Sports Interactive Community
Sign in to follow this  
Whalix

Best squad management strategies?

I've been using a new squad management strategy of late which I feel has been working for me. I've had issues with player happiness lots in the past and think I'm finally fixing it, but thought I'd reach out and see what other methods people use to see if there's any ways I can improve it.

For reference, I use a Bielsa-style squad system once I've decided on my tactic. 22 senior players, two in each position to battle it out for to be first choice. Then 3 youth players in the first team squad, based on stats/how they've done in the youth teams. If I feel a position is particularly weak, I send scouts out to look for a replacement, and whoever is the weaker of the two current players in that position is sold and replaced. Usually I rotate relatively often so players don't become unhappy, but if they do I have no problem letting them go as I prefer the tighter knit, happy squad as I really value the strength of team cohesion and morale.

That’s pretty much how I handle.

1. Recognized starter

2a. Backup that knows he’s a backup and happy with that role

or

2b. Burgeoning talent that is good enough to play now, but is within two seasons of moving into starting role

3. Top youth prospect that is capable of playing at level in a pinch.

below are my principles to keeping a happy squad.

a) recruit good personalities

Don’t burn effort/money on questionable personalities. If they are home grown, try your best to correct them with perspective.

b) recruit with a plan

dont buy a guy that doesn’t slot into your framework. If they are under 18, not as much worry. 

C) don’t be a coward

dont delegate player conversations. Talk to players with concerns and answer them truthfully and don’t make promises. They are under contract and time is a great healer (so is winning). Obviously, the more important the player the more delicate you’ll need to be.

d) set your squad status and keep updated.

at end of each transfer window is prolly sufficient. This gives you grounds to stand on when concerns arise. 

e) don’t over-mentor

dont add the 30 year old journey man backup with low impact to a mentoring group. When/if he becomes disgruntled he may influence other, more important members of squad.

f) use loan market

if you have an asset that may have trouble getting into rotation or whatever status befits his stature loan him out. Y’all 

g) rotate squad

dont do it for sake of doing it. Find situations where backup/fringe/rotational players are likely to shine and give them a shot. Cup games, easy qualifiers, home relegation teams are great opportunities to keep guys just happy enough.

15 hours ago, imarockstar said:

I've been the use of a new squad management approach of late which I feel has been running for me. I've had issues with player happiness masses inside the past and assume I'm ultimately solving it, but thought I'd attain out and see what other strategies humans use to look if there is any methods I can improve it.

For reference, I use a Bielsa-style squad machine once I've decided on my tactic. 22 senior gamers, two in every position to war it out for to be first choice. Then three children gamers inside the first group squad, based on stats/how they have done inside the teens groups. If I sense a position is especially susceptible, I ship scouts out to look for a substitute, and whoever is the weaker of the two present day gamers in that function is bought and replaced. Usually I rotate particularly frequently so gamers do not come to be sad, but if they do I don't have any hassle permitting them to move as I prefer the tighter knit, happy squad as I surely value the energy of team brotherly love and morale.

Why did you post the same as the original poster? 

En 17/5/2019 a las 11:17, Whalix dijo:

I've been using a new squad management strategy of late which I feel has been working for me. I've had issues with player happiness lots in the past and think I'm finally fixing it, but thought I'd reach out and see what other methods people use to see if there's any ways I can improve it.

For reference, I use a Bielsa-style squad system once I've decided on my tactic. 22 senior players, two in each position to battle it out for to be first choice. Then 3 youth players in the first team squad, based on stats/how they've done in the youth teams. If I feel a position is particularly weak, I send scouts out to look for a replacement, and whoever is the weaker of the two current players in that position is sold and replaced. Usually I rotate relatively often so players don't become unhappy, but if they do I have no problem letting them go as I prefer the tighter knit, happy squad as I really value the strength of team cohesion and morale.

Thats basically the way to go, just be ob the look out to rotate so the 2nd xi guys won't be unhappy, with this system only one on my fullbacks whines for playing time a season and normally the "x is playing too good to be replaced, be prepared when he drops performance" option works like a charm if the guy is in a "im out of here, like it or not" situation just sell him and look for replacement, unless the player is a 180+ CA it can be replaced without problem