Continental competition question - participating teams

Luke Cro

So, here it goes.. I'd like to add Cup Winners Cup to current European continental structure below Champions League and Europa League.

However, problem I'm facing is this... For example, let's take Bayern... Bayern won Bundesliga and DFB Pokal, so Bayern play both in Champions League and Cup Winners Cup... And that is something I don't want to happen...

What I want to do is following:

1) If same team wins both domestic division and domestic cup, team should play ONLY in Champions League, and runner-up of domestic cup plays in CWC,

2) If team has finished in CL position at the end of the season, and won domestic cup, team should play in Champions League, runner-up of domestic cup plays in CWC,

3) If both teams (winner and runner-up of domestic cup) have finished in CL position at end of the season, 3rd or 4th placed team in domestic cup plays in CWC...

Using only basic rules, I don't think is possible to make this, however using advanced rules it can be done something... @Carlito85 and @Kleyo do you know guys can it be done??

I'm realistic, so I know that all 3 options above probably can't be implemented... I'd be grateful for any help I can get... To be honest, I'm not expert in advanced rules...

Thanks in advance!

Hi Luke.

Yes, this is possible with the advanced rules, but you'd have to recreate everything from scratch in order to include the Cup Winners' Cup. By default using your example, Bayern would only compete in the Champions League and the Cup Winners' Cup spot would go to the next highest team outside of the European qualification places.

If you'd like to save a ton of time with this, you're welcome to use file 25 from my project as a base (everything from the upcoming 2021 structure is already in place for you to run with, so you'd just need to add the CWC).

@Carlito85 I'm also making some continental competitions from scratch just for fun... and I'd like to to continue my work...

But, can you post screenshot of advanced rules section where I can set that "Cup Winners' Cup spot would go to the next highest team outside of the European qualification places".

Thank you in advance mate!!!

8 hours ago, Luke Cro said:

@Carlito85 I'm also making some continental competitions from scratch just for fun... and I'd like to to continue my work...

But, can you post screenshot of advanced rules section where I can set that "Cup Winners' Cup spot would go to the next highest team outside of the European qualification places".

Thank you in advance mate!!!

No problem. You can't actually set the rule for who the place goes to unfortunately. I'm hoping it's something they'll add in the FM20 editor. As of now it works by default, so if the winner has qualified it'll automatically go to the runner-up or the next highest place in the league.

11 minutes ago, Carlito85 said:

No problem. You can't actually set the rule for who the place goes to unfortunately. I'm hoping it's something they'll add in the FM20 editor. As of now it works by default, so if the winner has qualified it'll automatically go to the runner-up or the next highest place in the league.

I see... Where I can set that runner-up goes to continental competition instead of winner??

2 minutes ago, Luke Cro said:

I see... Where I can set that runner-up goes to continental competition instead of winner??

There is currently no option to do that (as far as I know, anyway).

The only thing you could do is set it so that the competition grabs the runner-up instead of the winner every single year. That would mean even if the competition winner didn't qualify for Europe via the league, the runner-up gets it.

15 hours ago, Carlito85 said:

There is currently no option to do that (as far as I know, anyway).

The only thing you could do is set it so that the competition grabs the runner-up instead of the winner every single year. That would mean even if the competition winner didn't qualify for Europe via the league, the runner-up gets it.

Hopefully, they will add this feature to 2020 editor... check your PM later

Archived