JoseRR's FM09 Big Euro Nation Challenge!

Just had this absolutely amazing result against Mickey Owen's FC Bayern in the German Cup Semi Final. Roll on the final.

wow! :eek: Great work el sid, good luck in the final!

Just got back into playing as Messina this morning after a week or so away from the game. I load the game up and a week down the line I get this news:

Wants out!

Aitor Profile

Personal Info

He's my best player and I don't really want to let him go... thoughts anyone?!

I think I may have to plump for the biggest bid I can get, plus a 50% sell on clause!

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just played out a 1-1 draw with Valencia in the first leg of the Champions League at the Zentralstadion. Ever Banega and Gustavo Cabral were the scorers. They had this greyed out goalkeeper who was so good, it was almost unfair :(

Inter have thrashed Liverpool 3-0 in the other semifinal at the San Siro

Just got back into playing as Messina this morning after a week or so away from the game. I load the game up and a week down the line I get this news:

Wants out!

Aitor Profile

Personal Info

He's my best player and I don't really want to let him go... thoughts anyone?!

I think I may have to plump for the biggest bid I can get' date=' plus a 50% sell on clause![/quote']

He has 3 years left in his contract so I'd still keep him if I were you.

My first trophy :

Millions around the world tuned in to see Sachsen Leipzig play Hannover 96 in the German Cup Final. The final itself proved to be an interesting match. Coloccini gave Sachsen the lead with a rising shot from the edge of the box. It was soon followed by a goal from Marquinhos, who passed it into the net from Ben Foster's pass. It was 2-0 at half time :thup:

The Second half began much like the first, which shots a rarity. Alberto Paloschi had a chance to make the score 3-0 but his header hit the crossbar. Hannover then hit Sachsen on the break, with Caiuby scoring making it 2-1. Paloschi then connected properly with a header in injury time and scored, but he was judged to be offside by the linesman. That proved to be the last shot of the match, as Sachsen Leipzig closed out the match 2-1 and gave their manager Hugo Siddy his first ever title. :cool:

The match itself

Up next is the champions league semifinal second leg against Valencia, updates as they happen.

Wtf! I'm baffled before the match has even started. Glen Johnson is starting as the striker for Valencia :eek: :confused: David Villa is injured. And I thought him playing as the right winger in the first leg was strange :confused: Could be in for an interesting match here.

10 min : Glen Johnson runs on to a perfectly weighted pass from David Silva and shoots! However, it goes closer to the corner flag than to the goal. He is really looking like a fish outta water playing as striker.

19 min : Silva takes a shot from way out, which just flashes over the bar.

35 min : Johnson shoots and this time it is on target but Ben Foster saves it and pushes it around for a corner.

39 min : GOAL! Marquinhos, it's that man again! Albiol had taken a knock and was on the ground, so Marquinhos had no own picking him and he slots it home and makes it 1-0.

43 min : Banega scores for Valencia but he was miles offside. Freekick to us.

45 min : Paloschi is injured and has to come off. Stachel comes on to replace him.

Half time. It is still 1-0 to the visitors.

46 min : Foster makes a good save to deny Tissone.

59 min : Goal for Valencia. Sissoko scores from a David Silva cross to make it 1-1 (2-2 on aggregate).

80 min : Vershinin takes a shot, but it floats harmlessly over the bar.

86 min : Subotic misses a 7/10 chance to put Valencia in front.

88 min : Manuel Fernandes hits the woodwork from a David Silva cross. So close!

4 mins added on.

Nothing of note happens in those 4 minutes. We're going into extra time.

103 min : Vershinin blasts one over the bar again!

Half time in extra time, and we're still tied.

112 min : Marquinhos gets an effort on goal, but the greyed out keeper saves it.

115 min : ^ the same thing happens again! :mad:

119 min : Subotic this time gets one on target for Valencia, but Foster saves it.

Extra time is up, we're going into penalties now.

The match ends, finally

Bad luck el sid. Nice to get the first major trophy in the bag.

Walcott/'s Wonderkids - try offering him to clubs for an inflated fee, when no one makes an offer he will then probably want to stay again.

I'm going to crank up my Domegliara game again, didn't play yesterday. I'm missing Pastore!

Now I remember why I had the day off. We're not playing well. I think it may be as a result of having to change the size of the pitch because of Champions League football. I went from having an incredibly wide pitch, to a small one.

Right, a 4-1 defeat to Inter is hardly the perfect build-up to my Quarter-final clash against Sampdoria, but it's the only preparation I have. So on we go.

Kick-off

34 mins - GOAL! Hansen picks up a pass from Velardi on the edge of the area, turns, and puts into the bottom corner. 1-0

Half-time

82 mins - GOAL! Velardi picks up the ball on the edge of the area shoots with real venom, it strikes the underside of the bar and goes in. 2-0

Full-time

Domegliara are into the semi-finals of the Coppa Italia for the first time in their history.

Drawn against A.C. Milan - it's tough, but last season proved I can beat them.

Right, sorry for the multiple posts, but I've got a dilemma. Those of you with good memories may remember Igor Sviridov, the Russian centre-back who spent 6 months with me before being taken for huge money by A.C. Milan. Well I have the option of bringing him back to Domegliara for £1.4M. He's got worse at Milan, but only because he has never been played. Is it worth it?

Right, sorry for the multiple posts, but I've got a dilemma. Those of you with good memories may remember Igor Sviridov, the Russian centre-back who spent 6 months with me before being taken for huge money by A.C. Milan. Well I have the option of bringing him back to Domegliara for £1.4M. He's got worse at Milan, but only because he has never been played. Is it worth it?

Have you got a screenshot of what he's like now? To me, it all depends on his wages as to whether to bring him back or not.

I can put one up, but he has already returned. He's a more than decent back-up and at only £1.4M if he hadn't played for me in the past I would not have thought twice about it. So I bit the bullet and brought him back to the club. I'm making a habit of it!

el sid - Congratulations! :)

Right. 1st Leg of my Champions League tie against Benfica coming up. Away first. I'd like a score draw minimum to take back to Domegliara Stadium.

32 mins - Penalty to Domegliara

32 mins - Mariani steps up, and . . . Scores! 0-1 Domegliara!

35 mins - GOAL! Benfica equalise. 1-1

Half-time 1-1

52 mins - GOAL! Benfica take the lead. 2-1

56 mins - Claudio Di Mauro clean through, one on with the keeper, curls the ball, and hits the post.

65 mins - Benfica score again. This is going from bad to worse. Will take a massive effort at home after this.

78 mins - Il Nuovi Rossoneri back in this game as a woeful piece of defending ends in an on goal. 3-2

Full-time 3-2

A 1-0, or 2-1 victory at home would see us through. They deserved the win though, so something will have to be done differently.

Time for the second leg.

22 mins - GOAL! Novello scores with a header (bizarrely). As it stands Domegliara go through on away goals.

Half Time - 1-0

90+3 mins - GOAL! A cross comes in from the left and the defender, under pressure from the forward puts it into his own net. The defender? Daniele Braca, a former Domegliara player. 2-0

Full-Time 2-0 and 4-3 on aggregate. Domegliara are through to the Quarter-Finals. (And what a cracking prediction from el sid!)

All the best mate, I predict a 2-0 win :thup:

Are you a bit psychic? See above!

The draw for the quarter-finals has taken place and pitted me against the German giants Bayern Munich.

A few more awards :

Marquinhos - Top Scorer

John Fleck - German Goal of the season (I think I mentioned this goal previously in this thread)

Jochen Stachel - Players' Midfielder of the year

Hugo Siddy - Manager of the year

Hugo Siddy - Players' manager of the year

Gustavo Cabral, Marquinhos, Jochen Stachel - Team of the year

A full end of season report with screenshots will come sometime tomorrow since it is around 1:30 AM here :D

Really quick answer required:

I can at the moment sign a 30 year old Steve Mandanda on a free transfer, but I already have Craig Gordon, Ben Foster and Silviu Lung Jr as goalkeepers. Should I sign him and sell 2 of the rest or should I not sign him?

Really quick answer required:

I can at the moment sign a 30 year old Steve Mandanda on a free transfer, but I already have Craig Gordon, Ben Foster and Silviu Lung Jr as goalkeepers. Should I sign him and sell 2 of the rest or should I not sign him?

How good is he in relation to the others. Would he be first choice? 2nd? 3rd? 4th!?

How old are Gordon, Foster and Lung Jr at your stage.

At 30 Mandanda should have a good 4 more years in him.

How much do you think you could get for two of the others combined?

Do you need the money?

Ok, I've got a match against Palermo coming up and they haven't re-arranged it, despite the fact that 10 players are away on international duty. This coupled with the fact that I have 3 more first teamers out injured, it doesn't look like I'm going to turn around my season in this match, and pull out of the disappointing 9th position in which I find myself.

How good is he in relation to the others. Would he be first choice? 2nd? 3rd? 4th!?

How old are Gordon, Foster and Lung Jr at your stage.

At 30 Mandanda should have a good 4 more years in him.

How much do you think you could get for two of the others combined?

Do you need the money?

First choice I think

32,32 and 25

Around 3-4 million

Wouldn't mind some extra money

I'm getting him :cool:

Definitely get him.

I amazingly managed to win my game against Palermo. It was a triumph of mind over matter. I went in with only 4 subs (all the players I had left over). I went a goal down before half-time. Suffered three more injuries requiring substitution, only for 19 year-old debutant to score a winner in the 93rd of 93 minutes, after an own-goal had levelled the game up in the 63rd. A stunningly brave performance from the team. This was the situation just after he goal went in.

Phew. Well that's that obstacle bypassed, a win in the following game, helped the team's confidence, and now we're all set to welcome Bayern Munich to Domegliara Stadium. We need a strong showing at home, I don't fancy our chances of picking much up in Germany.

Here we go again!

6 mins - Bayern score. 0-1. Oops!

Half-time

Full-time - 0-1

Gonna need something in Munich.

Here goes the return leg.

7 mins - Penalty to Bayern - they score - 1-0

16 mins - Bayern score again. - 2-0. It's as good as over. It's been a fun ride. Further than I thought I'd get.

20 mins - GOAL! Pastore pulls one back. 2 more goals would put us through as it stands.

Half-time 2-1. Two goals in the second half. That's just about feasible.

67 mins - Bayern net a third.

Full-time - 3-1 and Domegliara's European dream ends with a whimper.

daemonic - Congrats on promotion!

el sid - Congrats on the league win! Unlucky against Valencia.

PRDH - Good going in Europe there. Mabye a miracle in Germany is possible? :)

I'm on my best run of results ever I think, in any save I've played. We're running away with the league if this keeps up. We barely managed 2-1 against Inter at home though, so Champions League will be a bit of a coin toss again when the big teams come up in later rounds.

Aww that's to bad, but a good season in Europe still. Next year you'll go even further.

Yea the friendlies are nice. I always go to the Faroe Islands on a tour of 4 games as soon as it's possible to do so. Really helps the morale I think. Mabye it's just in my head, but it's fun to see how big a result we can get aswell. Just had 11 of my backup players / youngsters beat the crap out of St. Etienne away in Coup de la Ligue 6-2. I'm really liking the squad we got now.

Aww that's to bad, but a good season in Europe still. Next year you'll go even further.

Yea the friendlies are nice. I always go to the Faroe Islands on a tour of 4 games as soon as it's possible to do so. Really helps the morale I think. Mabye it's just in my head, but it's fun to see how big a result we can get aswell. Just had 11 of my backup players / youngsters beat the crap out of St. Etienne away in Coup de la Ligue 6-2. I'm really liking the squad we got now.

I may well try it myself. At the moment it's looking uncertain whether I'll even make the UEFA Cup. So I'll have to rebuild.

[edit] - Meanwhile, a 2-0 victory against Milan in the 2nd leg of the semi-final means that Domegliara are going to the Coppa Italia final.

Just managed a 3-3 draw at the old San Siro against Inter Milan giving us the top spot in our group. Hopefully meaning a good draw for the knockout stages. 24 games unbeated this season now, new record.

Simon Vukcevic have really been worth his price. He's scored the winner in 3 away league games in a row with cracking free-kicks and long shots. Just got a minor injury in the last one though, out for 7-9 days.

Table after 19 games (half way). I dunno what to say really, I've never had such a great run with any team I've managed in this version of the game. I'm thrilled. I guess having 90% of the same players in the first team for 2-3 seasons now is helping alot. Hope we can keep it up. In the Champions League we're gonna play Zenit of Russia in the 1st knockout round. Very good draw. Now I'm gonna sleep.

Sachsen Leipzig end of season report : "We've done the double"!

Firstly, my squad with their stats for the season and transfers.

First Division :

Starting off at a good pace, we quickly moved into top gear, and top spot, very soon in the league and kept ourselves there without any major hiccups until the end of the season. We were defeated a few more times in the second half of the season, but we had done enough in the first part to keep ourselves infront.

League Table :thup:

German Cup :

For the first ever time, Sachsen Leipzig got past the Second round of the German Cup. This victory inspired the lads to rattle past three other teams before meeting Bayern Munich in the semi final. This amazing result happened, leaving us to play Hannover 96 in the final. We beat them 2-1 in the final, and it was my first trophy as manager.

German Cup Final :thup:

Europe :

First timers in the Champions League, and also in Europe, Sachsen Leipzig were not given much of a chance to progress beyond the group stage. However, playing as the underdog seems to inspire the men to achieve further heights as we qualified 2nd from our group behind Real Madrid.

Group Stages

Marseille were then brushed aside in the round of 16, and 2 brilliant games followed as defending champions Man Utd were knocked out by the first timers from Germany. Valencia were the semi final opponents, and they proved to be just a little bit strong enough, progressing on penalties.

Champions League

Euro Cup

Playing in Europe has also considerably improved our finances, as the screenie shows. We now have a balance of more than 65 million.

Next up is a better look at the squad and all the players.

Most used starting line up :

[url="http://i452.photobucket.com/albums/qq241/echosid/10Marquinhos-3.png"]Marquinhos[/url]           [url="http://i452.photobucket.com/albums/qq241/echosid/11AlbertoPaloschi.png"]Paloschi[/url]

[url="http://i452.photobucket.com/albums/qq241/echosid/16JohnFleck.png"]Fleck[/url]

[url="http://i452.photobucket.com/albums/qq241/echosid/8JochenStachel.png"]Stachel[/url]               [url="http://i452.photobucket.com/albums/qq241/echosid/13DiegoSuarez-2.png"]Suarez[/url]

[url="http://i452.photobucket.com/albums/qq241/echosid/19LorikCana.png"]Cana[/url]

[url="http://i452.photobucket.com/albums/qq241/echosid/3AshleyCole.png"]A.Cole[/url]                                      [url="http://i452.photobucket.com/albums/qq241/echosid/2Andreasztrk-2.png"]Ozturk[/url]
                                    [url="http://i452.photobucket.com/albums/qq241/echosid/25FabricioColoccini.png"]Coloccini[/url]        [url="http://i452.photobucket.com/albums/qq241/echosid/24GustavoCabral-4.png"]Cabral[/url]

[url="http://i452.photobucket.com/albums/qq241/echosid/1CraigGordon.png"]Gordon[/url]

Notable subs :

Ben Foster

Majd Younis

Vyacheslav Fedulov

Daniel Pacheco

Kyriakos Papadopoulos

Viktor Flottman

Pavel Vershinin

Areas to be strengthened for next season :

GK - Signed Mandanda on a free already

DC - Someone to partner Cabral. Coloccini is getting on a bit now

MC - Back up for Stachel/Suarez - Hopefully someone who can play either DMC or AMC also

Aims for this season :

1.) Get to the group stages of the Champions League - Yes

2.) Keep Marquinhos - Yes

3.) Keep Stachel - Yes

4.) Qualify for the Champions League through league finish - Yes

5.) Get past the Second Round in the German Cup :o - Yes, finally

Aims for next season :

1.) Win the league again

2.) Semifinal of German Cup

3.) Semifinal of Champions League

4.) Keep Marquinhos

5.) Concede fewer goals

Stunning season there Sid, now you just need to push for the Champs League. :)

Yes, that is true. Still not sure whether my team can compete with the big boys of Europe like Barca, Inter, Real, Man Utd or Chelsea. This season will tell if last season's win against Man Utd was an exception or the rule.

Yes, that is true. Still not sure whether my team can compete with the big boys of Europe like Barca, Inter, Real, Man Utd or Chelsea. This season will tell if last season's win against Man Utd was an exception or the rule.

Yeah those big teams are the problem. What happened to Bayern? They are a long way down the table in your game haha.

Yeah those big teams are the problem. What happened to Bayern? They are a long way down the table in your game haha.

Yes they are. Their only saving grace is their forward line consisting of Rafael Sobis and Diogo. The rest of the team is distinctly average. Further, they're being managed by a former Geordie and Scouser and a current Manc, so what else could you expect :D;)

Ohanzee - not muc hto say other than WOW!! stunning stuff. ifyou coulg keep that up to the end of the season.....

el sid - congrats again. fantastic achievement. god a really good team there. Marquinhos really is a star. i'm going to make a prediction here - i reckon you're in poleposition now to complete the challenge first (in terms of years in the game.....) i think myself and Ohanzee need to get the job done quick if we're going to beat you.....

Lower Leagues Rule - We won the title last season already when Lyon lost their second to last game and gave us the oportunity to win it in our last homegame. But the way this season is going I can afford to let the backup players and youngsters get some league games aswell. Last season I had to play my best team every game to keep up.

el sid - Grats on two trophies. Fleck havent been as good as I hoped. Have you tried putting him and Marquinhos on "swap-position"? Might create havoc :D

rlipscombe - Hehe, I think we'll have to win it this season if we are gonna have a shot. Like I said it's a bit of a coin-toss. When the big teams come up like Man Utd, Chelsea, Milan, Real, Barcelona etc, it's gonna be close at best. Like our group games against Inter we managed a 2-1 at home and 3-3 away. It's gonna be that close most likely. Either that or a extremely lucky road to the final.

el sid - congrats again. fantastic achievement. god a really good team there. Marquinhos really is a star. i'm going to make a prediction here - i reckon you're in poleposition now to complete the challenge first (in terms of years in the game.....) i think myself and Ohanzee need to get the job done quick if we're going to beat you.....

haha, that could be quite a moment ;)

el sid - Grats on two trophies. Fleck havent been as good as I hoped. Have you tried putting him and Marquinhos on "swap-position"? Might create havoc :D

Fleck hopefully would play better this season, although he primarily plays as AMC and as a result ends up with low ratings. And I did try swap for a few games, but Marquinhos isn't that affective at AMC. He dribbles way too much for my liking :D Also tried swapping him with Paloschi, but he played like a fish out of water at AMC.

Shipped out Paloschi to AC for 12.5 million and replaced him with Federico Laurito, signed for 18.5 million. Paloschi was unhappy for some reason :confused: I think it was because I rejected a enquiry from Juve.

Gonna be a long transferwindow here now. 2nd January and 10 players of the first eleven are wanted by Man Utd, Chelsea, Barcelona, Arsenal, Inter, Milan, etc. Arsenal just made the first bid of £20,1M for our italian striker Marcolini. Board didnt accept though, so I probably wont either. Might try proposing a higher fee and see what happens.'

(e) Real Madrid just bid £21M for winger van der Werff. And Barcelona £17,5M for the other winger Yoshimi. Le sigh.

I just lost the Coppa Italia final 1-0 v Roma. Injuries really have done for this season. I went into the final with all but 1 striker injured. It's so frustrating seeing the hard work ruined by injuries. Next season hopefully will be better.

Was looking through my manager's profile and a few things popped out at me :

1.) I have earned 1.5 million in earnings so far :cool:

2.) My reputation is now continental :cool:

3.) My playing mentality is adventurous

4.) I have a club/player loyalty rating of 5 :D

5.) And last, I have a domestic player bias rating of 3 :D But tbh I have only 3 Germans in my first team.

Aww that's unlucky PRDH. We've been lucky with injuries so far this season. Couple of minors of 7-9 days only on the first teamers.

el sid my profile is alot like that. 5 Club/Player loyalty here aswell. Funny as if it was up to me all my players would stay. But my moron chairman keeps selling the stars. I have a 20 in Hands on Approach, whatever that means exactly :D And 16 Tactical Consistency. The rest are below 10, including a 1 in Squad Disciplilne :rolleyes:

Looks like I'm waving goodby to van der Werff as my chairman accepted a £30,5M offer from Real Madrid. Karim Leccia will be happy though, he's likely gonna have to step in as first choice. I doubt I can find another winger wanting to join that's as good as Werff, but I will poke my scouts 'till they scream in agony for sure :p

Yoshimi is also unhappy about me rejecting the Barcelona offer for him. Meh.

Interesting.

- I have a Club Loyalty, and Domestic Player Bias of 15, Financial Control of 5, Squad Discipline of 4, and Hands On Approach/Tactical Consistency of 20.

- My reputation is World Class

- I too am classed as adventurous

- I have played 513 matches and won 236 of them scoring 845 goals.

- Pastore has played in his 300th career game.

- And, finally I have earned £2.7M in my career.

[edit] - I've just got the TV money from the Champions League, after Bayern went on to win the trophy (at least I lost to the eventual winners) - £22.5M - Hubba, hubba!

TV-money is crazy good in CL yes :thup:

Ole Clausens Barcelona hell comes to and end as he rejoins FC Mulhouse. He left 2,5 years ago and played a whole of 4 games for Barcelona. What a waste of talent :thdn: Hopefully we can get him back on track, he's still rather young :thup:

So we just sold a winger for £31M+ and got a replacement for £1,6M :rolleyes: Clausen isnt as good as Werff was, but he might become with regular play and hard training.

(e) Window is over. We managed to fend off all other bids so Werff was the only loss in the end. Only other addition to the squad was the very talented Yankulov. He's one of the brightest winger prospects of the ones my scouts are able to find anyways. He'll play reserve games the rest of the season though. So the first team is more or less the same, with Clausen replacing Werff.

Lyon bought 3 new wingers, all very talented. They still dont have a striker good enough to fill the loss of Benzema though. But the rest of their team is scoring tons of goals, at least at home.

Archived