Sports Interactive Community

Hello folks, so this is a thread about Jack Grealish, as it says on the tin. After chasing him through my last two games, have finally managed to sign him in summer 2019 for Cardiff.

Those who have had him, 

How did he develop?

What position did you play him in?

How did you get him to perform best?

Any feedback welcome! I really want to build my team around him.

I signed Grealish for Forest at the same time as you, Summer 2019, as I got promoted to the Prem. I intended to use him more as a central midfielder in a DLP role, but Ben Osborn was playing well so Grealish didn't get too many minutes - that was until my AML got injured so I stuck Grealish there with an IF role. I found he can drift out of some games but on the whole is very dependable whether you play him there or back central which I occasionally do if Osborn needs a rest.

I overachieved in my first season which meant Europa League football in 2020/21, which Grealish became a main focus for in the tournament. Ours and his first group game ended with a red card - he does seem to pick up yellows quite often but I believe that to be a tactic-issue more than a player-issue.

My experience with him can be summed up in our final Europa League game of the campaign - the final. I played him AML as above, with the Inside Forward role and was tempted to bring him off around 60 minutes in as nothing was working up there (my AMR was more effective than him overall this season, especially in the league) - he then scored 2 in quick succession, leading us to glory - he ended up with 8 goals and 4 assists in the tournament, and won the player of the tournament. My league campaign was rather poor in comparison so he suffered as much as the other players.

I find that he is prone to minor injuries when fitness is low (or you have a few games in quick succession and no good rotation policy) but nothing that keeps him out for more than 1 or 2 games. I think I'll be getting a backup DLP so Grealish will be utilised solely out wide, which I appreciate is not to everyone's taste. Still no England call-up but as of June 2021, is valued at £27m (on average last season was around £18m - but Champions League Qualification and the end of season value boost is in play at the moment).

Hope this helps a bit

That indeed is very helpful, thank you! I will probably start off with him playing as AP in the CM role. On the left side we already have Josh Murphy who has been performing well.

Villa fan here and played a lot with the Claret and Blues this year. He really is a player who can play a multitude of roles. I've found Mezzala and RPM to bE good but I think in the right system he'd be great as AP.

What kind of set up do you have him in?

I’ve had a lot of success playing him as a mezzela and a winger attack on the left

Posted (edited)

I'm surprised by how mediocre he is on this version. He does not really develop into a good playmaker good enough for top 5 side

Edited by crusadertsar

On 27/05/2019 at 21:57, crusadertsar said:

I'm surprised by how mediocre he is on this version. He does not really develop into a good playmaker good enough for top 5 side

Agree, I think his stats should be higher. Maybe FM are waiting to see how he gets on in the PL

On 28/05/2019 at 02:27, crusadertsar said:

Not at all, he was brilliant for me. Played as mezzala on attack duty he hit double figures for both goals and assists in the premier league first season for him. Having seen a bit of him IRL I think his stats are fine. Also by the end of the season arsenal was bidding for him. 

2 hours ago, karanhsingh said:

Not at all, he was brilliant for me. Played as mezzala on attack duty he hit double figures for both goals and assists in the premier league first season for him. Having seen a bit of him IRL I think his stats are fine. Also by the end of the season arsenal was bidding for him. 

Yes except there are plenty of better world-class mezzalas that a top Premier League can bid on. Gedson Fernandes for instance

1 hour ago, crusadertsar said:

Yes except there are plenty of better world-class mezzalas that a top Premier League can bid on. Gedson Fernandes for instance

Well he’s obviously not world class, but he is very good

I play Jack AP (A) in 4-1-2-3 he’s my best player ( Everton ) now I’ve changed system to 4-2-3-1 to inconsistent In results and his performances has dropped in a CAM position, thoughts.

Signed him for Leeds 2nd season and my first in the prem, has 10 league goals by January. I honestly think he will claim all 3 top goals of the year, some absolute belters. Play him as a B2B midfielder 

Signed him for Derby after promotes as Championship winner 1st season.

He are very versatile, he can play anywhere in middle area, so far I use him as central midfield or attacking midfield because I have Tom Lawrence on the left and Mason Bennet on the right

I think he best playing as Inside forward because he has cut inside PPM, especially on the left, the problem is I have Tom Lawrence there on fire and Danny Loader as subs