Sports Interactive Community
Germaniac

Can't launch the game with certain editor data

Not sure if this post should go here. If I try to launch the game with this editor data, it's stuck on the loading screen. I've tried deleting the editor data and the game runs normally. Is there any way I can play with this editor data?

Red Bull London.fmf

I tried to look into it, it appears that the problem is that the .fmf was an .xml file at first, I loaded it with the editor and saved it as .fmf

I tried with a working .fmf, loading it and saving it as .xml, the game is stuck on loading screen again, I tried loading this .xml and save it as .fmf, then removing the .xml file. It appears that the resulting .fmf is 117kb compared to the original 17kb, and it also makes the game stuck on loading screen.

To confirm you are stuck on the loading screen when you launch FM19 from Steam with the Red Bull London editor data? Where did you put the editor data when you launched the game? I am able to use your editor data to start a game without problem when I put your editor data on C:\Users\[Your Windows Username]\Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2019\editor data

Are you using other custom graphics/logos/skins/faces/kits? If so I would suggest you to remove them.

I have managed to fix the problem, it's by merging the 117kb editor data with some other editor data and deleting the changes added by the merging. It seems the problem was that the editor saves editor data uncompressed if you load an .xml, even though you don't have the option to do it anymore.

great to hear that you've managed to sort it out. Thanks for letting us know.