Sports Interactive Community

Posted (edited)

Other than using fewer leagues (or dodgy accelerator apps), are there any tips to make my FM19 save run faster?... (My laptop is a brand new Alienware...). Thanks.

Edited by phd_angel

There isn't really anything that's going to make a huge difference.  The speed of the game is going to be inversely proportional to how much you're asking it to process.  The better your specs, the better it'll process, but it's still fairly linear.  There's no real shortcuts to that.  

Do you have any issues? slow processing you don't expect?

or does the game slow down after a while when the computer is running? It might be that your cpu speed is being throttled due to thermal issues, in that case you can go and undervolt your cpu.

Do you run with laptop plugged in? for best performance select the "high performance" power scheme in windows

5 hours ago, forameuss said:

There isn't really anything that's going to make a huge difference.  The speed of the game is going to be inversely proportional to how much you're asking it to process.  The better your specs, the better it'll process, but it's still fairly linear.  There's no real shortcuts to that.  

Mine runs fine it's just the constant stopping for fixtures that slows things down. Stops on Friday, three on Saturday then Sunday and Monday. Wouldn't mind if it just skips to my match and gets on with things.

Just now, isignedupfornorealreason said:

Mine runs fine it's just the constant stopping for fixtures that slows things down. Stops on Friday, three on Saturday then Sunday and Monday. Wouldn't mind if it just skips to my match and gets on with things.

You can holiday "until the next game", it's an option for holiday mode

Something I'd recommend would be going into your preferences and under 'Interface' select the checkbox under 'Processing' for 'Have fewer stops in play by increasing the duration of each processing break'. This means the game will stop less often when processing. 

Just a quick question.

By going to the interface and clicking on the checkbox and clicking Processing, for fewer stops. Do you miss on seeing any important news ( I mean does it by pass any items that you would normally get if you left it unclicked}?

Thank You

On ‎14‎/‎05‎/‎2019 at 17:18, Neil Brock said:

Something I'd recommend would be going into your preferences and under 'Interface' select the checkbox under 'Processing' for 'Have fewer stops in play by increasing the duration of each processing break'. This means the game will stop less often when processing. 

t a quick question.

By going to the interface and clicking on the checkbox and clicking Processing, for fewer stops. Do you miss on seeing any important news ( I mean does it by pass any items that you would normally get if you left it unclicked}?

On 16/05/2019 at 20:53, d d said:

Just a quick question.

Thank You

No problem. You don't miss any important info or decisions about your club. You might skip some news/social pages about other leagues, that's all. I recommend clicking for fewer stops.

18 hours ago, Legendary Manager said:

Turning the brightness down and having a blank desktop screen instead of a background will speed up game time around 10%.

I've noticed that if I put battery saver on it runs quicker, sounds mad but i think its something to do with throttling when the heat gets too high.  The match engine is definitely smoother (for me) on battery saver.  More of an observation than advice though really as some people may have better cooling solutions than others

1 hour ago, Brother Ben said:

I've noticed that if I put battery saver on it runs quicker, sounds mad but i think its something to do with throttling when the heat gets too high.  The match engine is definitely smoother (for me) on battery saver.  More of an observation than advice though really as some people may have better cooling solutions than others

If you have an intel cpu you may look at a tool called "Xtreme Tuning Utility" (there's also a tool called Throttlestop, but it's more for the advanced user).
You can undervolt your CPU & Graphic card (if it's an on board one) to prevent throttling due to heat. (undervolting cannot damage your system, it's not like overclocking and it's completely safe).
Google a bit and you'll find very easy to use how-to.

I've been able to run the game on my surface pro tablet on higher graphic settings then before with less heat (and less throttling)

the tool is also good to monitor how much your cpu throttles (how frequent and how low it goes)

1 hour ago, DavyDepuydt1 said:

If you have an intel cpu you may look at a tool called "Xtreme Tuning Utility" (there's also a tool called Throttlestop, but it's more for the advanced user).
You can undervolt your CPU & Graphic card (if it's an on board one) to prevent throttling due to heat. (undervolting cannot damage your system, it's not like overclocking and it's completely safe).
Google a bit and you'll find very easy to use how-to.

I've been able to run the game on my surface pro tablet on higher graphic settings then before with less heat (and less throttling)

the tool is also good to monitor how much your cpu throttles (how frequent and how low it goes)

Thats brilliant, thanks for that.

I'm running it on a Huawei Matebook E Windows tablet so i imagine my situation would be very similar to the Surface, i'll definitely look into undervolting though as i've tinkered a lot in the past with overclocking on a desktop so i'm happy to experiment

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, Brother Ben said:

Thats brilliant, thanks for that.

I'm running it on a Huawei Matebook E Windows tablet so i imagine my situation would be very similar to the Surface, i'll definitely look into undervolting though as i've tinkered a lot in the past with overclocking on a desktop so i'm happy to experiment

Just another tip, throttling on tablets because of hight temperature can also be shown in the tool as "power throttling" instead of "heat throttling". This is because some tablets (like the surface) have a secundary heat sensor that measures how hot the tablet cover is. If that is to high it "Power Throttles" instead of "Heat throttles" (when the cpu core is to hot).

Undervolting will also improve/solve this issue.

Edited by DavyDepuydt1

Posted (edited)

And another tip is in the advanced options of your "power plan" on windows... set the max cpu percentage to 99% instead of 100% (and make sure the min cpu usage is not 100% but 99 or less).

This deactivates the Intel Power Boost technology and keeps your CPU at it's core speed. The power boost let's your (fe.) 2.4GHZ CPU work at 4GHZ during short periods of time / as long as the system doesn't throttle. But it does generate a lot of heat and is a huge cause of issues when gaming on tablets

Edited by DavyDepuydt1