Navie

How do I install the game on another computer without breaching copyright?

24 posts in this topic

If I want to install the game on another computer how do I do it? Do I just install and enter the Serial key?

yeah just as you would normally

What he said. You're allowed to have FM09 installed on 5 different computers at the same time :thup:

Yes. you can install on upto 5 machines under the licence key

What he said. You're allowed to have FM09 installed on 5 different computers at the same time :thup:

How do I know how many installs I have left?

Well, if you can't count to 5 then I worry for you fella.

Well, if you can't count to 5 then I worry for you fella.

Lol..no. I meant how do I check on the computer or on the disk how many install I have left? Obviously I will know how much I have but to make sure.

I'm not sure how you check it tbh. Surely you yourself sould know? BTW, if you uninstall the game on one computer, you get that licence back. Is that what's confusing you?

How do I know how many installs I have left?

By counting how many computers you have installed it on and subtracting it from five...

I'm not sure how you check it tbh. Surely you yourself sould know? BTW, if you uninstall the game on one computer, you get that licence back. Is that what's confusing you?

No. I just want to be able to physically check myself.

By counting how many computers you have installed it on and subtracting it from five...

What if you can install it on 7 computers and have the game on all 7? What would you say then?

What if you can install it on 7 computers and have the game on all 7? What would you say then?

You can only have it installed on 5 computers at a time.

How do you propose activating it on all seven?

wow. just wow.

How do you propose activating it on all seven?

Thats what i'm saying, I want to be able to check on the disk how many times I have installed and how many install I have left.

Thats what i'm saying, I want to be able to check on the disk how many times I have installed and how many install I have left.

But you can only ever have it installed once on one computer at a time AFAIK - why would you need to check?

im really confused with this kid

I'm no kid. I guess you people don't understand what i'm trying to explain.

But you can only ever have it installed once on one computer at a time AFAIK - why would you need to check?

I want to check so that I know the computer does not make any mistakes in giving me back my install...say for example if I uninstalled.

what if some guy buys the game and then gives it to his friend who then installs it

could this happen

Yeah...I have read that :D , I read it yesterday while waiting to go to ASDA to buy the game.

Let me try and explain a bit better what I mean...is there a way I can insert the FM2009 DVD into my laptop and go to 'My computer' or something, and check how many times my disc has been used to install the game? All I need is a Yes or No answer :D

Btw...whoever thinks this is a silly question...its not, I am just curious and protective about my FM2009 copy.