Sports Interactive Community

Hi

Cannot get the game to run - I get the following message: Football Manager 2019 19.3.4-1206437 (staging)

Have tried uninstalling game, reinstalling steam, updating drivers and verifying integrity of file. Please help!

I enclose my DxDiag

Paul DxDiag.txt

Looking at your Dxdiag, your graphics driver is 2 years old (2017), I would suggest you to update it and try launching the game again.

Let us know how you get on, please. Thank you.

Thanks Jimmy, 

tried that - It looks like GeForce driver 391.35 is the last supported version for the GT 730 so have updated to that driver. 

Still doesn't work

Would you be able to attach the crash dump file and a new Dxidag so we can check the issue, please? The crash dump file can be located at the following default location: C:\Users\[Your Windows Username]\Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2019\crash dumps 

I enclose my revised Dxdag but I have been unable to trace a crash dump anywhere in my FM19 file or on the computer as a whole. 

The FM19 file was not where I expected it, it being c:program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\common\Football Manager 2019

DxDiag June 19.txt

Hi your Dxidag is showing that your Nvidia graphics card has been updated, but only to the 2018 version.

Would you be able to download this version from this link please? - https://www.nvidia.co.uk/Download/driverResults.aspx/148090/en-uk

The crash dump file can be located at the following default location: C:\Users\[Your Windows Username]\Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2019\crash dumps 

Unfortunately my graphics card is no longer updated. The 2018 version is the last update that is supported according to research via the net. 

I have looked where previous versions of the game were stored under C:\Users\[Your Windows Username]\Documents\Sports Interactive and there is no file there. My son is also playing the game - he has a file in that location - therefore I think this may be the problem. I have tried copying his file into a file in this location - but I have been unable to gain a crash dump file. 

What do you mean that there is no file at C:\Users\[Your Windows Username]\Documents\Sports Interactive? Is there a folder called "crash dumps"?

Do you mean can see your son's save in the "game" folder but not yours?

File has not saved where previous editions has saved. I have no folder called crash dumps this is what I have. I enclose screenshot of what I have copied across from my sons computer too. 

image.thumb.png.376427f982a420a4776e5a60cc241099.pngimage.thumb.png.b78333403f2866c771d26a9bb11173f2.pngimage.thumb.png.1f0267f7f380ce7e600653c741cbf6bf.png

Could you uninstall and reinstall FM to see if all of the folders are successfully created,

It may also be worth deleting your cache/preferences folder.

Cheers,

Hugo

There's a few problems here. First of all in those screenshots above you're in the wrong location, you should be here - C:\Users\[Your Windows Username]\Documents\Sports Interactive

You're looking at C:\Users\public\Documents\Sports Interactive, which is a different location.

None of those folders should be appearing within the public location really. Generally all those folders are generated  automatically when the game first launches successfully.

In regards to the game crashing, from looking at your Dxdiag there's no sound driver installed. Whilst this shouldn't cause a problem it has been known to do so in the past in some instances, so would suggest doing so.

It doesn't display your system make or model in the Dxdiag, so may be worth following the instructions here - https://smallbusiness.chron.com/out-sound-driver-need-56149.html

i click to open fm19 and it tells me that i need to install it again,but until yesterday i played it well so far.what happened suddenly?all the files(skins,graphics etc..) that i put extra in the game a long time ago are in my pc,but the game itself is not.please help me

66687226_338683587064202_1924769102413430784_n.png

We would recommend you delete all of the custom files that you downloaded,

Could you then please uninstall and reinstall the game making sure you have the folders in the correct location,

Cheers,

Hugo