Sports Interactive Community
Sign in to follow this  
subtotalcurve

Lower/Smarter Wages Challenge

Hi. I’m thinking of starting with a club in the lower divisions in England and I’m hoping to get them to the Premier League. I don’t know which club I will choose atm. But I want to do it by being the club that pays its players the least salary - I think Burnley is the team in PL right now that holds this title. There’s been a lot of talk of big name players like Alexis Sanchez who is earning 500k p/week and regularly starts from the bench. I’d say that money could be invested in grassroots football.

So when I choose my team, i will be focusing on improving my youth and training facilities - using money I’ved saved from keeping wages lower.

Could this strategy work?

if you find players on Premier League level with lower reputation and ability - it should work.

Well its kind of doable, my highest wage in the first time i tried to get a team from conference to premier when i got to champions league final was 180k/w it wasn't even a first team regular, was more of first choise rotation for my aml, amr and striker my first teamer with highest wage was a center back at 135k so its doable, problem being what to do with players wanting new contracts

Certainly. If you start in lower divisions, you will inevitably have one of lowest payrolls for at least several years in premier league.

11 minutes ago, s0ni42 said:

Certainly. If you start in lower divisions, you will inevitably have one of lowest payrolls for at least several years in premier league.

That could be how it is for most teams when they achieve promotion to PL. Of course then they could start throwing money at player transfers. I doubt I would need to do that.