Jump to content
Sports Interactive Community

Recommended Posts

Am I being thick here or has Reject All Offers been removed from this version of the game?

If so, who on Earth made that design decision and why on Earth would they ever think it was a good idea? 

Most of us go out of our way to install ad blockers and spam filters in our day to day life because the real world is already full of needless harassment that we do not want. Why would you  ever want to have it in Football Manager? As far as I can tell, they've now split it up so you can only reject all loan offers OR all transfers offers and whichever you pick, the AI will just spam you with the other? And occasionally they even like to bombard you with cheeky trial offers and inquiries? 

Just give over already. Just to be clear - I don't expect to be shielded from having my players bid for and nor do I expect to be immune to the consequences of rejection. If I say no to everyone, I'm perfectly happy with any want-away players having a sulk. My issue isn't at all with any game mechanic around transfers, it's just purely someone seems to have deliberately gone out of their way to make a backwards quality of life bork just... for reasons? Idk?

Is it just me? Am I missing a setting on my personal assistant or something? If not, I'm off to Suggestions quick sharp with my pitchforks, torches and placards. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Reject all offers isn't really a real world thing. You have a player worth £10m. I bid 20 and you reject all offers. I bid 30, 40, 50, 100, 200, a billion? You still rejecting all offers? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, DamianJMcGrath said:

Reject all offers isn't really a real world thing. You have a player worth £10m. I bid 20 and you reject all offers. I bid 30, 40, 50, 100, 200, a billion? You still rejecting all offers? 

 

Sorry mate but come on. 

Firstly, the AI is never going to bid a billion, it's probably never going to bid two hundred million and in the vast majority of cases if you're completely determined to keep a key player it's never going to bid enough for you to be swayed. 

Secondly, if you want it to not auto reject you can turn that option off again or set a threshold. 

But the option should absolutely definitely be to auto reject literally all incoming advances. Not to stop them happening, not to stop my players bugging out, just literally to spare me the same repeated two or three clicks per offer endlessly every transfer window. 

It's just awful QOL. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The option is still there for most players, but you can't set it for young players.

The option may also be removed if the player has a release clause (you can't reject a release clause offer after all) but not 100% sure on that one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, herne79 said:

The option is still there for most players

It isn't. It used to be for FM17:

Untitled-1.jpg

It's been removed in FM19:

Untitled-2.jpg

Edited by Tiger666

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Tiger666 said:

It isn't. It used to be for FM17:

See right there? Reject all loan offers, reject all transfer offers. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, warlock said:

See right there? Reject all loan offers, reject all transfer offers. 

Yes, I see "Reject all loan offers" and "Reject all transfer offers".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, warlock said:

See right there? Reject all loan offers, reject all transfer offers. 

You missed OP's point

On 15/05/2019 at 20:57, Finners said:

As far as I can tell, they've now split it up so you can only reject all loan offers OR all transfers offers and whichever you pick, the AI will just spam you with the other? And occasionally they even like to bombard you with cheeky trial offers and inquiries? 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, autohoratio said:

You missed OP's point

I did; apologies. Yet again I offer thanks for the fantastic version of FM19 that I got - I've never seen this issue, ever.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Tiger666 @warlock @autohoratio

Yup point taken although in all fairness the opening 2 lines adds a little confusion to the mix as it mentions rejecting offers only:

On ‎15‎/‎05‎/‎2019 at 20:57, Finners said:

Am I being thick here or has Reject All Offers been removed from this version of the game?

If so, who on Earth made that design decision and why on Earth would they ever think it was a good idea? 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How many loan offers are you receiving for players who are not on the transfer list in any case? I mean, I never get loan offers for first team players who other teams may want to actually sign. I really fail to see how "reject all transfer offers" is not what the OP cares about.

If you have a player listed (either because you want to sell or because he wants to leave), it is nonsensical anyway. 

The person selected as an example is Lloris. A first team player with 4 years on his contract and "unavailable for loan" set. I find it impossible to imagine you ever receive a loan offer for him. I have never received such an offer for a player like that. So reject transfer offers will deal with anything you are likely to see. This is a case of making a problem out of nothing, and turning it into a rant.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, sporadicsmiles said:

How many loan offers are you receiving for players who are not on the transfer list in any case? I mean, I never get loan offers for first team players who other teams may want to actually sign. I really fail to see how "reject all transfer offers" is not what the OP cares about.

If you have a player listed (either because you want to sell or because he wants to leave), it is nonsensical anyway. 

The person selected as an example is Lloris. A first team player with 4 years on his contract and "unavailable for loan" set. I find it impossible to imagine you ever receive a loan offer for him. I have never received such an offer for a player like that. So reject transfer offers will deal with anything you are likely to see. This is a case of making a problem out of nothing, and turning it into a rant.

No idea why you've picked up on Lloris. I posted that just to highlight that "reject all offers" was no longer in the game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, sporadicsmiles said:

How many loan offers are you receiving for players who are not on the transfer list in any case? I mean, I never get loan offers for first team players who other teams may want to actually sign. I really fail to see how "reject all transfer offers" is not what the OP cares about.

If you have a player listed (either because you want to sell or because he wants to leave), it is nonsensical anyway. 

The person selected as an example is Lloris. A first team player with 4 years on his contract and "unavailable for loan" set. I find it impossible to imagine you ever receive a loan offer for him. I have never received such an offer for a player like that. So reject transfer offers will deal with anything you are likely to see. This is a case of making a problem out of nothing, and turning it into a rant.

 

It was a random example of a player that wasn't "young"to counter a previous point...?

 

I didn't really expect this to spark debate, it's either in the game or it isn't (it looks like my suspicions were right, it isn't) and if that's the case - I'm sorry but why would you ever remove a quality of life feature?

I accept one or two of you don't mind and that's fine, good for you, but as someone's that usually got a squad packed out with fairly young players that seem to be in demand - I've got to be honest, I find transfer windows in FM2019 to be an absolute bore of rejecting alot of offers. Deadline day is absolutely horrendous, I'll get a club literally repeatedly make more or less the same offer over and over and over and swap to attempting loan offers when I reject transfers. It's like, come on man.

To reiterate, I've no problem with the AI aggressively bidding - I just want the option to flat out ignore it back.

Can't think of any good reason to remove it really. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, herne79 said:

@Tiger666 @warlock @autohoratio

Yup point taken although in all fairness the opening 2 lines adds a little confusion to the mix as it mentions rejecting offers only:

 

 

I don't mean to be rude, Herne, but I don't see how there's any confusion in those lines. As the screenshots above show, there was an option that said "reject all offers" (I just used the game's own wording) and now there isn't?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...