Body language - unrealistic?

I find the body language seems to be a bit off a lot of the time.  For example, I was playing in the FA cup final and we were 2-0 up with about half an hour to go.  My striker who has 20 for professionalism, has body language of Disinterested.

This is the FA cup final.  This is a ultra professional.  Why would anyone be disinterested in an FA Cup final.  Fair enough if we were 6-0 up in the third round against a conference side, but the FA cup final?  I find often if I go on any kind of good run, players, no matter how professional and determined they are can be either complacent or disinterested which just doesn't feel realistic to me.  I know the counter argument would be look at Pogba but I wouldn't call him professional or determined.

You don't see Man City players looking disinterested when they are thumping Burton 9-0 or Rotherham 7-0.

It probably doesn't affect the game that much but it does bug me.

I don't see much problems in the body language, but I think the body language you are seeing are a result of your Shouts in match.  As the other poster said, he's seen negative effect from shouts like "Encourage" and "Tighten Up".  I too have experienced this many times, but since I have now limited the number of shouts I use I don't get this problem. 

I would guess that the only reason I got this problem in the first place was because I didn't really understand the meaning of my Shout, and what it was doing to my team.  Now the only shouts I use are "Praise" "Demand More" "Get creative".  The first two (praise and demand more) I use very often, and I say it to my whole team.  Get Creative I only use sometimes and I only say this to individual players (only midfielders who I see are not getting key passes or chances created).  Regarding Praise and Demand more, it's pretty simple how I use it.  If my team concedes a goal, I would almost always "Demand more".  Even if I am 5-0 up the second we concede a goal I demand more and this usually has a good effect.  

The other one, I Praise my team mostly when they score (but not always).  If we are doing well in the match, for example we are winning 5-0.  I will of Praised my team at least 5 times, every time they scored I would praise them.  I also praise sometimes just because I am happy we have a clean sheet and winning.  However if we are losing, for example we are 2-0 down.  If my team scores to make it 2-1, I demand more cause I am still angry lol.  If we make it 2-2 I might demand more or praise.  This will depend on who we playing, if we are playing a good team and I think 2-2 is acceptable I will praise.  If we playing a worse team than us I will demand more at 2-2.  And only praise if and when we go 3-2 up.

4 hours ago, phd_angel said:

Every time I shout "Tighten Up" or "Concentrate", my squad reacts negatively, regardless of score/situation/time. It just doesn't make much sense.

Then you're using it in the wrong context. Concentrate especially - is there a danger of them losing concentration? Or, put another way - what causes you to feel like it's the correct time/context to use it?

Archived