACEGEN_CHANNEL .xml "

Can someone help me pleaseeee..

P.S. Sorry for my bad english

• Administrators
hi all, I was playing FM yesterday, but today when i decide to run it this thing go to my desktop

"not well-formed (invalid token) at line 1 of chanell-FACEGEN_CHANNEL .xml "

Can someone help me pleaseeee..

P.S. Sorry for my bad english

Delete the following folder:

XP: C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Application Data\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009\settings

Vista: C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009\settings

This may solve some issues regarding the XML Errors

my problem is the 3D option would not appear on the game, so i installed FIFA Manager 09 Patch 3. which made the 3d option appear the problem is the game load when playing a match but i get no picture but i do get sound of the commentry of the game. does anyone no the solution to the problem, thanks

• Administrators

I assume you mean the Football Manager patch else you're in completely the wrong place! To have the sounds on you need to go to your 'preferences' and under 'sound and display' make sure the sounds are ticked. Let us know, thanks.

I assume you mean the Football Manager patch else you're in completely the wrong place! To have the sounds on you need to go to your 'preferences' and under 'sound and display' make sure the sounds are ticked. Let us know, thanks.

from what jaybee123 have said it looks like jaybee123 can hear the sound of the match but not see the game in 3d.

@ jaybee123

What graphics card do you have and do you have the latest directx and updated graphics driver/software?

• Administrators

Sorry yeah you are correct, misunderstood what he said. As Mufckingud7 asked, what graphics card are you running? Some systems are not capable of running the 3D match engine and will therefore automatically revert to 2D. Yet because it's trying with your system it will perhaps be able to run it with a graphics card update:

How to Update your Graphics Drivers

This depends on your graphics drivers.

Some Computer manufacturers insist you download drivers from their own sites. Please refer to the website of your computer manufacturer before reporting issues with graphics drivers.

Here are the websites of the largest graphics cards and chipset manufacturers:

Nvidia (Gforce/Legacy)

http://www.nvidia.co.uk/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-uk

ATI (Radeon)

http://ati.amd.com/support/driver.html

Intel (Onboard Chipsets)

http://downloadcenter.intel.com/

There are other manufacturers of graphics card drivers. If you can not find drivers for these cards they may have been discontinued. Please ask in this case as we may still be able to help.

Hi all,

I'm an assistant researcher so my copy is one sent by you guys.

In December my computer died because of a very nasty virus and for various reasons, it's only been back up and running properly for the past couple of months, only problem is, my FM09 wont work.

I've installed the game without steam as I like to update stuff myself and it seemed to be fine with the code key sorted etc. Then I autolaunched the game but got the "fm.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close, we are sorry for any inconvenience" error message. I've tried to double click the FM09 icon on my desktop and got the same thing.

I've re-installed it time and time again but it's not worked. I get the same message.

I've installed FM07 to see if that would work and it did without any problems.

I've installed the Strawberry FM09 demo and that's worked without any problems either so I can't understand why my full game won't work.

I could really do with it back as I use it for my research.

Anybody any ideas?

Thanks in advance

• Administrators

I would suggest deleting all traces of FM from your machine (except any save games found in My Documents). This means removing all the files from your app data as described below:

First of all you need to turn on hidden files and folders. Go to My Computer and at the top select 'Tools' the 'Folder Options'. The go to the 'View' tab and select 'Show hidden files and folders'

Windows XP:

1. Open “My Computer”

2. Navigate to : “Documents and Settings\<Username>\Application Data\

3. Go into the “Sports Interactive” Folder.

4. Delete the “Football Manager 2009” Folder.

Wndows Vista:

1. Click “Start”

2. Click your username on the start Menu

3. Click on “AppData” and then “Roaming”

4. Go into the “Sports Interactive” Folder

5. Delete the “Football Manager 2009” Folder.

Do this and then attempt a new re-install. Let us know how you get on, thanks.

hi im getting fm.exe or directory fm has become corrupt please run chkdsk also my save games wont load and when i try to start a new game it crashes im using patch 9.03 i have ran chkdsk and it found nothing and im still haveing the same problem is there anything i can do it has only just satrted to do this

I was wondering if anyone could help me out regarding a problem with a network game.

A while back it was working fine using the 9.3 patch. However, I tried getting a game today, and it wasn't working. My friends were able to access the game. However, as shown in the picture, the button for adding manager has disappeared!

2j16fjd.jpg

I don't think it is a router problem because if that was the case I don't reckon they would be able to access game at all. i firstly tried reloading the game a few times, but this didn't work either.

I have since deleted the game and completely reinstalled. However, the same error is occurring. I am out of ideas. Anyone seen this before?

I was wondering if anyone could help me out regarding a problem with a network game.

A while back it was working fine using the 9.3 patch. However, I tried getting a game today, and it wasn't working. My friends were able to access the game. However, as shown in the picture, the button for adding manager has disappeared!

2j16fjd.jpg

I don't think it is a router problem because if that was the case I don't reckon they would be able to access game at all. i firstly tried reloading the game a few times, but this didn't work either.

I have since deleted the game and completely reinstalled. However, the same error is occurring. I am out of ideas. Anyone seen this before?

add me to MSN i might be able to help you

Hi guys - I've suddenly started getting a message telling me that saved games can't be loaded despite it working without hitches 24 hours ago.

When I initially started the game today I had a huge number of jargon error messages come up if it's any help.

I have been playing FM 2009 with no problems since it was released but now I get an error message as shown. I have tried completely uninstalling and reinstalling, I have tried downloading the patch, also down loading and replacing the saauditmd.dll file and have updated my graphics card drivers and directx. All to no avail. I get the message if launched through steam or on it's own. Does anyone know how to solve this, any help would be much appreciated

error_message.jpg

For some reason my new game(s) on the new 9.3 patch seem to mess with my computer, its really weird.

When the date turns to 24th of April 2009, the game and my computer just automatically shuts-down.... is this a known problem or am I the only one.

(I have tried started games with the 9.2 option at the start but the do fail at the same moment as the 9,3)

cheers

Paul

Hey,

Im Not Too Smart on Laptops so my question may be abit obvious to you.

But how do i get to..

C:\Program Data\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009 Certificate

Thanks.

Kale

Hey,

Im Not Too Smart on Laptops so my question may be abit obvious to you.

But how do i get to..

C:\Program Data\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009 Certificate

Thanks.

Kale

You click on my computer (usually a icon on your main screen), then click on your C drive, then program data, then sports interactive, then football manager 2009 certificate

Hope that helps for whatever reason you want that path

You click on my computer (usually a icon on your main screen), then click on your C drive, then program data, then sports interactive, then football manager 2009 certificate

Hope that helps for whatever reason you want that path

Hi, thanks for reply,

Weres C Drive?

This is getting me so stressed its untrue.

if anyone can help me please i would regard you as legend! haha.

Right....

I got FM09 when it first came out, played it regulary and had no problems at all until yesterday.

I went to steam, launched game and soft anchor came up asking for my product key, so i found it and entered like asked. It then said " unable to process your unlock request. To receive a new key, Please visit: http://www.sigames.com .

Error : [-821] "

So i Tried again a few more times then eventualy looked on forums and followed some steps for fixing the erorr -821. It said to delete the football manager certificate. But when i found were it was supposed to be it wasnt there so im just wondered what the hell im supposed to do!?

PLEASE HELP

kale

Hello guys,

I always got an runtime error R6002 whenver i run the game.

Runtime Error!

R6002

- floating point support not loaded

I installed Microsoft DirectX SDK + downloaded latest graphic driver.

Anyone can help me?

Edit: after reinstall the game , i can run the game but when i start Data Editor, the runtime error issue will occur from then

Thx

When i try to load the game, i am instantly prompted with the message:

'Football Manager 2009 has stopped working

A problem caused the program to stop working correctly.

Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available.'

This message comes up immediately, as a window displaying FM doesn't appear.

Before this message, Football Manager 2009 worked fine, and i am still waiting for Windows to notify me!

Any ideas?

In the Install log this is the error that came up:

com.sigames.InstallAnywhere.WindowsGameExplorer

Additional Notes: ERROR - class com.sigames.InstallAnywhere.WindowsGameExplorer NonfatalInstallException AddGameExplorerTasks() failed: Failed to retrieve GUID for application

Cheers, cM.

Archived