JoseRR's FM09 Big Euro Nation Challenge!

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yeah, you might aswell. You can take charge of a new team after that anyway. :thup:

That is correct! :)

Well, just in case the FC Barcelona "B" doesn't work, I have another backup-save with the following Club:

Ciudad De Santiago, Segunda Division B1

Manager Profile

Club Squad Information

I'll be playing the Barce "B" save more frequently then this one though. ;)

AS Casale Calcio unvail ther new manager!

Salvatore Leone has been unvailed as the new manager of AS Casale Calcio a club whom he belivies can win the champions league uner his guidance.

Casale are celebrating the centurion this year and the new manager will want to end there 79 year barren spell by winning a trophy

Casale have won the italian serie a just 1 in 1914 and the serie b title in 1930.

http://http://i279.photobucket.com/albums/kk150/maax1994/Casale/CasaleABackground.jpg

http://http://i279.photobucket.com/albums/kk150/maax1994/Casale/Centenaryyear.jpg

http://http://i279.photobucket.com/albums/kk150/maax1994/Casale/SalvatoreLeone.jpg

****Big long fuming rant about the uselessness of NZ stores getting one copy when they have 3 pre-orders and then not getting any extras at all and the fact the download is 2 GB (1/10th my month)****

Ok Rant over, no idea when I will be joining depends how quick I can get the idiots to get me a copy sent here...As for the B team, you cannot enter the cups, you can't enter the same league as your Real club, basically you are the manager of a reserve club, completely pointless just so you know before you do it :p Hence why when I created my lists of every possible team you can complete this challenge with I didn't include B teams, the exception being AJAX (Who have an amateur club set-up seperately in FM)

Update: So now I have just thrown away any chance of getting it in stores and paid for it via Steam, knew I should've just done that on the weekend, cursed stores.

that's no good Des... looking forward to seeing you back in the challenge.

max1994 - good luck with Casale - Italy is a great place to manage. good luck.

Benjaminoo - signed two good players from Red Star ther. Ekwalla is a good RB, and my first choice, and Zahiri is good too.

A quick update after a month into the new season..

Everything has been going well, minimal injuries and everyone's morale is high. Quite lucky with the minimal injuries as Barcelona "B" only has 18 players available; thus am unable to rest the key players during matches. Then again, it is still early season, so everyone is fresh and strong.

First Month Results

Current Table Standings

One interesting news I wish to highlight is the following:

A magnanimous gesture from the Board

Well, that's all for today's update! Will post more later!

And good luck to the rest on your teams! :D

Looking to get involved earlier rather that later like on the FM08 thread ! You guys reckon the game is stable enough to get now or wait a while ? I am always tempted to get early as possible but always hold myself back so that I can wait till initial bugs are ironed out !

the picture isn't working... they must be bad as they've broken it!! :D

:D

should work now.

i made my first signings stefano dicuonzo from juve for 3k michele Guerini on loan from ac milan and niccolo guzzo on a free.

i cant remeber any of the players i signed last year for como it is really anoying as i had a good sie for the level.

max

:D

should work now.

i made my first signings stefano dicuonzo from juve for 3k michele Guerini on loan from ac milan and niccolo guzzo on a free.

i cant remeber any of the players i signed last year for como it is really anoying as i had a good sie for the level.

max

they look like the undead!! :eek:

did you post any screenies in the old thread you can look back on? might work. have you managed to get a parent club for Casale? always a big help at that level...

Looking to get involved earlier rather that later like on the FM08 thread ! You guys reckon the game is stable enough to get now or wait a while ? I am always tempted to get early as possible but always hold myself back so that I can wait till initial bugs are ironed out !

it looks ok to me for now. have a issue with my team sheet duplicating a couple of players so i'm playing with 13 men but the patch seems to have sorted a lot out....

it's up to you but i'd say go for it - what's the worst that can happen??? :D

Hurray so I finally have my game running, took me like 2 hours since I got home tonight but its going now trying to decide where to compete :p

EDIT: Ok so as I promised I am loading first in Holland to see if I can get promotion there to work :)

If I can get Holland to work I am going to be looking for Sneek Wit Zwart to come out :) haha love the club name too much to turn down, so everyone cross your fingers on Holland Promotion.

Post number 800 WHOOT!!!

Lower Leagues Rule- Where in Wellies did you get your game from? My Dad recently moved there and I'm going to ask him to get me a copy. Hamilton has no stock. Grrr.

Thanks in advance

Guttingly there is none in Wellington, so I ended up paying for it over Steam and downloading then after reading for a bit cause it wasn't working getting it to work using a few shortcuts around the place, and now it works beautifully, I really can recommend Steam and follow that up by making a desktop shortcut and then adding the reset preferences and small screen and windowed mode to the target (Check my old posts for more info) and then it worked a charm, no issues since I did that. Of course to use steam you have to use a credit card :( I have been told Wellington will get its earliest stock in about the end of the week, I would suggest just calling stores continuously til you get one with stock then get there straight away lol.

Well holland is seemingly not going to have promotion in FM09, I have fast forwarded to June, but I then realised the rules all along had never mentioned relegation, I am trying to fast forward into the new season to see what the rules say after the reset :)

EditCan't see any promotion relegation and I am now well into season 09/10, so I think Holland with promotion didn't make it :( So now I will decide on one of the others :)

2009/10 Associação Desportiva de Fafe

Welcome everyone to a new year, and for Des Tiny a new season with a new club in a new league. On June 23rd 2009 he was appointed as the newest manager of Associação Desportiva de Fafe, (henceforth known as Fafe), on the day he joined the club he found the club lacking in staff, with only two Physios on the books, but he found a full Squad of players ready to put their all into the club and ready to fight for future Champions League Glory.

Fafe: A Club History

The club was founded in 1958 and is a fully professional team, with a stadium called Estadio Municpal dos Desportos which has a capacity of 8,000. The last time the club won a title was in 1996 when they took out the Portugese Third Division. The most famous ever player to play at the club was Rui Costa when he was on loan from Benfica at the age of 17. Another notable former player is Flávio Meireles who is current captain of Vitória Guimarães, he spent three years with the club playing 48 games and scoring two goals as well. AD Fafe spent a year in the top flight in the Portuguese First Division were they finished 16th in the 1988/89 season were they were relegated.

(According to Wiki they are in the Second Division A already in 2008/09 season, yet in FM09 they start in the lower 3rd Division...a little confused at this)

So my challenge is to take them back to the glory of 1988/89 and return them to the top division and do better than 0-0 against FC Porto that they achieved that season.

Fafe - i love it!! Good luck Des - look forward to seeing how you get on..... look like a pretty decent team you have there, although a bit more experience in attack may be needed!! ;)

No way I could turn down the team when they came up, that name was just awesome, a bit gutted to read on other sites that Fafe in RL is actually already in the Second Division, and that most of the teams that come up were competing there in 07/08, but I will deal with that.

As for players, well I went out of my way and signed 18 new players, including the most necessary position of Goalkeeper, with two 16 year olds that would be trouble. I must say I am very happy with the new line-up and also with an opening friendly result of 3-0 over fellow promotion team AC Viseu. Now the question is whether my team can actually compete, I am predicted to come 6th out of 12, but I would like to go for promotion as soon as possible, especially as I believe a lot of my players are good enough for the next level up :)

Well I am now glad I chose to go somewhere other Italy for my first FM09 save, I haven't hit the bug.

Minor Tiidbits (If anyone wants to add their own thoughts go for it)

1) Elevated view in 3d (TV Mode) is the best to see tactical decisions having an effect.

2) There is a better view for watch goals, think it is behind corner or something (see some excellent shots in this)

3) Is everyone elses Ass Man actually able to do Team Talks & Advice in game? Cause mine just seems to disappear when I am into a game.

4) 3-0 in first friendly with Fafe (I love my midfield combo, not a great DM/AM combo like Diagne & Rinaldi or Diagne & Morete, but they are definitely good enough for this level.

5) The number of coaches for my team SUCKS (I have 1 Coach, 1 Ass Man, 2 Scouts and 1 Physio not allowed anymore staff)

You can't go over the coach limit in FM09? I remember I can at least get 3 coaches even though the limit was 1 in FM08...

It seems that way, which kinda sucks, it will only let me have 1 at all, the limit is one, same with scouts, so when picking these I would say be a little more careful than I was, I have an awesome goalie coach, but the rest of my coaching sucks.

Just got my 2DA Odds and they have me at 20-1, expected midtable, I am happy with that.

As for Fafe playing this season in the 2DA, I have looked into it and they were in the 2DA in 2007/08 but were relegated at the end of that season after finishing 11th and hence why the squad was reasonably acceptable for the new season. now two Friendly Victories chalked up 3-0 & 4-2, the 2 goals against me were when I had my reserves on the pitch and my 2nd best goalie in net.

Friendly Game number 5 rolls around going into it I am 2-1-1, 2 wins at home and a draw and loss away, I am pitted against Naval a club from the division above me, so I go slightly more defensive thinking they will come at me, half time rolls around 0-0, so I have been able to hold them out, then my striker goes down injured, and shall we say the rest is history. Jorge Leitao comes on as a replacement, scores at the 68th minute long range, Then a lob over the keeper off a rebound from his own shot and follows it up with a header in overtime to take a 3-0 victory over a higher placed club. Brilliance, Fafe for Europe. Leitao for Euro President :p

sounds like a promising start to your Fafe career...... hopefully it'll be a long and enjoyable save. Leitao sounds a legend in the making already. 20-1 pre season odds?? Red Star are 1000-1!!!

Benjaminoo - unlucky mate. good that you enjoyed the season though and will try again.

As for Red Star, three league games into the season and it's been a tough start. 1-0-2 record, with our only win a late penalty for a 1-0 away at Romorantin. Was a big shock nonetheless! I will need to work on our tactics as we're being outplayed in most games. our strikers can't score for toffee either. :(

Going to be a long season!

Benjaminoo - unlucky mate. good that you enjoyed the season though and will try again.

As for Red Star, three league games into the season and it's been a tough start. 1-0-2 record, with our only win a late penalty for a 1-0 away at Romorantin. Was a big shock nonetheless! I will need to work on our tactics as we're being outplayed in most games. our strikers can't score for toffee either. :(

Going to be a long season!

They were my exact thoughts throughout the season! But, tbf we actually had alot more potential than we were showing, and I'm sure it's the same with Red Star.

I'm gonna see out the season with FC Rouen, then resign and holiday 'til the restart.

Archived