The Danny Roberts Challenge : Difficulty GODLIKE (Part 3)

FM09's Version of The Danny Roberts Challenge.

FM08's "The Danny Roberts Challenge : Difficulty GODLIKE (Part 2)"

The main idea behind the Wallace and Roberts challenge, is to have 1 player score 1000 goals for club and country under your management. There are no rules as to how you attain the player, although the editor MUST NOT be used. Season reports of potential challengers are encouraged.

During the past 3 incarnations of the game, a fair few players (Around 10 I think) have gone on to achieve the feat of scoring 1,000 + goals. It is widely known that Roberts is regarded as the most amazing player of all to achieve the landmark, due to the fact he scored all 1,000+ club goals in the Premiership under the management of dafuge.

Feel free to enter in as many as possible, and we'll keep more of a track of the entries and goals in this thread, and compile some top 10's as the thread progresses.

Challenge Rules :

This challenge can be attempted while playing any other challenges. So those of you having a crack at Gundo's, Rancers, canvey!!'s or dafuge's Challenge that come across a fantastic prospect for this challenge, feel free to come in and post your updates.

Any player involved in this challenge MUST score the goals under human management. Therefore, if you have Player A and Club X and he scores 500 goals, then you move clubs, the player only has 500 goals towards the tally. If you buy the player and take him with you, and he scores 500 more, this will make his 1,000. If you do not buy him and he scores 500 more, this DOES NOT count towards the Challenge Tally and must not be added into final totals.

International Goals count either under Human, OR AI management.

Friendly International Goals DO Count.

Friendly Club Goals DO NOT Count.

Screenshots are encourage where possible.

• Replies 444
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The 1,000 Goal Club :

Intro :

The 1,000 goal club is for those exclusive players that manage to reach the 1,000 goal mark in any FM game. These players will be carried forward through each rendition, and will be updated as new players, from new versions get inducted into this.

There are 2 players for sure that are missing from this list. First, the amazing Danny Roberts. Hopefully daf can dig up every picture he has left, and gives me some exact figures so I can add him in here. Also from FM06, is Gareth Black (also managed by me). I have all of his screenies on Photobucket. I'll update him later.

Paul Wallace [Retired] (FM08)

Manager : NepentheZ

Club : Knockbreda F.C

League : N. Ireland

Nation : N. Irish (42 Caps, 4 Goals)

Total Goals : 1,073

Andrew Smylie [Age 34] (FM08)

Manager : NepentheZ

Club : Knockbreda F.C

Nation : N. Irish (117 Caps, 64 Goals)

Total Goals : 2,860

Josef Svec [Age 32] (FM08)

Manager : kroblues

Club : East Belfast

Nation : Czech (3 Caps, 0 Goals)

Total Goals : 1,001

Dean Evans [Age 30] (FM08)

Manager : Ridleys

Club : Rasharkin

Nation : Welsh (74 Caps, 49 Goals)

Total Goals : 1,049

He's got good potential spartan. Very pacey, which will be key in the lower leagues. You may have trouble hanging on to him if he gets better than the team at a young age, but with him in your team, he can only help progress with the club. Good luck, I look forward to seeing some end of season stats and records :thup:

• 3 weeks later...

If I get a good player on my Shakhtar file, then I will attempt this but it will be very hard as there is a very short season in Ukraine(30 games).

But, as Shakhtar I am guarenteed to get into the Ukranian Cup final and the Champions League group stage.

• 2 weeks later...

I can't find the sodding case :( - No disk = no play. Damn my GF cleaning the game room up. :thdn:

And yea, Barcelona and Arsenal were both interested. Barce kept making bids of around £8,000,000 - but I rejected. Each time I rejected, I offered him a new 5 year deal, to which he kept accepting :D

There are 2 places in my house that I keep games boxes. (and trust me, I'm VERY VERY Anal when it comes to games, dvd's and CD's.) - and its not in either place. Just to show you how anal I am, I have every CM / FM game since CM3 - in chronological order. I have all non-series games set into Alphabetical order, and series games (Like, Prince of Persia, GTA, FIFA) - set into chronological order. I have my DVD's Box Sets in order, and alphabetically, and then I have other DVD's first sorted by Genre then alphabetically. For a disk to be missing in my house is something special, for the actual case to be missing, something tragic has happened. I'm actually quite angry its gone. I don't sodding lose disks. Or cases :mad:

Archived