JoseRR's FM09 Big Euro Nation Challenge!

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Des - sounds like you need that promotion!! that might lead to bigger crowds, which leads to more money. that or another cup run.

Flashman - good luck with Portugalete. I'm really intrigued by your challenge and am looking forward to seeing how you go. maybe you can get Bilbao as a parent club and add to the depth that way a little. good luck

max - sure you'll manage promotion ;)

After one day in the job and this:

http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h179/Dorkleader/Tycoon.jpg

Hopefully if this happens then i will keep my job and be awarded with a small bit of money :D

i wouldn't mind a bit of that!! i know a lovely little club in Paris if anyone out there is interested in buying one..... ;)

i cant decide wether to sell my star player andrea censori for 200k upfront and 1ook after 24 months

with the club already set to make 90k from transfers of our young starlets witch will take us out of the red and into the black.

should i negotiate higher and try and get 500k plus for hime or shall i keep him another year and see what happens

http://http://i279.photobucket.com/albums/kk150/maax1994/AndreaCensori.jpg

i cant decide wether to sell my star player andrea censori for 200k upfront and 1ook after 24 months

with the club already set to make 90k from transfers of our young starlets witch will take us out of the red and into the black.

should i negotiate higher and try and get 500k plus for hime or shall i keep him another year and see what happens

http://http://i279.photobucket.com/albums/kk150/maax1994/AndreaCensori.jpg

1. do you need the money?

2. have you a ready made replacement?

3. do you want to sell him?

unless the answer is yes to all 3 i wouldn't sell. and if you want to, try for more money + future fee.

Des Tiny's Commentary Update

Ben - Lyon as a parent club, good god, thats a huge coup, hopefully it helps you out. Though I have found in Europe they won't even send their Youth to me.

Unlucky dropping to 16th end of the season, but at least you stayed up and hopefully you can improve into next year. All I want is your transfer budget.

Rlipscombe - Jealous of Ben much, haha, good to see you are enjoying France.

I would be happy mid-table as well in France, I am just frustrated with my squad being soo close but not pushing on. I hope you can keep it up. I must say I love the look of Donzelot, looks as good as Kipulo.

Hopefully you can improve in the next season and put in a title challenge and give yourself a chance at promotion.

TanO - Monsanto look like a good club, except for the debt issue, as for no money for transfers, don't worry about that. I never spend a cent on my squads. In Europe if you see a player you like shortlist him, and when his contract comes up steal him.

Congrats on avoiding the drop, its generally the hardest part in that first season, but if you can scout Central Europe do it looking for Under 25s (especially those coming off contract soon).

Max - Congrats on being top and gaining promotion, looks like you have compiled a great team in Italy. I have fond memories from last year, I also managed Casale for about a season.

As for selling the star player, I will never sell unless there is someone out there who can replace him for less money (preferably off a free) and if not then never sell.

Flashman - Welcome aboard with your all Basque team, be interesting to see how it goes.

Jose - When will you be joining us in this celebration of European Football?

And as for myself I am about to reload my game and play through the offseason and see what I can do about fixing my strikers problems. As for the finances if I go down the toilet as I see coming very quickly then I will fight adminstration as far as I can, hopefully someone bails me out though.

Des Tiny's AD Fafe Youth Update

Player 1a - Vitor Henriques - POR - AMC

July 2010

July 2011

|   Season    | Squad | Games | Goals | Assists | MoM | Avg Rat |
|-------------|-------|-------|-------|---------|-----|---------|
|   2010/11   |  U19s |  19   |   1   |    2    |  0  |  6.38   |
|             | Senior|   2   |   0   |    0    |  0  |  6.40   |
|   2011/12   |       |       |       |         |     |         |

Had an average season, but with my senior AMC's retiring at the end of this season he will play back-up for the squad this time around.

Player 1b - Jose Antunes - POR - AMC

July 2010

July 2011

|   2010/11   |  U19s |  22   |   3   |    0    |  1  |  6.19   |

I think Antunes was very average though he did pick up three goals on the season, will be a wait and see policy with him, tempted to give him another season in the U19s with several starts in the seniors, but he may head out to Imortal.

Player 2a - Paulo Fonseca - POR - AMC/FC

July 2011

Looks an absolute gem for the team, and his potential is to be as good as Martinho (My current No.1 Striker), so he is definitely one to watch.

Player 2a - Ricardo Nunes - POR - D/MR

July 2011

I don't think Nunes is really the best of the rest, but I just love the way his stats are turned out for him to play on the wing, but the coaches don't rate him at all.

2011/12 Des Tiny's Fafe

Off Season Update

2010/11 Wrap-up

First I need to wrap up the end of season awards, AD Fafe managed to actually pinch a few this time around. Here they are:

Signing of the Season 2010/11 Runner-up: Jonathan

Highest Average Rating: Kipulo 7.23 (31 apps)

Fans Player of the Year: Kipulo

2DA Team of the Year - Kipulo (DL) & Rodrigues (DC)

These awards clearly show that defense is my strength, now I am working on my strike force

Best XI's

Best XI 2010/11 - Freitas (GK), Jonathan (DR), Kipulo (DL), Mendonca (DC), Rodrigues (DC), Ernesto (MR), Ruben (ML), Fernandos (DM), Nelsinho (AM), Martinho (ST), Bozic (ST) & Subs: Ivo (GK), Ricardo (DC), Braga (AMRC), Viera (MRL), Toninho (ST), Tiago (DRC), Cafu (ST)

Best XI Overall - Ivo (GK), Primo (DR), Kipulo (DL), Mendonca (DC), Rodrigues (DC), Ernesto (MR), Viera (ML), Fernandos (DM), Dunga (DM), Martinho (ST), Santana (ST) & Subs: Freitas (GK), Jonathan (DR), Ruben (ML), Hernani (AM), Djalmir (ST), Ricardo (DC), Bozic (ST)

Some Interesting Fafe Facts

Last year I did a home vs away comparison over several seasons, I shall do it again this time around.

|  Season  | Phase | Home Record | Away Record | Home Goals | Away Goals |
|----------|-------|-------------|-------------|------------|------------|
| 2009/10  |  1st  |    7-3-1    |    3-2-6    |    23-11   |   11-17    |
|          |  Pro  |    4-0-1    |    2-2-1    |    11-5    |    5-3     |
| 2010/11  |  1st  |    6-3-2    |    4-3-4    |    16-9    |   12-11    |
|          |  Pro  |    1-1-3    |    2-3-0    |     6-6    |    5-2     |
|----------|-------|-------------|-------------|------------|------------|

Looking at that I am generally better at home, except in that final Promotion stage this latest season, so I need to work on that and then I will be home & hosed, I think I was too attacking and need to rein that in a little. Also in the second season my goalscoring was a lot slimmer. Comparing in total Season 1 I was 50-36, and in season 2: 37-28, so while I stopped more goals against me it also affected my team at the other end. So goalscoring is mission number 1.

Finances

As for the Finances I have been bailed out twice at 150k a go, but when the club is 500k in the red that is not going to help at all. I think they are just fighting off Administration for me, steadily going down other than that. I am losing about 300k a season, about 25k a month and seemingly while in the lower league there is nothing I can do about it, so getting my guys scoring goals and getting promotion is goal number 1.

2011/12 Where to from here

After another season of close, but no cigar I wanted to try and stay as true to the team as I could, so I made a lot less changes and here are the seasons personal changes in July:

In

Borja - 19 - AND - ST - A great player for the future when I start to lose my older wingers I am using currently.

Rachid Bouallal - 23 - MAR - AMRL/ST - I expect him to step into any one of the three positions by the end of this season, he is also here to help el Bahri fit in as he was having trouble, but is adjusting well now.

Johan Carrasso - 23 - FRA - GK - This guy just looks amazing in goal and I think he is the final piece to cover IVo, who I believe will now be out of the picture following a poor performance compared to the younger guys last season.

I also tried to pick up:

Enzo Rousset - 19 -FRA - MC - An excellent steal from Red Star 93, I needed an extra midfielder and this guy looks like the business.

But he got stolen by CSKA Sofia

Out

Hernani - He was getting on at 29 and I decided to just get rid of him and try out some fresh blood, sad to lose my captain, but he wasn't performing.

Nelsinho - As above at 31 he was past it.

Kita - He had only ever been a back-up for my side and now was the time to send him away.

Santana - At 32 he was past it and putting him out to pasture was a good idea.

Leitao - At 37 he decided to retire is now looking for a coaching job.

Looking at this I have kept my wages flat at 10k, while telling the board I will challenge for the title again and they have given me a wage budget of 14k and again a transfer budget of 2k.

International Players

Jonathan managed to feature in one more game for Venezula so I will update you on his international career. He has also been called up for the Copa America so I will be watching that intensely.

|----------|-------|-------|---------|-----|---------|
|  Season  | Games | Goals | Assists | MoM | Avg Rat |
| 2010/11  |  2(2) |   0   |    1    |  0  |  7.13   |
| 2011/12  |  0    |   0   |    0    |  0  |         |
|----------|-------|-------|---------|-----|---------|

Games

|  Opponent & Result | Goals | Assists | MoM | Avg Rat | Sub Time |
|--------------------|-------|---------|-----|---------|----------|  
| vs Martinique  1-1 |   0   |    0    |  0  |  6.90   |   on 68  |
| at Nthlds Ant  3-0 |   0   |    1    |  0  |  7.50   |  sub 76  |
| at St Martin   0-2 |   0   |    0    |  0  |  ----   |   on 90  |
| vs US Virgin   3-0 |   0   |    0    |  0  |  7.00   |  sub 77  |

Des - some decent signings there. Borja looks like he might be decent, Bouallal looks a decent winger and the keeper looks pretty good. As for Rousset, i could do with a few of those at Red Star!!! :D would have been a great player, and instantly my favourite Fafe player.... but it was not to be..... i'd love to be able to scout in Europe, but not to be so far.....

Good luck with the finances....

Great update once more by the way.

2011/12 Des Tiny's Fafe

Pre-Season Update

I had already decided on a big policy of rotation in the pre-season as I wanted to try out every combination and also check out my new players whle at the same time trying to get some cohesion in the squad, and hopefully lift morale. In saying this I booked in eight friendlies between July 27th & August 19th. So first up I had Naval back for their second visit to Fafe after I thrashed them 3-0 two seasons ago.

Pre-Season Results

vs Naval             0-1

vs Ac. Viseu         2-0  MoM: Freitas
Freitas (17), Borja (90+3)

at Imortal           1-0  MoM: Jonathan
Cafu (12)

at Pescadores        3-0  MoM: Martinho
Martinho (26,46,54)

at Pinhalnovense     1-0  MoM: Martinho
Martinho (90+3)

vs Real Sociedad "B" 4-0  MoM: Bozic
Borja (11), Bozic (17,72)

at U. Santarem       2-0  MoM: Tiago
Ruben (24), Tiago (75)

vs Avanca            1-0  MoM: Borja
Toninho (85)

vs Beira-Mar MG      1-0  MoM: Bozic
Bozic (31)

I was absolutely delighted with those results, only one goal allowed in 8 matches and scoring 15, I could not ask for more, except maybe a bit of consistency which is still slightly lacking upfront. But the teams morale is up after that, which is what I needed. So I have expectations myself of gaining promotion this season, the board only wanted a Mid-Table finish and betting puts me at 8-1 (mid-table) and the media predict I will finish 7th. That is just unacceptable, so my team will be going for it from the start to try and wrap up a title before we are promoted.

Players to watch this season

Martinho - Should be the number 1 goalscorer again, hopefully getting more than last season.

Bozic - The new man upfront looks to match Martinho goal for goal.

Kipulo - Fans Player of the Year last season and the new club captain, can he keep it up?

Frietas - Will most likely be the number one goalie, but with stiff competition this season.

Jonathan - He is my pick to star this season, he has everything in the right places, the defense is a rock with him on the park. And adding another international cap in the Copa America.

| at Mexico      0-2 |   0   |    0    |  0  |  ----   |   on 76  |

Rubens - The left winger has no one really challenging for his spot so should run away in this place.

Borja - This guy has to be the signing of the offseason, I can't wait to see him in action down the right wing.

Des - some decent signings there. Borja looks like he might be decent, Bouallal looks a decent winger and the keeper looks pretty good. As for Rousset, i could do with a few of those at Red Star!!! would have been a great player, and instantly my favourite Fafe player.... but it was not to be..... i'd love to be able to scout in Europe, but not to be so far.....

Good luck with the finances....

Great update once more by the way.

I love my new signings, was gutted to not pick up the guy from Red Star, but there will be others. The finances do worry me a little bit, but everytime I get down to -500k the board injects more money so that is keeping me from bankruptcy.

As for my updates I think they get better the more I am enjoying a game, and I must say this team has me hooked like Domegliara and Darfo Boario did in FM08 so I have high hopes for it and the quality of my updates.

2011/12 Des Tiny's Fafe

Pre-Season Update

I had already decided on a big policy of rotation in the pre-season as I wanted to try out every combination and also check out my new players whle at the same time trying to get some cohesion in the squad, and hopefully lift morale. In saying this I booked in eight friendlies between July 27th & August 19th. So first up I had Naval back for their second visit to Fafe after I thrashed them 3-0 two seasons ago.

Pre-Season Results

vs Naval             0-1

vs Ac. Viseu         2-0  MoM: Freitas
Freitas (17), Borja (90+3)

at Imortal           1-0  MoM: Jonathan
Cafu (12)

at Pescadores        3-0  MoM: Martinho
Martinho (26,46,54)

at Pinhalnovense     1-0  MoM: Martinho
Martinho (90+3)

vs Real Sociedad "B" 4-0  MoM: Bozic
Borja (11), Bozic (17,72)

at U. Santarem       2-0  MoM: Tiago
Ruben (24), Tiago (75)

vs Avanca            1-0  MoM: Borja
Toninho (85)

vs Beira-Mar MG      1-0  MoM: Bozic
Bozic (31)

I was absolutely delighted with those results, only one goal allowed in 8 matches and scoring 15, I could not ask for more, except maybe a bit of consistency which is still slightly lacking upfront. But the teams morale is up after that, which is what I needed. So I have expectations myself of gaining promotion this season, the board only wanted a Mid-Table finish and betting puts me at 8-1 (mid-table) and the media predict I will finish 7th. That is just unacceptable, so my team will be going for it from the start to try and wrap up a title before we are promoted.

Players to watch this season

Martinho - Should be the number 1 goalscorer again, hopefully getting more than last season.

Bozic - The new man upfront looks to match Martinho goal for goal.

Kipulo - Fans Player of the Year last season and the new club captain, can he keep it up?

Frietas - Will most likely be the number one goalie, but with stiff competition this season.

Jonathan - He is my pick to star this season, he has everything in the right places, the defense is a rock with him on the park. And adding another international cap in the Copa America.

| at Mexico      0-2 |   0   |    0    |  0  |  ----   |   on 76  |

Rubens - The left winger has no one really challenging for his spot so should run away in this place.

Borja - This guy has to be the signing of the offseason, I can't wait to see him in action down the right wing.

i like the look of Bozic - hopefully he can help with the goals up front. Kipulo is still looking quality and will excel once more i reckon. Jonathan looks a good RB and will do well for you if you play him, no doubt. Ruben is a solid winger and should do well. As for Borja, it seems he's playing better than his stats suggest. I don't really see how he can do so well on the wing, but hey, what do i know!! :D

i know what you mean about the quality of posts being linked to how much you enjoy the game. I was like that with Como, and i think i'll be heading that way with Red Star too. Enjoying the challenge, although it's a lot harder than Como was. might take a little longer to get up those leagues!!

20010/11 G D R Monsanto End of Season Update

Monsanto avoid the drop for a second season !

A much better season for Monsanto saw us finish 7th in the 1st phase of the league, one place short of promotion playoffs. This was mostly down to a lack of form in february that saw us concede 10 goals in four games, caused by the chairman accepting a bid of zero for our best central defender who I had signed pre-season. His reasoning - the offer was too good to refuse ! It did reduce the wages by £100 though so maybe that was his justification.

This decision was possibly one of the reasons behind an election for a new chairman of the club. Joao Novais won this in a landslide victory and gave me his full backing, he's also arranged a bank loan of £900,000 that has taken us out of debt and even given me a small transfer budget to play with.

We played well in the relegation playoffs to avoid the drop with a game in hand and Tiago Melo was voted player of the year for the second season. Next year I am going to give him the responsibility of captain, and hope he can lead us into promotion playoffs.

My new formation is this and its working really well, with the ability to switch back to a 4-5-1 if defending a lead in the final stages. Still can't scout outside portugal and can't get more than 1 coach, scout or physio but hopefully that will change under the new chairman.

great update TanO. congrats on staying up again. hopefullt you might make it into the promotion play-offs this season! Tiago Melo looks a decent player - hopefully he will flourish as captain.

i like the addition of the elections - certainly make it interesting!! A little transfer budget must be nice too.

good look for the new campaign.

http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h179/Dorkleader/Newboard.jpg

and so its completed' date=' at first the board didn't cough up any money for transfers, but i decided to ask for some (despite not really being able to spend any on anyone) and they duly delivered with £2.33m...happy days![/quote']

congrats flashman - i'd love a bit of that!! for you in your challenge, i'd say that the investment in the training and youth facilities are more important for you. hopefully you'll develop a few gems...

2011/12 Des Tiny's Fafe

Mid Season Update

Well following the great form in friendlies all I could hope for was for it to continue into the season, I was extremely worried when first game up we went into the half 2-0 down, but we came back to steal a draw in that game.

Our first cup game of the season came early and we set the pace with a 5-0 thrashing of a lower league club, we then followed this up in the third round with a 3-0 thrashing of a second lower league club, 4th round here we come.

October: A Month of Fafe

In October we managed to win all three games and put on a good performance while doing it, this resulted in a near sweep of the awards for the division:

Player of the Month - Braga, Runner-up Martinho

Manager of the Month - Des Tiny (3 wins)

Goal of the Month - 2nd Braga

So we made it to the half way point of the season with an awesome record of 8 wins 3 draws and 0 losses, it looked good for Fafe with us 7 points clear at the top of the table. In the process our Strikers had got their Mojo together and the club had scored 23 goals in these eleven games, and the defense was working as well having only allowed 6. Fafe has not lost in 13 straight league games dating back to 2010/11 & 15 competitive fixtures back to the same date. Attendance is up and the strikers are scoring, I am exactly where I want to be.

Individually there were some clear stars, Pedro Freitas who has not allowed a goal in the last 503 minutes of football, Bozic who has 9 goals & 9 assists in 11 appearances, Martinho with 7 goals in 12(1) appearances & Braga who has 6 goals in 11(2) appearances.

All around a good start from AD Fafe in 2011/12 may it continue. (No screenshots this time, if you want to see anything just ask as always.)

Was just looking through the Spanish League, and I saw......... ANDORRA!!! in group 17.

Although I was competing as Wales in Gundo's, albiet rather poorly, My PC has experienced problems. However when it's fixed, I may consider giving up the Gundo's game for the chance to manage Andorra FC up the league, Although it could take an awful long time to get them to be promoted, I reckon it'd be worth it.

This is a great challenge, and i once again re-iterate as i did many times during the 08 version, I'd love to complete it!

Money making tie it is fifth round again FC Pacos de Ferreira currently 10th in Liga Sagres (Portuguese Prem league) so hopefully I can turn that one into a bit of dough, though the board appear to have stopped saving the club, I am now about 600k in the red, but if I can just fight through to the end of the season and gain promotion then its on for young and old.

I am the new manager of Rayonnaise. Apparently they have always been in the shadow of rival club Hellmans (sorry bad joke)

http://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u181/Yababo/raonnaisepersonal.jpg

We have a small stadium and no money let the fun begin.

Welcome aboard, and I hope you have a great time in this challenge, it has become my home away from home, I have decided I love the big country feel with the little clubs we have.

Des Tiny's Fafe Portuguese Cup Update

I am heading into the 5th round of the cup, I am currently 8 points clear in the league. AD Fafe are on a 21 game streak without a loss which equates to 2 Promotion League Games in 2010/11, 3 Portuguese Cup Games in 2011/12 & 16 League Games in 2011/12. I could see all of this crumble around me as I face P Ferreira (Liga Sagres) in the 5th Round of the Cup, I am going to send the boys out to a rousing speech culminating in "Boys this is the biggest game of your lives, I want you to do it for the FANS!"

C'mon FAFE!!! BOZ IC BOZ IC BOZIC!!! A D FAFE!!!

Des Tiny's Fafe Halftime Report

Heading into halftime the game is an absolute stalemate. Surprising all the critics AD Fafe have managed to control the ball holding 58% possession, though unable to get a single shot on target. The only Clear Chance of the first half went to Vieira who managed to put it off the cross bar and out for a goal kick. AD Fafe have really played the ball around and the 3,729 fans who have turned up to watch have been in for a real treat, now its time to cross back live to the pitch for the second half.

Des Tiny's Fafe Goal Update

In the 78th minute a great tackle by Bozic followed by a deft pass into space put Martinho away one-on-one with the goalie he stepped off his left and slammed it home with his right into the bottom left corner of the goal, and the whole crowd are on their feet going wild, AD FAFE HAVE THE LEAD!!! MARTINHO has given them the chance of a lifetime.

Des Tiny's Fafe Amazing Victory Count 1

Leaving the team on the park with 12 minutes to go, I put the faith in them to hold it together and pull off the momentus victory. The opposition were fighting right to the end, with 5 minutes to go they changed to a 2-4-4, which meant I was under a huge amount of pressure, Freitas withstood it all including 3 one-on-ones clearing the ball back up the field for AD Fafe to take the victory and progress to the 6th round of the Portuguese cup and keep the now 22 game unbeaten streak alive. But by god those were the longest 4 minutes of injury time in my life.

Interestingly I was only 10-1 against...so the odds weren't as bad as I thought haha.

So in the sixth round I have drawn another Liga Sagres team in Maritimo, now they are currently ranked 4th, P Ferreira are currently 9th, so it will mean stepping it up again, but personally I think with the way the club are playing right now anything is possible. And my star players WILL get another cup game :)

Archived