Request for advice on a newgen with an appalling personality

I have just had my youth intake at Arsenal with the following player:

image.thumb.png.a3ed7942c87cdeb22d345e47a5c36a2f.png

image.thumb.png.6f48a1689ee17b274855e558895417b9.png

I really like inside forward who get into the box, so I will retrain him on the right.

He looks like he could be an amazing player for my team in a few years, but he has an abysmal personality and determination rating.

In the past, I could give him a good tutor and watch his determination rise within months (probably not very realistic, but it helped).

Now, I can't put him in a mentoring group until he gets to the first team, and I can't see that happening for at least a couple of years.

Is there anything that can be done about his personality/determination?

Thanks.

2 minutes ago, ryandormer said:

Good thinking!

Is there any detriment to him not training with the youth team?

Yes - his training program will be geared towards first team matches, not U18 matches.  So when the senior squad may be resting (for example) he won't be and vice versa.  Training is more important for development than playing in matches for players under the age of 18.

However, with just 1 for Determination he may not train very well anyway (Determination is important for development) so on balance it might be worthwhile in this case to put him into a solid mentoring group with some influential senior players - at least for a few months and see how he gets on.

Thanks for the responses. Are there any other factors that could increase determination without the need for a mentor? If the U18 squad has a decent personality generally, for example? He is nowhere near good enough to put in the first team, but I dont want him to get to 18-19 with a determination rating of 1!

Archived