Sports Interactive Community
FMTgeek

Incorrect bonuses paid out

Hi,

6 of my players were paid bonuses for reaching the Group Stage of the Europa Cup and, whilst I don’t mind rewarding success, the bonuses weren’t in any of the players contracts so I’m not sure why they were paid out. Screenshot of one of the players contract is shown.

Thanks.

48E30561-4890-4CFD-A1F7-EC1148690CD2.png

8B3CD50E-7C57-47ED-8C91-0C7772889AA9.png

Hi @FMTgeek, do you have a save prior to the bonuses being paid out? I've just started a new game as West Ham and the likes of Wilshere, Anderson, etc. all have 200k bonuses if they reach the group stage of the EURO Cup. I assume they've now disappeared as they've since been paid out.

Hi @Alistair Skewes I’m afraid i don’t have a save before then. I’ve just looked and all my saves (and auto saves) are from yesterday now.

Its an interesting point you make about them being paid out because they’ve reached the group stage, because they did.

Is that normal for that bonus? That if the goal is reached in one season, and the bonus is paid, then that clause disappears from the contract for all future seasons? So if the players reached the group stage the following season they’d be no bonus? Surely not.

(When players have goal scoring bonuses, if they reach it in the first season, do they then not count for the rest of contract in future seasons etc etc?)

Hi, I would say that's relatively standard in some ways. If a player achieves their seasonal landmark goal clause, that then disappears from their contract, but remains until it's achieved. This is different to the goal bonus, which is a bonus for every goal the player scores and remains on the contract throughout its length.

So, yes, if the players then reached the group stage in a subsequent season they wouldn't receive the same bonus. This ultimately gives the player to then negotiate another bonus further down the line. I do agree that it's perhaps not entirely clear that this is the functionality of this bonus (and it seems more like a clause than a bonus), so we'll perhaps think of a better way to make this clear to the user.

Thanks for raising!