Sports Interactive Community
jayrimmer

Lower League Management-Training and coaches help

Hi Team,

Sorry if this has been done to death and please sign post me if that is best but I have just taken the Hemel Hempstead job in the National League South.

How do you go about training a team with little resources and time (being part time)

i would like to develop some players to build my team as my team has no money.

is this possible?

Talk to me about coaches and other staff as well.

Thank you

In my experience, developing players on a part time schedule is very, very limited. And if you manage lower league club, it's not only that you have part time schedule, you also probably don't have good training facilities and coaches. So I wouldn't put too much stock in it. And I did not. For me most useful thing was bringing players on trials and signing free agents that are better then what I had at the time.

I dont think youll be able to develop players with a limited schedule and poor staff.

You may start with some rough gems that you can improve a little, but all in all at that level its usually simple tactics, combined with players with good physicals and pace, and then motivating them well

I wouldn't worry about trying to develop your players at that level improvements would be small and take a long time. I always concentrate on improving my squad with cheap players and free transfers every season. I play the dafuge challenge every year and I don't even try to develop my players properly until I have got my team promoted to the top league and my facilities and staff are excellent.