Squad Planning Feature

maccataq

Good idea, I definitely agree the game needs more Manager tools to evaluate our team of players. The squad depth screen has the potential to be used in better ways than it is now. I use a notebook next to my PC to makes notes about my players based on my own ideas but would prefer if FM had some options natively to aid this process. 

I put of ideas along this line also a while ago so hoping SI give us better manager tools later  

Agreed. For one, would like a more robust wage commitment page like the below (mocked in Excel)

1634819496_SquadContract.thumb.jpg.a8905e8c6e2dc0a54c2604fba7174811.jpg

And a bonus tracking page that helps me better understand how much is being paid out in performance bonuses.

2103894120_PerformanceBonuses.thumb.jpg.df25b5170e2ec91da3dc4006ce2f55ef.jpg

Edited by Harper

On 10/05/2019 at 00:42, Powermonger said:

Good idea, I definitely agree the game needs more Manager tools to evaluate our team of players. The squad depth screen has the potential to be used in better ways than it is now. I use a notebook next to my PC to makes notes about my players based on my own ideas but would prefer if FM had some options natively to aid this process. 

I put of ideas along this line also a while ago so hoping SI give us better manager tools later  

Thanks!

Just read the thread you shared and some great ideas in there. I really like the idea of evaluating players based on how they fit into your philosophy & system and extending this to recruitment as this will help enhance the game to more realistic levels. You could play 352 with wing backs so a RW, however, good he is or might be, should be determined as a poor fit. The Jamie Vardy example is also a good one.

This kind of evaluation should then extend to players performing well for some clubs and not others and more examples in the game will occur where clubs will overlook the talent of a player whereas another club will turn them into a star.

• 1 year later...