Sports Interactive Community
Sign in to follow this  
victorpetroll

Best PPMs for a ball possession football?

Hello everyone, this is my first topic in the forum, although I have been following things for some months now. I apologize for my bad English.
I have difficulty with many aspects of FM. Many things seem confusing to me and no matter how much I look, I can not find an explanation for them.
Something that I'm really in doubt right now is the PPM. I'm with Tottenham, playing a style based on ball possession. I wonder what moves are best for that style in each position.
Thanks in advance.

It's really specific to the roles you want them to fulfil in your tactic. 

When I do possession I tend to play a 433. For that I like Plays One-Twos for more advanced players (wide players, attacking midfielders, central midfielders who aren't playmakers), and on my wide forwards (AML/R) I like the combination of Gets Into Opposition AreaCuts Inside From Both Wings, and Comes Deep To Get Ball. The latter gets them more involved in the build-up, the former then gets them moving forward and makes them more of goal threat, and Cuts Inside... is just a behaviour I want from my wide players in a possession 433...or in most tactics I play actually (I like to use Wingers with the Cuts Inside... trait to get nice varied behaviour but keep them wide off the ball). 

For a deep playmaker I'd usually look for Dictates Tempo, and depending what I want out of the player and what I can actually get out of the player either Tries Killer Balls Often or Plays Simple Passes. For example someone like Frenkie De Jong I'd want more direct traits, but if I was trying to imitate the Busquets role I'd want the simple passing game. 

For full backs again I like Plays One-Twos as well.

It all depends on the capability of the players though, there's no point training a winger with 17 Crossing and only 10 Dribbling to cut inside, for example, or a guy with 5 Vision to try killer balls. 

For CBs: brings ball out of defence, runs with the ball, tries to play way out of trouble

As for any other role, depends on how you set them up, what it is you expect from them.