JoseRR's FM09 Big Euro Nation Challenge!

I am very pleased to have gone through my friendlies 5-1-1, Leitao was nothing but a reserve striker, but with my Number 1 on a minor injury and Strikers 2 & 3 out for a month he is going to get his shot in the first 2 games at least. I can't wait to see if he performs up to my acceptable level. I have also managed to grab a good starting goaltender, but more to come on that very soon, when I give an update of the team.

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And onto page two, here is my starting line-up as I see them playing majority of my games, I will throw you all some screenshots of them in 12 hours or so :)

GK - Ivo

DR - Primo

DL - Kipulo

DC - Mendonca/Fernando

DC - Rodrigues (INJ)

DM - Dunga

MR - Ernesto

ML - Kita/Viera

AM - Hernani ©

ST - Djalmir

ST - Santana/Toninho (INJ)/Leitao (INJ)

Whats a parent Club? I haven't even asked my board, but that team looks like it will smoke its way up haha.

My little club has crippling injuries, having 4 players out for 1-2 months and I am just 2 days from the start of the season, it feels like the long injuries are the only ones coming up, shortest I have had was 2 weeks.

Are you not good enough as you are, all that money and what not ;). How many levels down is it in France - that's quite an achievement to get the best team as a parent!

They're in the Ligue 1, then it's Ligue 2 then it's the National which is my league.

It's a shame none of their players want to come to me :(

Monsanto's future in the hands of Chimenez

Ricardo Chimenez has been announced as the new man to lead Grupo Desportivo e Recreativo de Monsanto this season.

With Chimenez inheriting club debts of £616,000 and no budget for transfers he will surely have to sell before he thinks about adding to the squad. With no less than seven strikers in the current group speculation is rife about who will be the first man from up-front to leave through the back door.

I'm new to this challenge business so if I'm doing anything the wrong way let me know :thup:

A parent club is like a feeder club in that you have a link with them, but they pay you for the link and will offer you players on loan each season.

Well really? :p haha I realise that, I was just being cheeky cause I don't use them, do occasionally try to get players on loan, but none of boards ever think I need one.

Welcome TanO good to see I now have some competition in the might of Portugal :)

2009/10 Des Tiny's Associação Desportiva de Fafe Players Update

Players to Watch in my updates:

Kipulo - Dynamite DL, ready for anything and the man for the headers.

Ivo - Star Goalkeeper, if he can keep the ball out of the net I am set.

Ernesto - Exploding Right Wing, Ernesto will be crossing the ball all day, hopefully to my strikers.

Djalmir - Numero Uno, the striker who I beileve will be the top scorer.

My Midfield Dynamo's (Can they be a Diagne/Rinaldi or a Diagne/Morete?)

Hernani - The third in line for captaincy he is a star player, but with neither Captain on the field he will take charge a lot.

Dunga - DM Dynamo, the man to watch for setting up the forwards.

And a present just for you guys, see if you can tell why Leitao doesn't feature in my plans.

2009/10 Grupo Desportivo e Recreativo de Monsanto Update

This is the ultimate credit crunch club. The spiralling debts are made worse by a £1,600 per week wage budget but current wage bill of £3,660 per week.

To resolve this cash nightmare I have been forced to terminate the contracts of many of the first team squad and promote the best prospects from the U19s to replace them. I have finally managed to get the wage bill under budget but couldn't attract anyone to join the club so I'm just hoping the U19s are strong enough :confused:

One question, can I trial out of contract players at my club even if I can't scout them ? Not that it matters now since no-one will join us, but just curious for future seasons. Thanks

Red Star 93 - Season 2009/10 - French National - September 2009

seeing as i'm through the transfer window now, i thought it'd be a good moment to indroduce the Red Star 93 'class of 2009/10'!!

Squad

Having inherited an amateur squad, i set about tying up the better players to part-time contracts, and searching the nation extensively for new recruits. the squad above shows those fortunate enough to pull on the green and white shirts. Early indications show that those below may well be the 'stars' of the team:

Guillaume Deschamps - signed on a free transfer, Guillaume is, on paper, a good signing for us. became an instant hero with a 19 minute hat-trick in one of his first games.

Francisco Donzelot - A versitile Colombian already at the club when i took over. One of our best players, has settled in well at LB.

Diego Yesso - DM signed on a free transfer, Diego is our best midfielder. i have high hopes he'll become a key player of the team.

As for the season to date, after a slow start we are now 3-0-3. This is mainly due to me reverting to my 4-4-2 formation employed in my later years as Como manager. We are now having a lot more of the ball, and are creating chances which always helps!! This has seen us climb to 9th in the league.

so, a steady if unspectacular start. i an slightly more optimistic now for the future, so hopefully we can over-achieve this season.

2009/10 Des Tiny's Associação Desportiva de Fafe Portuguese Cup Update

Round 2

at Vilanovense 2-0

Kipulo (pen 45+2), Santana (59)

Defeating a non-league team first time up was a good start.

Round 3

at Santa Clara 0-1

Kipulo (pen 51)

To beat a Liga Vitalis team in the third round was a huge up, especially as my board wanted me to make the 4th round.

Round 4

at Tourizense 1-3

Djalmir (18, 22), OG (60)

A victory here against a fellow second division side put me into to the 5th round as I celebrated the draw for the next round came up showing...

Round 5 will be the biggest game of the year for AD Fafe, and probably the biggest game since their 0-0 draw against FC Porto in 1988/89 (As shown in my Background pic)

great run in the cup there and a massive draw with Benfica!! good luck with that - should bring in some money if nothing else....

also, loving the background pic!! might have to look for something similar for Red Star... one question though - how did you get rid of the white background?? is it a new skin, and if so, which?

I am using Dark Horizon ;) I like the darker skins, would much rather it was Charcoal rather than black, but I can deal with it. And I saw that pic and couldn't have anything else for my team as my aim is to better the team of 88/89.

And yeah for me really I think the money from the Benfica game is more important than a result, though I would love to cause an upset in that one...

2009/10 Grupo Desportivo e Recreativo de Monsanto January Update

It's been a tough start to the 09/10 season, although we've played ok football we've only managed 4 wins 4 draws and 11 losses. We have however played some good football and the youngsters have shown great potential.

16 Year old Defensive Midfielder Tiago Melo is the current man in form, closely followed by another 16 year old, Right AM Ricardo Rufino.

Despite the positives, we need to strengthen the squad if we are to survive the drop so I've managed to attract these 5 players to help the second half of the campaign. They should fit in well to my 4-5-1 counter attack formation.

2009/10 Grupo Desportivo e Recreativo de Monsanto January Update[/size]

It's been a tough start to the 09/10 season, although we've played ok football we've only managed 4 wins 4 draws and 11 losses. We have however played some good football and the youngsters have shown great potential.

16 Year old Defensive Midfielder Tiago Melo is the current man in form, closely followed by another 16 year old, Right AM Ricardo Rufino.

Despite the positives, we need to strengthen the squad if we are to survive the drop so I've managed to attract these 5 players to help the second half of the campaign. They should fit in well to my 4-5-1 counter attack formation.

Just looking at your record and playing 4-5-1 Counter attack you say, I would be tempted to make that into a more attacking formation, in Portugal i have found that when I defend against the teams in my league at this level they seem to be able to take me out with a couple of good long shots, bouncing off posts and in, or off the crossbar, even firing it straight at my goalie and he punches it away to their striker. Where as once I start having my midfield more attacking my players have started using much more beautiful football and I am finally scoring enough goals to keep me ahead. Currently 3rd in the First Phase with a 8-3-4 record.

Though I think I am going to miss out on 1st place even if I beat them Gondomar SC are 13 points ahead of me after 15 games out of 22.

Thanks for the advice but I don't think my team could cope with anything more adventurous right now, we did start off as more of a 4-1-2-2-1 but now my wide mids push up to the AMR pos when going forward and get back enough to help when we need it. If we draw too many games in the playoff I'll have to go for it but just trying to let them gel in the 4-5-1 for now.

Good luck with Fafe ! They are one of the other relegation playoff groups in my game

Fafe vs Benfica Fulltime Update

Second half played out from end to end as I tried to use attack to get the ball into the net, the only real chance I had ended with Santana putting it off the outside of the post and it drifted away. Final Score 0-2, but I was happy with the boys commitment to making a game out of it and told them Well Done afterwards. Good work and now lets seal a place in the Promotion Stage of the league, so when my 5-6 new signings join in July we are in a better place. I think keeping Benfica off the scoresheet for the last 62 mins of the game was the best part of this one.

2009/10 Des Tiny's Fafe First Phase Update

Well I started the season above expectations for me, at the halfway point I was 6-2-3 and sitting comfortably in 3rd, but a poor second half which saw me losing when I should've won saw me drop to 4th and a final standing of 10-5-7, this I mainly attribute to a lack of any true goalscorers, Djalmir started the season brilliantly, but then he proceeded to fade and go nowhere. All four top Strikers have been on goalscoring droughts of over 500 minutes and this just has pummeled the teams morale.

Final Table

But I have made the promotion stage where I fight against 5 others to try and come top, and then the top team from each of the four divisions meet in a semi-final and final with the top two getting promoted. I don't like my chances, but hopefully the changes coming in July can make my team better for iy.

Archived