JoseRR's FM09 Big Euro Nation Challenge!

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well done Des - great achievement. looking for more of the same against Maritimo now, so you can get the re-match of the "famous" match with Porto... ;)

Well I have fingers crossed that I can replay that famous game :) And I would be amazed if I can pull it out in only my third season :)

Though with 5 games remaining I have guaranteed Promotion stages, now I need to wrap up the Championship before I fight it out for Promotion :)

Haha and wouldn't you know it the unbeaten run falters in thevery next match as I go down 2-1, oh well 22 games without a loss had to be broken at some point, bring on the Promotion Stage.

typical!! :D oh well, surely the championship will follow now and then you can make sure of promotion.

Well the title Hunt is one. Currently 4 games to go and I am on top, 5 points clear. Worst I can finish is 5th and I am playing against 7th, 6th, 4th & 2nd in that order, so I hope to have it wrapped up before I face my challenger in the final game of the season, but if not the title will be decided there. Just glad that no matter what this time around it is in my hands, then I will be on to try and make promotion. Some silverware will look good in the trophy cabinet...That October Manager of the Month award is looking rather lonely.

Yes I went unbeaten from April to January in the league and only won a single Manager of the month award. I went through November & December with 1 draw and 7 wins conceding one goal and didn't even get a 2nd or 3rd...something is wrong here. I shall now go to bed and expect a post around 16-17 hours from now telling you exactly how I did in the League and I shall deliberately save my 900th post for that occasion.

20011/12 G D R Monsanto End of Season Update

Hugely disappointing season for Monsanto, though we do avoid the drop for the third season in a row. We finish 10th in the league first phase with a terrible record of poor performances, then storm the playoffs during which Magno sets a new club record of 10 goals in one season.

Part of the playoff success is down to a new 33 yr old goalkeeper, Paulo Jorge and 2 defenders, Dinis (28) and Kipulo (30). I get the feeling that 4 preseason friendlies aren't enough since we don't seem to gel and play well until December each season.

The team also need some signings in midfield, where we are weak despite Tiago Melo being player of the season for yet another term.

One exciting youngster is coming up through the youth system, Antonio Dias is the one to watch. Our finances are terrible, despite the huge bank loan we still ended the season in the red and are going to focus on a cup run this season to try and get a big cash game to help the situation !

don't get too downbeat TanO. you had a really difficult situation to start wth and you've done well to stay up so far. hopefully your play-off form will continue into the new season. with a couple of signings i'm sure you'll make progress. keep the faith!! i wouldn't be overly worried just yet over the finances.

As for Antonio Dias, he looks a decent prospect.

sky_sports_news.jpg

*** BREAKING NEWS ****

"And now we can cross over to our French Reporter, Guy Novelli, for the latest news from Saint-Ouen. Guy?"

"Hello Georgie. Yes, you find me outside the Stade Bauer, home of Red Star 93, where speculation is rife that Richard Lipscombe has taken a leave of absense in managing the club. I have spoken to a few sources at the club who have confirmed that Richard didn't report for training this morning, and that there is no sign of him at his apartment in Paris."

"Guy, is there any early indication as to his plans?"

"I believe Georgie that he was seen emerging from a taxi at the airport this morning, but we are currently unsure as to his eventual destination. We will keep you informed as and when we have further information..."

more to follow..... ;)

AC Casale Calcio Squa Review 09-10

Goalkeepers

ALbano Anconetani

His Stats are decent for this level i will keep him for a couple of seasons either as the first team keeper or if i find a better one willing to play for me he will become back up lacks abit in the speed area good solid player

Massimilliano Zaccarelli

He will only be used in cup games and as an emergency backup i only got him as i needed a backup and albinoleffe my parent team offered him so that is why there backup.

Fullbacks

Luca Isolini

he was a key player last year playing almost all the games and was key to my success however with more competition for places this term it will keep him on his toes he will be kept for his versatility

Sabatino Lordi

will be competing for a first team place until he gells in with the rest of the squad he is probbaly better than isolini but he will have to prove it

Nicolas Flammini

a very attacking left back who is capable of playing left winger will play in games we will look to dominate but will be playing second fiddle as in most games we wont be looking to attack. will be used mainly as a sub.

These are my main fullbacks however i have three other players capable of playing there so im not short staff in that department.

Centre Backs

Olivier Nanni

Nanni is a first team centreback playing mainly when i have the threat of pace as rennuit is slow and i need too keep scoring the points he can also play right back where he is back up to isolini

Tiago Sala

a good consistent performer who is allowed to bomb forward in attack linking defence and midfield he can also play right back and in the centre of midfield a good player for the level

Giovanni Rennuit

My first choice Centre back however he lacks a bit on the pace side he makes up for it by by being a rock in the centre of defence.

Mariano Carli

my first youth player project will act as back up and will start in cup game.

Midfielders

Central midfielder

Filippo Pensalfini

a creative central midfielder who usaully plays alongside Andrea Censori he picks a good pass and has a good vision

Manuel Bianco

A physical midfielder who plays deep and soaks up the pressure a back up this term at best

Wingers & AMC

Medhy Ouchene

a good all round winger/amc with good allround attributes a creative player batterling for a first team place with girasole

Luca Tremolada

luca is a great talent on loan from inter will play on the problomatic right wing hopefully i will be able to sign him in the summer.

Carlos Wey

he arrived on a free transfer from belguim highly recomended by my scout look a decent back up will get a few games.

Andrea Censori

A great prospect who im delighed to anounce has signed a new 5 year deal which put an end to his ongoing transfer saga a great player and a free kick good my top goalscorer last term

Strikers

Luca Riberto

Luca was available on a free so i snapped him up he will offer some needed experience to my frontline hopefully scoring a couple as well

Guido Bocchi

a good prospect signed again on a free hopefully he will get some game time and ill be able to sell him on for some cash

Abdoulaye Diallo

my best striker on paper on loan for a year from atlanta this player has potential hopefully he bang in the goals as his stats show he can

Giorgio Macchi

A great prospect how i wish to keep for a while a rotation with Riberto should score a few as well.

20011/12 G D R Monsanto End of Season Update

Hugely disappointing season for Monsanto, though we do avoid the drop for the third season in a row. We finish 10th in the league first phase with a terrible record of poor performances, then storm the playoffs during which Magno sets a new club record of 10 goals in one season.

Part of the playoff success is down to a new 33 yr old goalkeeper, Paulo Jorge and 2 defenders, Dinis (28) and Kipulo (30). I get the feeling that 4 preseason friendlies aren't enough since we don't seem to gel and play well until December each season.

The team also need some signings in midfield, where we are weak despite Tiago Melo being player of the season for yet another term.

One exciting youngster is coming up through the youth system, Antonio Dias is the one to watch. Our finances are terrible, despite the huge bank loan we still ended the season in the red and are going to focus on a cup run this season to try and get a big cash game to help the situation !

Haha you have my Club Captain - Kipulo - in your side, he is pretty good though now in a battle with a former right back who I trained to play both sides as to whether he can keep the place or not, but definitely great value at this level. Keep fighting that promotion wll come.

sky_sports_news.jpg

*** BREAKING NEWS ****

"And now we can cross over to our French Reporter, Guy Novelli, for the latest news from Saint-Ouen. Guy?"

"Hello Georgie. Yes, you find me outside the Stade Bauer, home of Red Star 93, where speculation is rife that Richard Lipscombe has taken a leave of absense in managing the club. I have spoken to a few sources at the club who have confirmed that Richard didn't report for training this morning, and that there is no sign of him at his apartment in Paris."

"Guy, is there any early indication as to his plans?"

"I believe Georgie that he was seen emerging from a taxi at the airport this morning, but we are currently unsure as to his eventual destination. We will keep you informed as and when we have further information..."

more to follow..... ;)

Hmm interesting, I wonder what he could be up to.

AC Casale Calcio Squa Review 09-10

A good squad there max, just hope if I make the jump I can put together something like that for the next season.

PS - Yes I just used my 900th post now, oh well later today I will try for a championship.

sky_sports_news.jpg

*** BREAKING NEWS ***

"We can now cross over to our Spanish Football expert Guillaume Balague, who i believe has an update on the Richard Lipscombe saga."

"Thanks Georgie. I can confirm that at around 6.30pm this evening, Mr Lipscombe was spotted at Madrid airport, having arrived on a flight from Paris. We are not sure where his next destination is, as the English manager was whisked away in a car via a side entrance. So it appears that Richard Lipscombe's next managerial role MAY be in Spain."

"Guillaume, have you heard any rumours over in Spain as to where he may be going?"

"We haven't really, no. There are a number of managerial posts available in the lower leagues, so he really could end up anywhere. I guess it's just a waiting game."

"Thanks Guillaume. So it appears that Richard Lipscombe's next role will be in Spain. Where exactly that is we shall have to wait and see."

(you'll all find out where if the game EVER holidays through to July 2009... :( )

Des Tiny's Fafe 2011/12

End of First Phase Update

At halfway my team was 8-3-0 and all I really wanted in the second half was to try and wrap up a championship, and possibly continue my amazing unbeaten streak. I was delighted as the team were playing like men possessed, making the 6th round of the Portuguese Cup before losing 3-0 to Maritimo, but it was an excellent run.

As for the First Stage and the Championship Trophy...The Trophy now resides in my Cabinet sitting proudly alongside my Manager of the Month October 2011 award. I have not managed to wrap up any other awards in the season, but I am delighted to have finished top and now am heading to the Promotion stages looking forward to some big games from the stars of my team. Freitas has been the biggest one this season, he allowed 4 goals in the 13 games he started in the first phase, so now its onto Promotion.

Some Screenshots to delight those visual ones among you.

Winning the Title

Let see who Starred

A Fans Favourite had something to say

Stats for the Division

The League Table

Positional Graph

Money is like a sinkhole, but the board keep bailing me out

What the Fans like

An amazing Cup Run

Let the Boards Praises be heard

Des Tiny's AD Fafe 2011/12 Mini Update

Full update to come, but I had to update on the final game of the promotion phase. I needed to do better than Aves to be promoted, they got an early lead in their game while I went down 0-1, then they scored another to make themselves 2-0, I knew at this point I had to win, my boys pulled it back and it was 1-1 at halftime. I had a rip at the players and they went out only to let another one in and we were down 1-2 with 8 minutes to play, on the 90min mark Martinho snuck one home to call up a draw, and then at 90+5 he smashed a shot straight into the cross bar and headed the deflection over the top as the whistle went for fulltime. AD Fafe are going to be spending another season in the Portuguese 2nd Division.

Ok one screen further on and I have the title...I am confused, first it said bonus payout to players for coming second, then it told me confidence great that I challenged for the title, then next screen 1st place is a new high league finish for Fafe...And the Holders Bar says "Fafe" so I guess I was given it, I also add to the trophy cabinet a few other awards which I will mention in my Full update, to come on the day the leagues reset.

Des Tiny's AD Fafe 2011/12

Full Season Update

First I want to congratulate my players on winning the division this season, I am disappointed with not being promoted, but tomorrow is another season. Lets have a look at the Highlight of the Season.

22 Game Unbeaten Streak

08/05/11 at Lousada    3-1
Vieira, Martinho, Kipulo

15/05/11 vs Maia       1-1
Martinho

28/08/11 at Lourosa    2-2
Bozic, Martinho

04/09/11 vs Lixa       2-1
Bozic, Ernesto

11/09/11 at Vila Real  1-0
el Bahri

18/09/11 vs Moreirense 3-0
Martinho, Bozic, Kipulo

25/09/11 vs R. Agueda  5-0
Bozic, Stevens, Martinho (3)

28/09/11 at Tirense    0-0

09/10/11 vs Infesta    4-1
Braga (2), Bozic (2)

16/10/11 at Maia       3-1
Cafu, OG, Kipulo

30/10/11 vs Vianense   4-0
Martinho, Braga (2), Vieira

06/11/11 at Aves       1-1
Bozic

20/11/11 at Valenciano 3-0
Martinho, Braga (2)

23/11/11 at Penafiel   1-0
Vieira

27/11/11 vs Freamunde  2-0
Bozic (2)

11/12/11 at Lixa       2-0
Toninho, Braga

14/12/11 vs Lourosa    2-0
Martinho, OG

18/12/11 at Lixa       2-0
Vieira, Braga

28/12/11 vs Vila Real  2-0
Sampaio, Martinho

08/01/12 at Moreirense 5-0
Martinho, el Bahri, Bozic (2), Ruben

15/01/12 vs Tirsense   1-1
Cafu

22/01/12 vs P.Ferreira 1-0
Martinho

A stunning run of games that also included my longest winning streak and my longest streak without conceding, it also saw Freitas get his longest personal streak without conceding. And this run set-upthe whole season that was to come, after this fell though the team never performed the same again and this is what caused us to miss the Promotion Semi-Finals by just a single point.

The players who made a difference this season and will still be around in the 4th AD Fafe season under Des Tiny's management are:

Freitas - How can anyone replace him in goal? A season like this comes once in a lifetime.

Kipulo - Captain Fantastic and the man of the moment as he won Fans Player of the year for the second time

Borja - His stats may not look like much, but he is able to do reasonably well on the right wing.

Vieira - He surprised everyone as the battle against Ruben ended up a little one sided and Vieira became the number 1 left winger once more.

Braga - Started the season as a back-up Right wing and ended up making the perfect switch into the midfield and taking to the place like a fish to water.

Bozic & Martinho - Both scoring over 15 goals on the season, this pair gave us the chance, but will have some stiff competition in the new season.

And of Course:

Jonathan - Another great season from the right back, hopefully it can continue for another.

(I will add some screenshots to this soon)

Associação Desportiva de Fafe Club History

|----------|-----------|-----------------|---------------------|
|  Season  | Division  | First Phase Pos | Promotion Phase Pos |
| 2009/10  |   2nd A   |       4th       |        2nd          |
| 2010/11  |   2nd A   |       3rd       |        4th          |
| 2011/12  |   2nd A   |       1st       |        2nd          | League Champions

More often than not I am the favourite, in the first season it was about 50/50, second season I think fo 30 games I was favourite in 20 of them, but last season there were only 3 League games and 2 cup games where I was underdog. This may have to do with the squad I have built though. Very strong across the park, most are good signings for Liga Vitalis or Liga Sagres teams.

Raonnaise Mid season update 09/10

http://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u181/Yababo/leaguetablemid1st.jpg

http://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u181/Yababo/underwhelming.jpg

We are performing well at the moment and it tends to be 3 good games and 5 bad ones but we are surviving and I am confident we will stay up. We really lack fire power up front and from the looks of some of the goals we concede my goalkeeper is visually impaired. Will definately be looking to address these areas in the off season. We have lost money consistently and have just had an extremely underwhelming board takeover that took 3 months to complete. Why would someone take over a club and not make any investment?

Anyway staying positive and hoping to consolidate over the next half of the season.

Good work yababo, its good to be avoiding relegation season one, I was delighted with my team, of course I had spent hours finding the right players to fill the spots.

Ok so I have loaded a new game in germany, and I am using a DDT file to retain all the players at the lower league clubs, as I am interested in seeing if this makes the challenge harder for myself and also the research has been done so I want to make the most of it.

Des Tiny's VfB Lübeck 2009/10

Lets get it Started Update

VfB Lübeck was founded as a club in 1919 and currently play ing the German Third Division, they are based at Stadion Lohmühle. This ground possess average training facilities and an adequate youth setup. They have bitter rivalries with FC St. Pauli of the Second Division & KSV Holstien Kiel of the Regional Division North. Currently enjoying their best ever success, the club have won the 4th tier on two occasions the latest in 2002.

In real life the club has filed for bankruptcy in the game I have about 100k in the coffers.

Des Tiny has taken over at the club and been given 10k for transfers and 30k for wages and he is expected to pull off a Mid-table finish. All going to plan this should come off.

The Squad

Goalkeepers

Nourredine Semghoun - GER - 27

Fynn Berndt - GER - 20

Marcel Koch - GER - 15

Defense

Moritz Marheineke - GER - 24 - RC

Kevin Becker - GER - 20 - R

Wolf Muller - GER - 22 - RLC

Benjamin Lipke - GER - 25 - L

Emil Noll - GER - 30 - L

Hendrik Alexander Koep - GER - 20 - R

Reinhard Schneider - GER - 15 - R

Jan PruBmann - GER - 19 - L

Rene Gradert - GER - 22 - R (DM,MC)

Patrick Kraft - GER - 20 - R (MR)

Dennis Wehrendt - GER - 22 - C

Florian Blum - GER - 15 - C (DM,MC)

Timo Neumann - GER - 27 - C

Philipp Haastrup - GER - 27 - C

Jan-Philipp Kalus - GER - 21 - C

Midfield

Steve Ridder - GER - 26 - DM MC

Vincenzo Testa - GER - 20 - DM MC

Hannes Niemeyer - GER - 22 - DM MC

Finn-Lasse Thomas - GER - 21 - MR

Marcel Gebers - GER - 23 - MR

Christoph Nodop - GER - 19 - ML

Aydin Cetin - TUR - 33 - MC

Frank Paulus - GER - 30 - AMR

Hendrik Helmke - GER - 21 - AMRC

Kai Michalke - GER - 33 - AML

Jacob Sachs - GER - 23 - AML (ST)

Romano Lindner - GER - 24 - AMC

Marcel Schaaf - GER - 15 - AM/FC

Strikers

Thomas Brendel - GER - 33

Fabian Kolodzick - GER - 20

Bastian Henning - GER - 26

Yannick Reyering - GER - 24

Holger Hauk - GER - 14

Michael Kelm - GER - 15

So a full squad and a few reasonable players in there, I am pretty sure I will have to strengthen the side before I start the season, luckily I have 9k space under the wage budget and a bit of room to get the players I want. So now it is time to start working on the squad and I will leave you all to it. I will post my screenies to match this update with the Pre-Season update.

AD Fafe initial review.

AD Fafe chairman has offered unproven manager Max T a 2 year deal worth £625 a week

Founded in 1958 AD Fafe are a professional Portuguese club playing in the portuguese second division - Group A. The club Play there home games at Estadio Municipal dos Desportos and possess average training facilities and a very basic youth setup.

Although Fafe are enduring a thirteen yer barren spell, having not won a competition since 1996 when they won the first divison in 1996.

Squad review

Goalkeepers

Pedro Gomes

Paulo Freitas

Carneiro

Fullbacks & Wingbacks

Primo

Rui Nogueira

Ricardo Jorge

Andre

Centre Backs

Rui Ribeiro

Joao Pedro

Midfeilders

Francisco Fernandes

Wingers & Attacking Midfeiders

Zeze

Victor Borges

Kita

Dani

Striker

Armando

with no tansfer budget the signing will be free agents and loan. my first port of call will be to sign a leftback a centreback and a striker and some new backroom staff.

Max

sky_sports_news.jpg

*** EXCLUSIVE ***

"So Richard, you've agreed to take over at Real Oviedo. What made you join the club?"

"Well, first off, i'd like to thank the chairman for giving me this opportuinity. It's a club i have a strong bond with, having managed them a few years ago. i had a good time then, and so i jumped at the opportuinity to come back. You only have to look at the stadium to see what a sleeping giant this club is, and the fans here are fantastic. if they can't inspire this team to reach the top i don't know what will. i see Oviedo as being similar in a number of respects to Como, where i had a great time, and i hope i can repeat the success i had there here in Spain."

"What has the chairman given you to do the job?"

"Well, he's been great. he only wants us to avoid relegation, which i have said we will do. I haven't much money, about £7,000 for transfers and i have a surplus wage budget of £7,000 per week. it will be tight with the money, but we love that don't we?"

"What about the squad. Will you look to strengthen?"

"we have a decent squad at the moment, but it is a bit thin on the ground. We have a great striker in Jorge Rodriguez, who is wanted by a number of clubs already. and i think Mario Prieto could have a huge impact on our season. we will need to strengthen though so i might have to wheel and deal a bit."

"thank you Richard. So, will he bring success to the Estadio Carlos Tartiere, and put Real Oviedo back where they belong? we shall see."

how is everybodys games going AD Fafe are currently drawing in there first freindly 1-1 against o. moscavide

i'll be cracking on with pre-season tonight. only manged to progress a week last night and a lot of time was spent scouting players. already signed a few good players though!! :D can't wait to finish work and get home to play some more.....

Archived