for Knapp, Rosler and any of the other super guys that are able to produce top tactics.

I've been wondering if all of your tactics are set up to win almost all. Are there any that will conform a bit more to the standard of the teams that are not ever going to be top sides. For instance, even I can get  Liverpool to win most things using only the default in game tactics. But try as I might I can't do it with Newcastle. I can using your brilliant tactical set though.

I always get sacked after about ten games into the second season using my own tactics. It seems to me that the trick is the setting up of the additional PI's. I don't want to copy any of your set ups but haven't a clue on how to begin how to blend them in and how many/few to use. I hope this makes sense to you all. I think it does to me. Help, please.

10 hours ago, knap said:

What was your Lpool season like with the default tactic?

First season, won League Cup, third in League. Second season, added Souttar, cb from Hearts, Miranda,lb from Barcelona and Pinamonti, st from Inter. Won League, FA Cup and lost to Barcelona in European Cup. However, due to the very powerful LFC squad none of the three players got more than a handful of games.

I'm under the impression that in counter attacking pre-sets that overlapping and full backs getting forward and crossing from the bye line are included within the pre-sets, so there is no point in asking said full backs to do it. I'm unsure as to how many other pre- sets have similar inclusions making additional PI's not needed.

Third party tactics all seem to have additional TI's and PI's, some, quite a lot. My problem is sorting out which may be needed and which may not. Any advice will be muchly appreciated.

GI concentrate on league as Cups are more variable and can depend on losing 1 game. The objective is to win league with 102+ pts, which means only having 4 bad games, or 2 bad games in half a season. The games you lose are the games yo need to find a way to win, which means replaying those games trying ideas from what you see to turn the result into a win. Armed with that knowledge you start the season again with a revised tactic and see if you get to half a season with just 2 bad games. If you fail re adjust tactic and start season again. 

My TIME tactics do not use PIs, - GOODBYE minimum TIs  -DARK SIDE Maximum TIs. - ROUTE 66 Direct Passing STARGAZING Hit Early Crosses, so there are no rules, just use whatever style you want to use. The idea is to practice tactics in a save that does not matter and sort out which TIs and PIs are needed to improve tactic. I use FMT as much quicker.

My objective has always been to win league with Spurs using the original squad. If you have an objective with Newcastle then after winning League with Lpool try the tactic with Newcastle.

2 hours ago, knap said:

GI concentrate on league as Cups are more variable and can depend on losing 1 game. The objective is to win league with 102+ pts, which means only having 4 bad games, or 2 bad games in half a season. The games you lose are the games yo need to find a way to win, which means replaying those games trying ideas from what you see to turn the result into a win. Armed with that knowledge you start the season again with a revised tactic and see if you get to half a season with just 2 bad games. If you fail re adjust tactic and start season again. 

My TIME tactics do not use PIs, - GOODBYE minimum TIs  -DARK SIDE Maximum TIs. - ROUTE 66 Direct Passing STARGAZING Hit Early Crosses, so there are no rules, just use whatever style you want to use. The idea is to practice tactics in a save that does not matter and sort out which TIs and PIs are needed to improve tactic. I use FMT as much quicker.

My objective has always been to win league with Spurs using the original squad. If you have an objective with Newcastle then after winning League with Lpool try the tactic with Newcastle.

Muchly thankings Knapp. Just one hour ago I decided to do the unthinkable -  start a save with the dreaded EVERTON. AARGH!!! and me an LFC man and boy since the1950 Cup Final. I vaguely recall that a gentleman wing half named Wally Barnes 'did' for the great Billy Liddell that afternoon.

Archived