It's a Fair Way to get from the bottom to the top

mark wilson27

Played using FM18 with Dan BHTFC's FM18 E22 – England to Level 22 database. The lowest team you can pick is Fairwarp. Will see how far I can go. 

The club has minimal junior coaching, no staff, no players and the training and youth facilities are next to none.. The clubs ground is called Fairwarp Recreation Ground which has a 1,000 capacity. The ticket price is currently £2 with a season ticket costing a whole £12.
The bank balance starts with enough to buy a takeaway £20
The Mid Sussex Football Division Nine sees us at the bottom of the English Football Pyramid. We will be playing each side twice in the league meaning the season lasts 18 games. The top two sides of the division earn automatic promotion with no play-offs. 

Season One 2017-18:
June 2017:
No Matches so no reports

Monthly Results: (Friendlies unless stated)
No Matches so no reports

Team:
No matches so no team stats (Also when I started we didn't have a squad)

Other News:
The board has come with its expectations for the season. They are expecting us to finish bottom of the League, in the Brian Hall Challenge Cup they expect us to reach the 1st round. The Mid Sussex Junior Cup they want us to reach the 1st Rd and the Tester Challenge Cup they again want us to reach the 1st Rd. So in truth all the cups there not bothered if we get knocked out in the first game.

Staff wise I brought in Warren Benett as my assistant, he is 33yrs old.. I have also brought in Luke Benfield to assist with the Under 18's, he is 30yrs old.
Shane Blackman has joined as a coach, he is 30yrs old.
Craig Mason will join as head of youth development, he is 49yrs old
Grant Rose has joined as Under 23's manager

International news sees the World Cup 2022 moving to Australia instead of Qatar after clubs complained about the scheduling.

Transfer News:
David Hicks 31yr old central midfield, his previous clubs include Tottenham, Northampton before mainly lower league teams.
Aaron Stringfellow 29yr old Full Back, his previous clubs include Coventry and the rest were lower league sides
Sos Yao 29yr old Striker, his previous clubs include West Ham United, Cheltenham and lower league sides.

Bank Balance: - £347

@Rien102 I'm not setting any sort of time limit, It'll be a case of seeing how far I can go with it. 

July 2017: 
Our first pre-season friendly sees us facing Hilltop and we didn't start well with M.McEachran heading past my keeper within a minute. On the 3rd minute though we equalised with R.Brooks beating the offside trap and firing under the keeper. Just before the break we took the lead as R.Brooks headed in. The second half was end to end football and with nine minutes remaining in the game M.McEachran equalised the scores with a fine strike.

Our next game saw us facing Harrow Rangers and we dominated from the start. Two minutes into the game we took the lead as R.Brooks barged through the defence and fired under the keeper. On the 15th minute R.Brooks grabbed another goal with a low shot which gave the keeper little chance of saving. Twelve minutes later A.Stringfellow gave us a three goal lead going into the break. The second half was ll my side however we only managed to add one more goal with R.Brooks completing his hat-trick.

The next friendly sees us facing AS Marck and in truth it was a pretty dire game with little in the way of action for the 36 fans in attendance. The second half wasn't much better than the first but on the 76th minute we grabbed the winner with L.Walker rattling in from close range.

We now faced Larkspur Rovers and despite keeping the ball better we didn't get close to scoring in the first half but the away side did with S.Dicks curling in from outside the area. The second half was much the same as we carried on the pressure but as in the first half we struggled in the final third and got punished on the 67th minute as T.Berry slotted in under my keeper. We did manage to get one goal as deep into injury time S.Yao fired in with power past the keeper.

Overton Athletic were our next opponents and they played a lot better than we did. We in truth never turned up and were very lucky not to concede in the first half. The second half was all Overton and on the 73rd minute they finally broke through my defence with S.Fairclough doing the honours from just inside the area. With a minute remaining in the game they grabbed goal number two with B.Wallace rasping in a free-kick from twenty five yards after a handball.

Next up was Petworth and for once we started well as we scored three minutes into the game with R.Seaton slotting in from ten yards. However after the goal the game seemed to be contained in the middle third of the pitch. The second half was just as tight but just after the hour mark Petworth grabbed the equaliser. The rest of the game was a damp squid and the sixteen fans had to deal with a 1-1 draw.

Milland were up next with a whole thirteen fans watching the game. Three of those were away fans and on the 7th minute they were cheering as B.Broadbent headed in from close range. On the 23rd minute we levelled the scores with R.Seaton showing some great pace to beat the defence and fired with pace past the keeper. The second half was pretty tight with some very sloppy play by my side and the Milland side. In truth a 1-1 draw was a fair result.

Our final game of the month saw us facing Heston Bombers and we took the lead on the 18th minute as D.Hicks ran in from the wing to fire past the keeper. Just before the half time interval we grabbed another goal with T.Ash hitting a long range effort over the keepers head and into the back of the net. The second half was all my side but we struggled in the final third until the 85th minute when L.Walker beat the offside trap and fired with pace past the keeper.

Monthly Results: (Friendlies unless stated)
5/7/17: Hilltop (h) (att.16) 2-2d R.Brooks (2) / M.McEachran (2)
8/7/17: Harrow Rangers (h) (19) 4-0w R.Brooks (3), A.Stringfellow
12/7/17: AS Marck (h) (36) 1-0w L.Walker
15/7/17: Larkspur Rovers (h) (25) 1-2L S.Yao / S.Dicks, T.Berry
17/7/17: St. Nicholas (h) (18) 4-1w A.Stringfellow, D.Hicks, Z.Oseyemi, L.Walker / B.Galloway 
19/7/17: Overton Athletic (h) (17) 0-2L S.Fairclough, B.Wallace
22/7/17: Petworth (h) (16) 1-1d R.Seaton / M.Weedon
26/7/17: Milland (h) (13) 1-1d R.Seaton / B.Broadbent
30/7/17: Heston Bombers (h) (23) 3-0w D.Hicks, T.Ash, L.Walker

Team:
No competitive games so no team stats

Other News:
I have been put on a coaching course to earn my Continental C Licence, it will take me four months to complete and the club has kindly paid for it.
I have brought in Ed Gubbins as my Head Physio and Elliott Hand as a Fitness Coach. I have also welcomed Neville Hustwick as a physio, he is 26yr old.
Before the start of the main season I have been asked to pick the clubs captains. James Russell will be my captain with Devonte Holloway as my vice captain

Transfer News:
Lee Hall 29yr old Full Back, his previous clubs include Fulham and host of non league sides
Rhys Harris 19yr old Striker has been given an amateur contract from the youth side
Rob Seaton 18yr old Striker has been promoted and given an amateur contract from the youth side
Tom Ash 18yr old Winger has been promoted and given an amateur contract from the youth side
Perry Stephens 18yr old Winger has been given an amateur contract from the youth side
Jon Haines 18yr old midfielder has been given an amateur contract from the youth side
Tim N'Lundulu 18yr old midfielder has been promoted from the youth side and given an amateur contract
Marcus Wynne 18yr old midfielder has been promoted the senior squad and given an amateur contract
Ronnie Christie 18yr old Winger has been given an amateur contract after impressing at youth level
Devonte Holloway 18yr old centre back has been promoted from the youth squad and given an amateur contract
Bobby Farrar 18yr old centre back who has been given a new amateur contract by the club
Bryan Verdi 18yr old centre back who been promoted from the youth side and given an amateur contract
Drew Doyle 18yr old goalie who like many of the others has been promoted from the youth side and given an amateur contract
Anthony Leek 18yr old goalie who has earn't a new amateur contract after being promoted from the youth side
Ryan Brooks 29yr old striker who has joined on a free, his previous clubs include Oxford United and several non league sides
Ray Facey 28yr old winger who has joined on a free, his only previous league club was a season with Kidderminster Harriers.
Sinn'kaye Christie 19yr old centre back who joined on a free after being released by Leatherhead
James Russell 26yr old full back who has joined on a free, he had two seasons at Kettering Town and three seasons at Cogenhoe United.
Rikki Banks 29yr old goalie who has joined on a free. He had spells with Crystal Palace, Crawley Town and Lewes
Robert Macdonald 29yr old midfielder has joined on a free after spells with Cambridge United and Newport Pagnell Town
Luke Walker 30yr old striker who had a spell at Aldershot Town with several spells at other non league sides

Bank Balance: £1,177

Archived