Sports Interactive Community

Ive been using this 433 on my Leciester save and now my Ajax save. Ive had some disappointing results in both saves against decent opposition but definitely teams we should be beating if we wanna win Trophies. As Ajax ive lost to both FC Utrecht and PSV away and have dropped points elsewhere.

3dee2119b40ede06c261ec09e2ef6c5f.thumb.png.8fb569225c316b47ef7d76e57100d398.pngHere are my recent results with Leicester.

103efb98fa23c3711d375e28a4c78402.thumb.png.a9b0f3193adcc8ea5eeab21e3122ad38.png

This is the tactic, im trying to play quickly and have my front 3 and Mez be the center of my attacks. They front 4 are set to close down more and mark tighter as i want them to be pressing the opposition defense, also hence the prevent short distribution (this could be overkill)

Any advice would be appreciated, thanks in advance.

5 hours ago, danpomfrett said:

3dee2119b40ede06c261ec09e2ef6c5f.thumb.png.8fb569225c316b47ef7d76e57100d398.pngH

Given that you are Leicester - not a top team like City, LFC, Utd, Chelsea etc. - these results are quite acceptable.

103efb98fa23c3711d375e28a4c78402.thumb.png.a9b0f3193adcc8ea5eeab21e3122ad38.png

And this tactic looks very good IMO and is very well balanced, both in terms of roles and duties and team instructions (taking the mentality into account as well). It seems to me that your biggest problem is not the tactic, but unrealistic expectations.

As Ajax ive lost to both FC Utrecht and PSV away and have dropped points elsewhere.

Losing against PSV away is not a disaster (unless they "demolished" you by 3 or more goal difference). Not sure about the defeat against Utrecht though, as I am not familiar enough with the Dutch league. But one thing is clear to me - Leicester and Ajax are pretty much different types of teams, so using the (entirely) same tactic for both is not a very good idea IMHO.

I agree with Experienced here, in that your results look pretty good. I mean I would expect to lose to Man City and Chelsea (where you won) most of the time even with my Leicester side I have built into challengers. 

But if you are struggling away, you have to address the why. Do you watch the games? What is different when you play away compared to when you play at home? Is your team exploited in any particular way? 

As the above have said your results are decent enough for Leicester. Since it's away games you are struggling with try and analyse what has gone wrong in these games, how you can concede goals and what sort of chances you're creating. Dropping your mentality and/or adjusting your out of possession instructions could be a good place to start. 

I'm not comfortable with the 'Tighter marking' TI, in the tactic,  but these are games I'd expect your side to lose. I think you've done well to even mitigate the scorelines. 1-0 against Chelsea? away? Credit to your tactic, to be honest. 

You might want to adapt your passing style to something more direct when playing against better teams away from home. When you watch football, you don't often see underdog away teams scoring goals with short passing and working the ball into the box. You're generally looking at set pieces, long balls over the top, capitalizing on mistakes, and fairly direct play.