Known issues and solutions - FAQ

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrators
I got the latest patch. I have a Mac I use tiger it works fine when i take off 3D and it got to Jan 1st and it says i need to put in an activation code. However, i installed the game for my mac and wrote in the code in the manual and it isnt working! Any suggestions?:(

P.S. when i put in my activation code it says INCORRECT LENGTH? I've also used the keychecker site

thanks

Is there any way of you taking a photo of the code listed on the back of your manual and sending it to me via PM? This way I can take a look and try and identify the problem for you. Let me know, thanks.

has ANYONE , EVER had a reply from 'MUZCHAP' ???? so far I've been sent 3 private messages ...and, in 4 months ... not a damn thing back ... and still my FM2009 disc sits there about as effective as a cabbage ...never again will I buy this game :mad::thdn::mad:

My FM 2009 game is now about as effective as a cabbage. It will not run. I cannot get past the Steam Activation thing ...which I did months ago ...and now it acts as if I had never used it before !

I am getting Error code: -1073741811. The game was working perfectly well ...but I haven't used it for maybe 4 months . Now, when I come back ...I get this ... this STEAM thing is absolutely the worst thing FM have ever done . I will seriously consider whether I will ever buy future versions of this game.

How can I resolve this ridiculous problem ... why can't I just run it from the disc as I always have before ...downloading updates as and when I choose too ?????

I have a 64-bit machine ...running Vista ...but I cannot think that this is the problem ...since ...from September through to around mid-November I was playing the game almost every day without a problem.

Having been surprised to have been asked yet again for my Activation Code. Having then checked it on the SI site and then downloaded the 'problem solving' zip file ..I find I am STILL unable to run this game ...( as I had done), without problems, after again following ludicrously complicated and singularly inefficient processes at the outset.

I now get the message "Activator.exe " has stopped working !!

Dreadful ! Especially as it was working perfectly well when I last used it ...what a mess ...any thoughts ???

• Administrators
My FM 2009 game is now about as effective as a cabbage. It will not run. I cannot get past the Steam Activation thing ...which I did months ago ...and now it acts as if I had never used it before !

I am getting Error code: -1073741811. The game was working perfectly well ...but I haven't used it for maybe 4 months . Now, when I come back ...I get this ... this STEAM thing is absolutely the worst thing FM have ever done . I will seriously consider whether I will ever buy future versions of this game.

How can I resolve this ridiculous problem ... why can't I just run it from the disc as I always have before ...downloading updates as and when I choose too ?????

I have a 64-bit machine ...running Vista ...but I cannot think that this is the problem ...since ...from September through to around mid-November I was playing the game almost every day without a problem.

Having been surprised to have been asked yet again for my Activation Code. Having then checked it on the SI site and then downloaded the 'problem solving' zip file ..I find I am STILL unable to run this game ...( as I had done), without problems, after again following ludicrously complicated and singularly inefficient processes at the outset.

I now get the message "Activator.exe " has stopped working !!

Dreadful ! Especially as it was working perfectly well when I last used it ...what a mess ...any thoughts ???

I would suggest deleting the following folder then trying to re-activate using your code:

First of all you need to turn on hidden files and folders. Go to My Computer and at the top select 'Tools' the 'Folder Options'. The go to the 'View' tab and select 'Show hidden files and folders'

Wndows Vista:

1. Click “Start”

2. Click your username on the start Menu

3. Click on “AppData” and then “Roaming”

4. Go into the “Sports Interactive” Folder

5. Delete the Football Manager 2009 and Football Manager 2009 Certificate folders

Let me know how you get on, thanks.

Thanks for the suggestion ...first one I've had in months ... well, I deleted the files as you said ...and ran the game - newly downloaded, from Steam...it came up saying 'Performing first time set-up , Installing activator.exe ...Stage 1 of 1" ...and then failed ... giving this error message" activator failed to load ... :-

Problem Event Name: BEX

Application Name: activator.exe

Application Version: 1.0.0.23489

Application Timestamp: 48fee96d

Fault Module Name: activator.exe

Fault Module Version: 1.0.0.23489

Fault Module Timestamp: 48fee96d

Exception Offset: 00017ce9

Exception Code: c000000d

Exception Data: 00000000

OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.768.3

Locale ID: 2057

Additional Information 1: 5beb

Additional Information 2: e5799d2b89ce768c09f841716fbcfbce

Additional Information 3: 7b1e

Additional Information 4: 874cee20a531936ee48f23da946e7716

Read our privacy statement:

http://go.microsoft.com

Despite this , the 'SoftAnchor page then opened asking me to put in my Product Key ... which I did ... it went through 'Initializing' ...and then 'Authorizing Activation' ...and then stopped giving this message :-

Problem signature:

Application Name: fm.exe

Application Version: 9.3.0.36289

Application Timestamp: 49a49dac

Fault Module Name: fm.exe

Fault Module Version: 9.3.0.36289

Fault Module Timestamp: 49a49dac

Exception Offset: 00f55b1c

Additional Information 1: a1c6

Additional Information 2: 481da21a7a0013167df884268e77557e

Additional Information 3: 0dfc

Additional Information 4: 14cfdb75000e4edfb86f999d6fc2c2a7

any thoughts on where I might go from here ?? ( Thanks for your suggestions so far ...at least I feel as if I just might find a solution now ...the annoying thing is that the game worked perfectly well from September through to ...maybe ...January ...and , after a break I cannot re-start it ...

• Administrators

I would suggest uninstalling all of Steam and Football Manager from your system (including re-deleting the folder I mentioned earlier if it has re-appeared). Before doing so I would back-up your activation code (just copy and paste it into a wordpad file unless you have the boxed version), then re-download Steam direct from the Steam website. I apologise that this might take a while (depending on your connection speed) but I feel that because something is reading as though it is corrupt, this would be the best way to go.

Let me know how you get on. Thanks.

Thanks for the suggestion ...first one I've had in months ... well, I deleted the files as you said ...and ran the game - newly downloaded, from Steam...it came up saying 'Performing first time set-up , Installing activator.exe ...Stage 1 of 1" ...and then failed ... giving this error message" activator failed to load ... :-

same problem that ive been having, posted serval times now, they said they would look into a couple of weeks ago, however still no reply. Seems to big a problem with many people, and its time S.I sort it out as we paid for this game so expect to be able to play it.

I'll do it ..I have certainly removed ...and then re-loaded ... both Steam and FM several times already ...both from the boxed version and direct from Steam ... ( but haven't previously checked that the folders in Steam Apps have gone as well ...I'll let you know the outcome ...thanks again for your suggestions. Should I delete the files that appear in Documents /Sports Interective as well ??

Hi ..I've done everything you suggested ... including NOT deleting those files in 'My Documents' ... after deleting FM 2009 and Steam via " Add/Remove Programmes" also deleted those files in Steam Apps. Loaded up again from the boxed disc. First 'install anywhere' ... then followed 'Install via steam' ...'updating Steam' 'log into exisiting Steam Account ' ...dowloaded game from the disc ... updated via Steam...then got to 'Launch Game' ...in Steam ... did exactly the same as before ...at the Installing :Activator.exe .. failed ...giving this message :-

Problem signature:

then, despite that ...the SoftAnchor' page came up ...and I correctly entered the Product Key ... it again went through ' Initializing', 'Sending Activation Request' and ..on the Authorizing Activation page it stopped ...giving this message , again ...:-

Problem signature:

so ..after all that ..I seem to be no nearer ...what now ?? :o

I'll do it ..I have certainly removed ...and then re-loaded ... both Steam and FM several times already ...both from the boxed version and direct from Steam ... ( but haven't previously checked that the folders in Steam Apps have gone as well ...I'll let you know the outcome ...thanks again for your suggestions. Should I delete the files that appear in Documents /Sports Interective as well ??

Personally i would try the following:

Remove Steam and FM09

Remove Certificates folder and any others apart from the folder in my documents.

Reboot pc

Install FM09 not via steam and try that way.

I am using Vista Home Premium 64bit i had 1 problem before but not its all fine i don't use steam

I have read some problems similar but with other applications and some have pointed too Graphics and sound drivers also other can point to direct x make sure that is all up to date.

Hi ..I've done everything you suggested ... including NOT deleting those files in 'My Documents' ... after deleting FM 2009 and Steam via " Add/Remove Programmes" also deleted those files in Steam Apps. Loaded up again from the boxed disc. First 'install anywhere' ... then followed 'Install via steam' ...'updating Steam' 'log into exisiting Steam Account ' ...dowloaded game from the disc ... updated via Steam...then got to 'Launch Game' ...in Steam ... did exactly the same as before ...at the Installing :Activator.exe .. failed ...giving this message :-

Problem signature:

then, despite that ...the SoftAnchor' page came up ...and I correctly entered the Product Key ... it again went through ' Initializing', 'Sending Activation Request' and ..on the Authorizing Activation page it stopped ...giving this message , again ...:-

Problem signature:

so ..after all that ..I seem to be no nearer ...what now ?? :o

give up! I had exactly the same problem and still have, I bought fifa manager 2009 its not as good but its an absolute pleasure being able to play a game without any problems

Personally i would try the following:

Remove Steam and FM09 - Did it

Remove Certificates folder and any others apart from the folder in my documents.- Did it

Reboot pc- Did it

Install FM09 not via steam and try that way.

I am using Vista Home Premium 64bit i had 1 problem before but not its all fine i don't use steam

I have read some problems similar but with other applications and some have pointed too Graphics and sound drivers also other can point to direct x make sure that is all up to date.

But once I've installed it 'not via Steam' ...how do I then run it avoiding 'Steam' ?? (This game was ruuning fine , using steam( believe it or not ! ) from September to November ...but then I have been abroad ...abd came back in Fenruary to find it simply would not start ...and it still hasn't ! ... ) . Thanks for your suggestion .I need all the help I can get ! :(

give up! I had exactly the same problem and still have, I bought fifa manager 2009 its not as good but its an absolute pleasure being able to play a game without any problems

You know, DHOP ...I'm beginning to think it's my only option ...Steam has been the downfall of FM ... it's a disaster !!!

same problem that ive been having, posted serval times now, they said they would look into a couple of weeks ago, however still no reply. Seems to big a problem with many people, and its time S.I sort it out as we paid for this game so expect to be able to play it.

I think I'm with you on that one Millsey ...a mass refund would seem to be the only honouirable solution for SportsInteractive/Steam ...this product ( in my case ) is not 'fit for purpose '

Here's my system reqs

Model Name: PowerBook G4 15"

Model Identifier: PowerBook5,6

Processor Name: PowerPC G4 (1.2)

Processor Speed: 1.67 GHz

Number Of CPUs: 1

L2 Cache (per CPU): 512 KB

Memory: 1 GB

Bus Speed: 167 MHz

Boot ROM Version: 4.9.1f1

Serial Number: W852128MSQ7

Sudden Motion Sensor:

State: Enabled

Version: 1.0

the damn game i installed and reinstalled it 4 times PLUS did the cache deletion thing each time, The game wont even load. WOnt even get to the loading screen. Just closes everytime due to unknown error.

Cant download patch 9.3 cuz on rapidshare it says i already downloaded too much because i got 9.3 esellerate by accident and that thing actually expects me to shell out 29.99$ for a goddamn PATCH.

Is there a reason why football manager 2009 doesnt even load and will i ever be able to download the 9.3 patch from rapidshare again without having to buy a rapidshare acccount?

Also how do i uninstall the 9.3 patch with ESELLERATE

But once I've installed it 'not via Steam' ...how do I then run it avoiding 'Steam' ?? (This game was ruuning fine , using steam( believe it or not ! ) from September to November ...but then I have been abroad ...abd came back in Fenruary to find it simply would not start ...and it still hasn't ! ... ) . Thanks for your suggestion .I need all the help I can get ! :(

there is 2 options to install the game with try using UNILOC to install the game with and then all you need to do is download the 9.3 patch and hopefully this should work

there is 2 options to install the game with try using UNILOC to install the game with and then all you need to do is download the 9.3 patch and hopefully this should work

thanks ...I'll try the Uniloc option ...it can't be worse !! :confused:....( can it ) ???

thanks ...I'll try the Uniloc option ...it can't be worse !! :confused:....( can it ) ???

just when the game has installed all you do is load the game up or choose the option to load and it will come up with the activation part and key in the code and it will then connect to the net and activate once this is done it will load the game up all you then need to do is download the patches or patch depending on if you would like to play the game saves that you may have.

If you started a game using the 9.1 patch you must install this patch before the 9.3 to play the game save as it will install the database for the save to load. and same with 9.2. but make sure you update to the latest patch as it is better.

keep us informed on how you do.

you can try the same option using UNILOC if you have the boxed version it may work for you

Here's my system reqs

Sudden Motion Sensor:

the damn game i installed and reinstalled it 4 times PLUS did the cache deletion thing each time, The game wont even load. WOnt even get to the loading screen. Just closes everytime due to unknown error.

Cant download patch 9.3 cuz on rapidshare it says i already downloaded too much because i got 9.3 esellerate by accident and that thing actually expects me to shell out 29.99$ for a goddamn PATCH.

Is there a reason why football manager 2009 doesnt even load and will i ever be able to download the 9.3 patch from rapidshare again without having to buy a rapidshare acccount?

is the graphics and directx up to date

just when the game has installed all you do is load the game up or choose the option to load and it will come up with the activation part and key in the code and it will then connect to the net and activate once this is done it will load the game up all you then need to do is download the patches or patch depending on if you would like to play the game saves that you may have.

If you started a game using the 9.1 patch you must install this patch before the 9.3 to play the game save as it will install the database for the save to load. and same with 9.2. but make sure you update to the latest patch as it is better.

keep us informed on how you do.

I'm trying it now ..I'll let you know ...thanks for all the suggestions and support :)

hi can you help, when ever i try to install fm 2009, its says it has been installed but with errors. can play the game if it starts straight after i install it, but cannot re load it after,as it does not create a short cut and cannot load from si file.

having uninstalled and re insalled, i can now get the game installed with no errors. but it does not appear to save to desk top or anywhere else on system, any suggestions ?

has it worked? or are you still having problems

still having problems ... managed to load it from the disc without going through steam ... got the downloads and added them in the right sequence ... then tried to start the game ... still went to the SpftAnchor page ... entered my 'Product Key ' ...it IS the right one ... and still stopped at the 'Activation Authorised ' bit ... without explanation ...offering me only this ( below) ...as a reason :-

Problem signature:

http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=50163&clcid=0x0409

Previously when I used the SI downlaod to fix activation, ( through Steam ) .. I got the following message : Error code: -1073741811

so ...it seems that whetever I do ... it doesn't work ... I would say that it was something to do with the PC ...except that ...from buying the game in September ...through to around Christmas ..it worked perfectly well on my machine ... weird !

I'm losing heart ... all this activation stuff has messed up what was a perfectly workable system ...I understand it was to prevent 'piracy' ...but it has caused so much ill-will towards SI and Steam ...that probably even more future revenue has been lost than if they had left the system as it was !!! :(:mad::rolleyes:

still having problems ... managed to load it from the disc without going through steam ... got the downloads and added them in the right sequence ... then tried to start the game ... still went to the SpftAnchor page ... entered my 'Product Key ' ...it IS the right one ... and still stopped at the 'Activation Authorised ' bit ... without explanation ...offering me only this ( below) ...as a reason :-

Problem signature:

http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=50163&clcid=0x0409

Previously when I used the SI downlaod to fix activation, ( through Steam ) .. I got the following message : Error code: -1073741811

so ...it seems that whetever I do ... it doesn't work ... I would say that it was something to do with the PC ...except that ...from buying the game in September ...through to around Christmas ..it worked perfectly well on my machine ... weird !

I'm losing heart ... all this activation stuff has messed up what was a perfectly workable system ...I understand it was to prevent 'piracy' ...but it has caused so much ill-will towards SI and Steam ...that probably even more future revenue has been lost than if they had left the system as it was !!! :(:mad::rolleyes:

this is really trying to annoy me, as they have told me to do the same as they told you sweeks ago, and it didnt work, and i told them. Lots of people are having this problem so why arent they finding a solution, or if they are trying, let us know so we know what is happening. it cant be are computers as it has worked perectly for months before.

any body got any ideas who else could help with this?

just tried deleting everything again, this being like th 5th time, however i am pleased to say it seems to be working atm.

maybe you need to keep trying.

glad you have it working if you can say what steps you have been doing and have you tried to install anything else?

glad you have it working if you can say what steps you have been doing and have you tried to install anything else?

i keeped deleting those hidden files in the roaming folder, as the si man said to do earlyer and deleting steam and football manager, did work first couple of times but now seems to. good luck.

• Administrators
Here's my system reqs

Sudden Motion Sensor:

Power PC processor unfortunately is not supported by FM2009, so without a different system you will not be able to play the game. It's got nothing to do with the game or the patch, it's just your system is not powerful enough, sorry :(

Right I'm a bit confused, I've read the forum briefly scanning and it seems I'm not the only one with this issue.

I was playing FM09 on sat, I've been away for a few days on business so nothing has changed on my PC and now it's asking me to activate again....and I cannot seem to get the activater to connect? Any ideas? And why is it doing this now...5 months after I first activated it?

Please post here even if you've posted in another thread and we're yet to help you.

recently brought fm09 it installed fine, checked the install log.ive down loaded the latest drivers for my grapics card, and patch 9.3.0 and as i try and start the game it drops out with 'fm.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close' ! my pc meets the required spec. i'm runnning dual core 3ghz pentium 1g ram and ati radeon x550.why will it not run????

help!!

cheers tony

recently brought fm09 it installed fine, checked the install log.ive down loaded the latest drivers for my grapics card, and patch 9.3.0 and as i try and start the game it drops out with 'fm.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close' ! my pc meets the required spec. i'm runnning dual core 3ghz pentium 1g ram and ati radeon x550.why will it not run????

help!!

cheers tony

Any more details on the error or is that all you can see

Any more details on the error or is that all you can see

this is the error report (part of!)

app ver:9.3.0.36289

modname:crypt32.dll

mod ver:5.131.2600.512

offset:0042a7d

in the technical info the error code(?) is 0xc0000005

cheers

oh ive tried installing with uniloc and steam, same problem?!

this is the error report (part of!)

app ver:9.3.0.36289

modname:crypt32.dll

mod ver:5.131.2600.512

offset:0042a7d

in the technical info the error code(?) is 0xc0000005

cheers

oh ive tried installing with uniloc and steam, same problem?!

I know your running windows is it vista or xp?

Edit: i'm guessing it is XP SP3

If so there is 2 options i can think off

I know your running windows is it vista or xp?

Edit: i'm guessing it is XP SP3

If so there is 2 options i can think off

hehe sorry xp sp3, ive only just got internet i got the game at christmas n i was on sp 1 n i still had the problem???

hehe sorry xp sp3, ive only just got internet i got the game at christmas n i was on sp 1 n i still had the problem???

Right i was about to say re-install the sp3 but you said it was the same in sp1. here is the only option i can think of and its moving the crypt32.dll file from System32 and replacing it with the one from here http://www.dll-files.com/dllindex/dll-files.shtml?crypt32 then you would need to reboot pc and try again. make sure you don't delete the original file but move or copy it. until you find the game works. if the file is not able to copy then you may need to do this in safe mode and or use DOS commands

Right i was about to say re-install the sp3 but you said it was the same in sp1. here is the only option i can think of and its moving the crypt32.dll file from System32 and replacing it with the one from here http://www.dll-files.com/dllindex/dll-files.shtml?crypt32 then you would need to reboot pc and try again. make sure you don't delete the original file but move or copy it. until you find the game works. if the file is not able to copy then you may need to do this in safe mode and or use DOS commands

righty, where do i find that??bit of a novice you see,

its not gonna screw the pc is it?

righty, where do i find that??bit of a novice you see,

its not gonna screw the pc is it?

there is another option that is using the xp disc and doing the xp repair to make sure the files are not damaged

also have you disabled any services?

Cryptographic Services set to automatic

Edit this is a possible cause not having the latest Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 and youwould also needMicrosoft .NET Framework 2.0

You may need to do this:Try running sfc /scannow from a command prompt.

Go to Start > Programs > Accessories and click on Command Prompt. In that screen type

sfc /scannow

and hit Enter.

there is another option that is using the xp disc and doing the xp repair to make sure the files are not damaged

also have you disabled any services?

Cryptographic Services set to automatic

Edit this is a possible cause not having the latest Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 and youwould also needMicrosoft .NET Framework 2.0

You may need to do this:Try running sfc /scannow from a command prompt.

Go to Start > Programs > Accessories and click on Command Prompt. In that screen type

sfc /scannow

and hit Enter.

itssaying ineed 2 insert sp3 disc nowofwhich i dont have!and didnt get 1 when i got the pc

I'm not sure with that then sorry but

Do you have the latest .NET Framework?

no fraMEwork 2 and feature pack 1.5 was about to try your first suggestion copying crypt32 n takin 1 off the link.theres 2 copys?? one read crypt32(3). dll the other crypt32.dll which 1do i move or both???

you gonna b about 2moro nite?gotta get off to bed!(work like)!!

cheers pal

the 2 copys are on my pc sorry!!

no fraMEwork 2 and feature pack 1.5 was about to try your first suggestion copying crypt32 n takin 1 off the link.theres 2 copys?? one read crypt32(3). dll the other crypt32.dll which 1do i move or both???

you gonna b about 2moro nite?gotta get off to bed!(work like)!!

cheers pal

the 2 copys are on my pc sorry!!

lookin at that file you may need to use ad-aware or anti spyware program as its possible you may have some. the crypt32(3).dll seems to be the cause, if you can remove this into a new folder and then try the game again if the game works then sorted if not try the file from the link and hopefully that should work but try this after anti-spyware has been used

Archived