Domestic Cup dates not working in created Nation

jdsqueadly

Hi guys,

Having trouble with one of the domestic cups in my created Nation in Europe, which forced me to move from Basic to Advanced Rules.

The cup is supposed to run similar to the World Cup but only in the month of December: 64 teams in 16 groups playing Sat-Wed-Sat-Wed for the group stage and early KO rounds, every game in neutral venues. All other competitions in the nation are on a break throughout December for the tournament to run.

However, the competition always overruns because the games spread themselves out instead of being played at the same time on the same day like normal competitions.

There are no fixture clashes I can see and dates have been adjusted for the final group games of European tournaments.

Is there any way to enforce that games in each round should be played at the same time?

• 1 month later...

Having fewer teams participate or making matches have precedent over league matches should help. I usually will base my fictional files on preexisting edited leagues rather than starting from complete scratch, because it always ends up causing some problems and it's hard to diagnose for folks unless they're playing the file. 

• 2 months later...

Thanks for the advice. I managed to fix this somewhat by allocating specific stadiums to each group, and then giving every knock-out fixture an offset date with a specific stadium. I get the impression the game was trying to allocate fixtures to the same neutral venues. Just in case, I created 64 more stadiums and allocated all teams in the league a reserve stadium so reserve teams wouldn't use the First Team's stadium. Seems to have fixed it, completed a few seasons with no problems now!