[FM19] Nothing Toulouse - Back To The Glory Days [FINISHED]

Carambau

VCrY8CQ.png

Pre-Season 2024/2025

In & Out

GCM2ESA.png

Reynet is not getting younger and we sold our prospect Gusev, so we had to bring in a new number one goalkeeper. Diaz fits the bill. Abdellaoui is a highly talented right back who should be able to make the first team at least a few times. The other 2 are signings for the U19 team.

2WcmTCM.png

Boom! Guiagon leaves us for Juventus. We get 30M right away and he was too keen on the move to refuse. Let´s see if we can cope without him. The rest are loans.

New Signings

cldrJts.png

Our new number one.

Yi8QVPs.png

The talented right back.

Players Promoted From The Youth Team

NqiiPmF.png

He was the best player in our successful U19 team last season.

ObQ0SJ7.png

A backup for the left back position. Won´t get much playing time I´m afraid.

Loan Players Returning

ftPnoYR.png

He comes back from his loan at Tours and now seems ready for some first team action.

69ygDjE.png

He had a good loan at Amiens.

Edited by Carambau

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

01yYuxC.png

Pre-Season 2024/2025

First Team Squad

Goalkeepers

Hm0zGm3.png

Reynet is on the decline. Diaz will take his place. Esteve will feature in the U19s as well.

Defenders

Nf8TqyA.png

Mashaba has established himself as the new leader of our defence. Mathieu and Abdellaoui will battle it our for the RB position.

Midfielders

OWsXN7Q.png

We have to fill the hole Guiagon left behind. Hopefully young Durand can step up.

Strikers

zr0yjrn.png

FOUR strikers. Everyone will get his chance at some time next season.

Pre-Season Friendlies

6vgjFXr.png

Not very convincing. Let the new season begin!

Edited by Carambau

What a fantastic season - so unlucky to come away with no silverware. Shows how good you did that Monaco went unbeaten and still finished behind you.

If your players can set up again, there's no reason you can't give PSG a fright at the very least!

1 minute ago, King Costly said:

What a fantastic season - so unlucky to come away with no silverware. Shows how good you did that Monaco went unbeaten and still finished behind you.

If your players can set up again, there's no reason you can't give PSG a fright at the very least!

Thanks a lot :)

You´re right - I should take the positives from that close call and attack even more this season. And somehow I have the impression PSG are on the decline or at least in some sort of transition phase which we (and surely Mourinho...) could possibly take advantage of...

Gxd3GdU.png

knKUXLl.png

Attack! We decide to splash out the money we got for Guiagon and sign this austrian national team striker for 25M! He seems the real package and I´m pretty confident he can help us and provide the goals we need to challenge for the league title.

Edited by Carambau

I play FM Touch and the youth intake in that game seems a lot different from the full game’s. I get fewer kids and just a list of names/positions/birthplaces. I need to check each player individually to see their attributes. I wonder what would happen if I released most of my reserve team (Touch has just one reserve team, does the regular game have more?); would my GM get a bigger youth intake or hire a bunch of backups so I could field a reserve team?

Tough break, losing to PSG by a point. Sabotage them. Start bidding on their players with no intention of buying them. Make them unhappy at PSG.

44 minutes ago, scott92507 said:

I play FM Touch and the youth intake in that game seems a lot different from the full game’s. I get fewer kids and just a list of names/positions/birthplaces. I need to check each player individually to see their attributes. I wonder what would happen if I released most of my reserve team (Touch has just one reserve team, does the regular game have more?); would my GM get a bigger youth intake or hire a bunch of backups so I could field a reserve team?

Tough break, losing to PSG by a point. Sabotage them. Start bidding on their players with no intention of buying them. Make them unhappy at PSG.

Unfortunately I think what you wrote is correct... You get fewer players and you only have one reserve team. Firing all reserve players didn't Change anything sadly. At least that was always the case in my FMT saves on my Switch :(

Sabotaging PSG sounds like a sneaky nice little idea :brock:

I made the same experiences in a lot of past saves in my FM playing history. But still the game´s fun :) - weird somehow ? Nevermind. I´m enjoying this save very much so far and I guess the next update could happen this weekend - if I will find the time ;)  

In my Ross County career, it took several years of finishing behind Celtic to finally unseat them. Those years were probably key, because second place meant a place in the Euro Cup, which meant more money and a boost in the team’s reputation. And then the Scottish Premiership got two places in the European Champions League, so Ross County received even more prize money and more boosts to reputation. And the board approved a couple of stadium upgrades, so we were selling more tickets and making more money. Finally, we won the league and have been on top for nearly 10 seasons now. (We even reached the Champions League final three times, and won it all once. That save started with a salary budget of about 1 million pounds, and the team now spends 62 million.)

All that is to say, if each season your salary budget and team reputation grow, you can overtake PSG. Avance, Toulouse!

7 hours ago, scott92507 said:

In my Ross County career, it took several years of finishing behind Celtic to finally unseat them. Those years were probably key, because second place meant a place in the Euro Cup, which meant more money and a boost in the team’s reputation. And then the Scottish Premiership got two places in the European Champions League, so Ross County received even more prize money and more boosts to reputation. And the board approved a couple of stadium upgrades, so we were selling more tickets and making more money. Finally, we won the league and have been on top for nearly 10 seasons now. (We even reached the Champions League final three times, and won it all once. That save started with a salary budget of about 1 million pounds, and the team now spends 62 million.)

All that is to say, if each season your salary budget and team reputation grow, you can overtake PSG. Avance, Toulouse!

thats my hope... growing and not losing patience. Money is not a concern as we got around 70M in the bank. As you know i am rather reluctant to spend big, so hopefully our new austrian striker can pay us back in goals

• 2 weeks later...

vuueaO9.png

Season 2024/2025

First Half Of The Season

Screenshot---19.05.2019--14_33_24.png

WqAvnJu.png

Damn PSG. We manage to win all our games but one. And of course its THEM we lose against. But wait, this was away. You will come to visit us in 2025...

TJ9cUIG.png

We are top of the league going into the short winter break, 5 points ahead. Losing only one game helped of course. PSG have not lost a game, but dropped points elsewhere with 4 draws. Meanwhile, Monaco fired their manager Mourinho as they sit only on 5th. I would say it´s now or never for us.

bnRV2PH.png

Our new striker Buchholzer finally seems to be the real deal. He´s scoring and scoring. Hope he continues to do so.

Screenshot---19.05.2019--14_34_11.png

VHWws2W.png

ASSE were a piece of work but in the end we prevailed. Next are Dijon on the quarter finals.

9uhJqAj.png

rIf3NMp.png

Man Utd were tough, as were Valencia, but luckily the latter dropped points against Fenerbahce. We did not.

AMvzdZs.png

9y0M1EY.png

This is gonna be very hard.

Club News

WkJLQTy.png

Our U19s also made the next round. They will play Malmo FF.

Edited by Carambau

EZMcQsu.png

Season 2024/2025

Second Half Of The Season

Winter Transfers

7waSnBm.png

Our long time number 1, Reynet, did not want to play second fiddle to Diaz and forced his move. Goodbye, Baptiste!

26KnAjX.png

No defeat and just 4 draws. No one expected we could hold on to our lead that easily. Once we were rolling, there was no stopping us. Even when tiredness became an issue or injuries tried to stand in our way, the called upon players delivered magnificently. The decisive match of the season was the one against PSG. Winning that meant we could put a bigger cushion between us and them and that helped us much psychologically I am pretty sure. From then we did not concede a goal in the league until march. Buchholzer could not quite keep up his goal rate from the first half of the season, but then Durand came to the rescue and scored for example. Or Simon. Or Aubert. Or Reynoso. Our defence crumbled just a bit at the end, meaning less shootouts, but skipper Mashaba, Girard, Abdellaoui, Mathieu, Laraque and veteran Jullien still were able to build a wall that was impossible to climb for most teams. And then there was Diaz in goal. The hunger for success was immense and we knew this would be our best chance in years. We did what we could and in the end it paid off.

UdH1vyq.png

Ligue 1 Champions 2024/2025: Toulouse FC!

Ok, PSG had an unusually bad season with 3 defeats and 5 draws, but we were there when it mattered.

MPayHgf.png

We won it for our passionate fans!! The very first Ligue 1 championship for Toulouse FC!

Screenshot---19.05.2019--14_33_42.png

C1TeUoK.png

PoPGCuH.png

OL defeated us after penalties.  A bit unlucky though - their equalizer came in the last minute and that broke the lads. They were already not fully match fit as the last match had been 2 weeks before, had to go the full distance now and then just could not keep up the concentration in the end. There are worse things than to go out in the 10th round of the Coupe de France.

RLSmTps.png

TFQBCFQ.png

We had some lucky draws to be honest. Then it was - of course! - PSG in the final...

Spoiler

cAOnWOX.png

...and we beat them! Just because their penalty takers were worse than ours. Anyway - the double is ours! Double humiliation for PSG :D (They still won the Coupe de la Ligue but who cares about a minor title like that...?)

GyKb9CA.png

tMPRy99.png

Not a bad UEFA Champions League season. We were the underdog against Atletico, but thanks to a great first leg we were able to overcome them and went on to meet Liverpool in the quarter finals. They outclassed us. The first leg was a tight affair, but only because their shooting was so off the mark, the second leg was over after they scored in the 5th minute. And then they went on to win that damn thing.

Season Stats & Awards

Roa8dIV.png

Youngster Girard scoops the awards this season. Buchholzer the best signing. I agree.

MOmRSuz.png

yIJ465r.png

The season stats for our team.

sAR9Vwz.png

Our Austrian striker wins the golden boot.

Fu2t9q3.png

Europe, watch out! Buchholzer is rising!

z5iw0Op.png

Our new keeper Diaz draws the plaudits.

3hQJrZg.png

Take that, PSG!

0j5LIFg.png

Last, but not least.

Youth Intake

ElZMod9.png

Another Durand who could make his way into our first team soon.

Club News

dSR1bQO.png

PSG defeat our U19s in the UEFA Youth League quarters.

GGOZe3L.png

Ahahahahahaha... Nope.

QVRCJhn.png

CB9kH9c.png

I wonder what will happen next...

Edited by Carambau

Toppling PSG is an Achievement in itself and Quarterfinals of Champions League isn't too shabby.

Hopefully the Takeover will mean more money, but usually Consortium's seem to drive you further into the red or have horrible plans for team (like sign big stars when doing a youth save etc.)

14 hours ago, Hootieleece said:

Toppling PSG is an Achievement in itself and Quarterfinals of Champions League isn't too shabby.

Hopefully the Takeover will mean more money, but usually Consortium's seem to drive you further into the red or have horrible plans for team (like sign big stars when doing a youth save etc.)

Thank you :)  Yes, the season could´ve gone worse ;)

I´m really excited about whats going to happen at that takeover. Maybe the new owner will fire me? Seen that before...

12 hours ago, kidthekid said:

103 points is pretty astonishing. Top work!!!

9 hours ago, scott92507 said:

w00t!

:lock:

11 hours ago, shaunwwfc said:

@Carambau your achievement is superb! What is most inspiring for me is the fact you have stuck to your principals, with what i can assume is the preset fluid counter attack? 

Thank you, @shaunwwfc :) 

Yes, the tactic still suits my players very nicely. Don´t know why, but that season the opposing teams seemed to play more attacking against me which played into the cards of this style so good hence the successful season.

Congrats!

I just read all your carrer. I made my save with TFC also ans it was so difficult to beat PSG. It needs more than 100 points! The error is forbidden!.

Your firts season wa impressive, especially because some players are not so strong.

Wat is your objective in european competition?

6 minutes ago, rouflaquettes31 said:

Congrats!

I just read all your carrer. I made my save with TFC also ans it was so difficult to beat PSG. It needs more than 100 points! The error is forbidden!.

Your firts season wa impressive, especially because some players are not so strong.

Wat is your objective in european competition?

thanks, @rouflaquettes31 :)

Yeah, I think we did it this season because everything came together - we winning almost every game and PSG being weak. I think it might look differently next season...

Europe? Good question. We are not good enough yet to win anything there, I know that. Maybe with luck we could make the semis sometime...

On 09/10/2019 at 21:03, shaunwwfc said:

@Carambau your achievement is superb! What is most inspiring for me is the fact you have stuck to your principals, with what i can assume is the preset fluid counter attack? 

I am a big fan of counter attacking football so it is really refreshing seeing someone be so successful with it. A big nod to the preset style within the game too, perhaps I have been over complicating trying to create a tactic such as this. Your making me want to start a similar save! 

On 11/10/2019 at 09:13, shaunwwfc said:

I am a big fan of counter attacking football so it is really refreshing seeing someone be so successful with it. A big nod to the preset style within the game too, perhaps I have been over complicating trying to create a tactic such as this. Your making me want to start a similar save! 

Thank you, it is nice to hear that this story inspires you :) 

• 2 weeks later...

WTPva8f.png

Pre-Season 2025/2026

In & Out

dPocInv.png

We needed more instant quality on the DC position, that´s why Todibo was signed from Barcelona. Spinazzola can cover both sides and thats why we brought him in, a good backup. Don´t know exactly why we decided to get Larsonneur, I guess because he was free, has a certain amount of experience in Ligue 1 and all our 3rd choice keepers are out on loan...

2N7Uz9t.png

Mostly loans to get the youngster more playing time. Porozo, Romildo and Diakité are the only ones to leave for good. Not that these were big losses.

New Signings

A4xwNvM.png

A ball-playing defender. He will improve our defence.

0gnxJ0R.png

He should be a decent backup wingback for both sides.

nFck2Y1.png

3rd choice GK. Hope he never has to play.

Players Promoted From The Youth Team

LtCuiqd.png

This guy was the cream of the crop of last season´s U19 team. He basically ran the show. Now it´s time to introduce him to the 1st team.

Loan Players Returning

eVHm3Qc.png

Last year he was at loan at Sevilla and managed to score 5 goals in 19 appearances.

Edited by Carambau

zl8o6Uh.png

Pre-Season 2025/2026

First Team Squad

Goalkeepers

jEB03gx.png

Diaz had a great last season. Adelaid may be playing the cups.

Defenders

wopOzIb.png

Todibo can surely strengthen our central defense alongside Mashaba. Jullien is declining and this may be his last season here, same goes for Sylla. Laraque in contrast made some big improvements last year. New signing Spinazzola covers the sides as a backup, for Girard and Mathieu are the starters here. Abdellaoui will want a word there too though.

Midfielders

i4FJkrH.png

Not many changes here. Youngster Levavasseur (see Defenders) is the only new addition. Jouaux is more a striker. All in all, our midfield a nice mix of youth and experience.

Strikers

xNdRH5K.png

Luca Jouaux should appear here. Buchholzer will start of course. Boulay will play in the early rounds of the cups I guess.

pp1dKla.png

The odds are on Buchholzer this season!

Pre-Season Friendlies

WEDlfSz.png

Not very convincing once more. Hope the new season will be better.

Club News

mbEuwty.png

tGHa8g1.png

No takeover then. And I am glad about that!

oOmetUT.png

It could have been so sweet! Big Messi in Toulouse! But then the board blocks my contract termination of our current U19 manager...

Edited by Carambau

• 3 weeks later...

KTd2mmo.png

Season 2025/2026

First Half Of The Season

1KXIv03.png

It´s of course PSG. And Guingamp, strangely. I guess we had to draw against someone. Our defense looks very tight once more, Todibo looks like a good partner for Mashaba.

PRC6evb.png

Looks like we are having another great season. Five points! If we can keep going, another title reckons. But it´s only the first half of the season and there are a lot of games to play... Buchholzer is on good form again, scoring 15 in the league already. Suprisingly, wingback Spinazzola is the man with the best average rating of 7.29. A steal, I guess.

Screenshot---19.05.2019--14_34_11.png

NT8rZpm.png

Here we go again. I fielded a youth team. I don´t care anymore.

wcInS0Y.png

vQv9CLD.png

Only Atletico were able to match us.

uEQNWmg.png

3JntD9t.png

Italian teams are always hard to play against.

Club News

UrqNo3o.png

Those damn assholes wanted to unsettle him and they succeeded. He is angry I canceled negotiations and wants to leave. I won´t let him though. We will see how this unfolds.

O7EhF5C.png

wSVsnP9.png

Here comes the takeover. But no investments! He "wants to make a difference" though... sounds like a politician!

SwWLgtU.png

At least Baxter´s contract gets renewed.

Edited by Carambau

Carambau, I imagine your club is very profitable. If the takeover was hostile, the new owners may just want to drain the club’s profits. But it was probably a matter of the old owners wanting to cash out and the new owners wanting to expand the potential of the club. (Not that the game considers these real-world nuances.) Have you had a stadium expansion or a new stadium? In one of my saves, I finally got a new stadium when I got new owners.

On 15/11/2019 at 16:20, scott92507 said:

Carambau, I imagine your club is very profitable. If the takeover was hostile, the new owners may just want to drain the club’s profits. But it was probably a matter of the old owners wanting to cash out and the new owners wanting to expand the potential of the club. (Not that the game considers these real-world nuances.) Have you had a stadium expansion or a new stadium? In one of my saves, I finally got a new stadium when I got new owners.

Makes perfect sense what youre sayin, we are quite profitable indeed. Lets See for how long... ;)

And no, no Stadium expansions nor any plans yet. 

Edited by Carambau

• 2 weeks later...

After some contemplating, I decided to call it quits on This save. Just got FMT20 and cant seem to find any motivation anymore for The Toulouse Project. 

A big thank you to all the readers and posters of this thread. I hope you were at least a bit entertained.

Maybe there will be a FMT20 story here, havent decided yet.

Cheers!