Inverted Winger + Inside Forwards Surroundings

This is my first ever post on the forums and boy, it can't get more complex than this.

I've been playing Football Manager for years now (As far back as 2008) and early days were spent using plug & play tactics which were fun for a while but got boring as the tactics weren't made by myself, so from 2015 or so, I started looking at creating my own tactics based on articles I'd read by others (@Cleon comes to my immediate mind).

While I've had success to a certain degree with my own tactics, I've always been obsessed with why some of my tactics go wrong (Whether its player roles, positioning, TI's or PI's) and how to approach them going forward.

I had a save back in FM18 (My previous laptop was destroyed, so no previous data :seagull: ) where I'd been managing Arsenal and after signing a few players (Namely, Guedes and Bailey) I'd been set on molding them into my secondary goalscorers/threats.

The 4123DM Narrow  (Please ignore the roles, Screenshots were for display purposes only) influenced by TheReckonist and @GoldenFM were how I started this process (I believe at the time this tactic broke the match engine :eek:).I trained both Guedes and Bailey to play F9's (PI's were used to give them winger/inside forward like play style) 

1954013722_Formation2.thumb.PNG.419591c4d2cbbbd38d3b0c9da588f2ae.PNG

While they weren't consistently scoring as I'd have liked, they did seem to play well in a striker front 3, I did this for 3 months and switched to the formation I originally wanted the team to play in, with Guedes as an IW-A at ML and Bailey as an IF-S in AMR in the 4141 Variation (Attached) 

507602714_Formation1.thumb.PNG.1bc0371bede9798357973b68186d0af5.PNG

What happened after this was chaos, Guedes and Bailey recorded  72 goals between them and contributed to 43 assists also between them once deployed in these roles, worth noting Aubameyang & Lacazette also reached 30 goals each (I believe it was as AF-A Or CF-S)

Not only were they playing above my wildest expectations, but the entire team played brilliantly, I distinctly remember 7 members of the team having the positive "enjoys teams style of play".

Alas why I'm here now,

I want to replicate these personal feats of mine in the Wide areas but for the life of me, I can't determine what roles or set up that I had used in the other areas in order for the IW-A And IF-S to have great influence on the teams play(Dribbles/Off the ball runs,/Goals/assists) 

Does anyone in the community have experience in the IW-A and IF-S and the roles best suited to surround them with to get the best out of them?

I take any feedback as golden

cheers :brock:

11 hours ago, TiMOVELi said:

This is my first ever post on the forums and boy, it can't get more complex than this.

I've been playing Football Manager for years now (As far back as 2008) and early days were spent using plug & play tactics which were fun for a while but got boring as the tactics weren't made by myself, so from 2015 or so, I started looking at creating my own tactics based on articles I'd read by others (@Cleon comes to my immediate mind).

While I've had success to a certain degree with my own tactics, I've always been obsessed with why some of my tactics go wrong (Whether its player roles, positioning, TI's or PI's) and how to approach them going forward.

I had a save back in FM18 (My previous laptop was destroyed, so no previous data :seagull: ) where I'd been managing Arsenal and after signing a few players (Namely, Guedes and Bailey) I'd been set on molding them into my secondary goalscorers/threats.

The 4123DM Narrow  (Please ignore the roles, Screenshots were for display purposes only) influenced by TheReckonist and @GoldenFM were how I started this process (I believe at the time this tactic broke the match engine :eek:).I trained both Guedes and Bailey to play F9's (PI's were used to give them winger/inside forward like play style) 

1954013722_Formation2.thumb.PNG.419591c4d2cbbbd38d3b0c9da588f2ae.PNG

While they weren't consistently scoring as I'd have liked, they did seem to play well in a striker front 3, I did this for 3 months and switched to the formation I originally wanted the team to play in, with Guedes as an IW-A at ML and Bailey as an IF-S in AMR in the 4141 Variation (Attached) 

507602714_Formation1.thumb.PNG.1bc0371bede9798357973b68186d0af5.PNG

What happened after this was chaos, Guedes and Bailey recorded  72 goals between them and contributed to 43 assists also between them once deployed in these roles, worth noting Aubameyang & Lacazette also reached 30 goals each (I believe it was as AF-A Or CF-S)

Not only were they playing above my wildest expectations, but the entire team played brilliantly, I distinctly remember 7 members of the team having the positive "enjoys teams style of play".

Alas why I'm here now,

I want to replicate these personal feats of mine in the Wide areas but for the life of me, I can't determine what roles or set up that I had used in the other areas in order for the IW-A And IF-S to have great influence on the teams play(Dribbles/Off the ball runs,/Goals/assists) 

Does anyone in the community have experience in the IW-A and IF-S and the roles best suited to surround them with to get the best out of them?

I take any feedback as golden

cheers :brock:

I feel like we are very similar. I used the exact same tactics (the assymetric one) so I know it pretty well. I would say try an inverted wingback and a winger on one side and a fullback and inside forward on the other. I avoided playmakers, but that's up to you.

Archived