how do I improve my scouting assignments? My scout lately either offer too expensive player or low quality player.

hi. I'm currently managing Leicester city team. my scouting departmenet is quite decent, especially the chief scout. I then also add few more scout with good judging player ability and potential (above 15) 

during first and second season, I let my chief scout to do the assignment, let them handle scouting, and I take the report. the result is amazing. I got lot of player for cheap and even free (Giorgio Wijnaldum , loanee, later signed for free; Divock Origi, signed for free ; Sergio Raya, Darlan Bentoya, Francisco ortega, Kristoph Ajer, Dario Maresic, Robert Gummy, Pedro, all signed at cheap and reasonable prices). only shaqiri are bit expensive.

those are example of their amazing work. so then despite my player keep wanting to left when there's interest from bigger sides (Chilwell, Mcguire,Pereira, Adrien Silva, Demarai Gray, Vardy) , I always got adequate replacement without breaking my bank. my team even qualified for EURO cup and champions league.

howewer, after 2 season, the 3rd and 4th were disapointing. they start to recomend very expensive player. because of no choice, then I broke my bank to brought the likes of Will Hughes , Victor Tsygankov, etc. I broke most expensive player record for my club like 3 times

ridiculously, I'm able to sign 2 reasonable player ,but not from my scout. from media ! I saw in social feed , voting from others club fan, or some club made a bit. other time, I keep only got news the likes of Tottenham, Brighton, Chelsea, signed player I should target .

in my 4th season I'm even forced to only have 1 good left back and goalkeeper as all my scout recomendation either sky bet level, or ridiculously expensive.

I tried to handle the assignment by myself for 5th season. I set where they go, set the price, who seek for hot prospect, who seek for first teamer, what position, set the budget , etc. this didnt work as first time, instead, the player recomendation are in lesser number. I then forced to spend all of my transfer budget just for backup GK and Left back.

my question, regarding my scout sudden decline, what should I check? what should I do? they used to work well, but somehow now become unreasonable.

33 minutes ago, Hanan96 said:

bump

The problem is likely that you're offering very little in terms of information. Why not go into more specifics about what you're actually setting as the assignments? You mention

On 09/05/2019 at 11:38, Hanan96 said:

I set where they go, set the price, who seek for hot prospect, who seek for first teamer, what position, set the budget , etc.

So what exactly do you set? Are you not being too specific with what you set? The fact that you mention you're getting fewer recommendations does sound like you're being too specific with the assignment.

Just now, HUNT3R said:

The problem is likely that you're offering very little in terms of information. Why not go into more specifics about what you're actually setting as the assignments? You mention

So what exactly do you set? Are you not being too specific with what you set?

okay thank you for responding. at least I know what's confusing here.

first, there's only 1 season where I set the assignments myself.  the rest, I left them to my head scout. and the problem had happen since before I take over.

what did I set? Player potential at least 3.5 stars, target for transfer, while few scout go for hot prospect,  transfer value max at Eur 70 milliion.

1 minute ago, Hanan96 said:

what did I set? Player potential at least 3.5 stars, target for transfer, while few scout go for hot prospect,  transfer value max at Eur 70 milliion.

You mentioned that your squad became a lot better than the current squad. Now your minimum requirement is that the potential needs to be definitely (in your scout's opinion) even better than your current, better squad, but can only cost a max of 70m.

If I were you, I'd relax on the criteria so that you get more results and from those results you can look into the players more yourself to see who's a target for you or not.

6 minutes ago, HUNT3R said:

You mentioned that your squad became a lot better than the current squad. Now your minimum requirement is that the potential needs to be definitely (in your scout's opinion) even better than your current, better squad, but can only cost a max of 70m.

If I were you, I'd relax on the criteria so that you get more results and from those results you can look into the players more yourself to see who's a target for you or not.

yes my squad is lot better. the problem is already started even before I set those value. why aren't you see this?

70m is big amount of money. my team got budget around 90-110 each season.For example when I do need a backup player, like I wrote before I have one left back and goalkeeper, is it wise to broke the bank for the sake of two backup?

by now, majority of my scout reccomendation is at least 140m, which is far exceed my budget. I can't buy anyone

The main issue in having is that my scouts keep recommending me players who are on far too big wages for me to afford. Like, players already earning 13-15k where my team can only offer a maximum of 2k per week. What’s the point?

22 hours ago, Kanwulf said:

The main issue in having is that my scouts keep recommending me players who are on far too big wages for me to afford. Like, players already earning 13-15k where my team can only offer a maximum of 2k per week. What’s the point?

Thats simmilar to my situation, except mine is about transfer fees rather than wages

20 hours ago, jack18881717 said:

Can you not set the maximum AP in the scout assignments, so they only scout players who are under the maximum you would pay?

see yourself. I already did, and it only reduce the recommendaton number

it seems my scout is mistaken my club as manchester city

To put it bluntly:

the new scouting module is broken.

Don't get me wrong, on paper it was a step in the right direction, by trying to limit the all-knowing power of ANY scout. In the past you could find out everything about anyone by simply shipping your average scout to the four corners of the planet. In a matter of a few in-game days.

Unfortunately, the new system is way too restrictive and, as pointed out by @Smurf in the "Wonderkids list is cheating" thread, it's now a cumbersome and limiting aspect of the game that conflicts with logic and with realism.
We shouldn't need a "scouting package" to have access to reliable data on the teams and players in our own division and, mostly, country. We shouldn't need to spend extra money from our budget to scout a well-known international player.

As if the new features weren't frustrating enough, scouts seem to lack the most basic awareness about the club they're working for!

Again, I shouldn't have to tell my scouts "don't look for players with wages >N p/w". Heck do you think scouts at, say, Brighton, get reminded that they can't afford to sign Alexis Sanchez or that Christian Pulisic may not be interested in joining?
Just like the Players Search tab has the "Interest in transfer/loan" menu, Scouts should automatically ignore players who are too expensive, too demending and simply too good for the club.

As said, my scouts at Rosenborg kept on suggesting me to sign some EPL players with transfer fee and wage at least 4x higher than our entire yearly budgets... To top it, the club was unlikely to sell and the player's interest was Dubious...
It's like a car-dealer suggesting you to purchase a Bentley Continental while you showed up asking for an economy hatchback...

On 19/05/2019 at 19:09, RBKalle said:

To put it bluntly:

the new scouting module is broken.

Don't get me wrong, on paper it was a step in the right direction, by trying to limit the all-knowing power of ANY scout. In the past you could find out everything about anyone by simply shipping your average scout to the four corners of the planet. In a matter of a few in-game days.

Unfortunately, the new system is way too restrictive and, as pointed out by @Smurf in the "Wonderkids list is cheating" thread, it's now a cumbersome and limiting aspect of the game that conflicts with logic and with realism.
We shouldn't need a "scouting package" to have access to reliable data on the teams and players in our own division and, mostly, country. We shouldn't need to spend extra money from our budget to scout a well-known international player.

As if the new features weren't frustrating enough, scouts seem to lack the most basic awareness about the club they're working for!

Again, I shouldn't have to tell my scouts "don't look for players with wages >N p/w". Heck do you think scouts at, say, Brighton, get reminded that they can't afford to sign Alexis Sanchez or that Christian Pulisic may not be interested in joining?
Just like the Players Search tab has the "Interest in transfer/loan" menu, Scouts should automatically ignore players who are too expensive, too demending and simply too good for the club.

As said, my scouts at Rosenborg kept on suggesting me to sign some EPL players with transfer fee and wage at least 4x higher than our entire yearly budgets... To top it, the club was unlikely to sell and the player's interest was Dubious...
It's like a car-dealer suggesting you to purchase a Bentley Continental while you showed up asking for an economy hatchback...

then how do you found an adequate player for your search?

8 ore fa, Hanan96 ha scritto:

then how do you found an adequate player for your search?

1) You set a lot of criteria for every scouting assignment (ie. max wage is N p/w, max asking price is X millions), but that's not a guarantee that the club will sell the player for a fee you can afford or that he'll ask for reasonable wages instead of a 400% raise.

2) You look at ALL the scouting reports to find those who are actually interested in joining AND you can afford to sign and pay.

3) You simply use the Player Search function and scout individual players hoping to find some good and viable candidates.

• 3 weeks later...
On 25/05/2019 at 06:15, RBKalle said:

1) You set a lot of criteria for every scouting assignment (ie. max wage is N p/w, max asking price is X millions), but that's not a guarantee that the club will sell the player for a fee you can afford or that he'll ask for reasonable wages instead of a 400% raise.

2) You look at ALL the scouting reports to find those who are actually interested in joining AND you can afford to sign and pay.

3) You simply use the Player Search function and scout individual players hoping to find some good and viable candidates.

wouldnt set a lot criteria will reduce the report numbers? I tried in one season, and then the number of player reccomended dropped a lot. idk if I try this again for at least 2 years wheter I will a good player.

btw is scout rating is accurate? if the player rated 60 , the player arent that good?

18 ore fa, Hanan96 ha scritto:

wouldnt set a lot criteria will reduce the report numbers? I tried in one season, and then the number of player reccomended dropped a lot. idk if I try this again for at least 2 years wheter I will a good player.

It'd reduce the amount of players, but it'd also reduce the amount of potentially GOOD players...

I shouldn't be forced to set half a dozen criteria for my scouts to understand that top-level EPL or La Liga players are well out of our league in terms of money and appeal. The game should already take care of that by default, like it filters out the Unrealistic Targets in the player search menu.

A player on a 2M p/y salary is unlikely to be interested in our offer if our top earner gets 500k and our reputation is much lower than that of his current club/league.

18 ore fa, Hanan96 ha scritto:

btw is scout rating is accurate? if the player rated 60 , the player arent that good?

Yes and no!

It depends on how good your scouts are, but don't forget that the AI judges mostly by CA and Reputation, ignoring important factors like attributes distribution and hidden attributes.

So a player rated 60 but who's consistent, balanced and has the key attributes for his role can be better than a player rated 80 but with glaring personality or tecnhical/mental flaws.

Archived