Wingers / insiders duties

Clarify me please this case because I use it in trial and errors method / intuitively.

I can see W and IF in support duty which scores goals and I can see the same roles in attack duty which have assists.

The most obvious difference as I can see its high position of attack duties 

1*S6SDuOtSZrIg_-jn6UuVPg.png
copyright

So is there any rule sounds like 'If you want ... you need to choose support, and if you want ... you need to choose attack' ?

There is no specific rule, mate. As with everything else, it depends on how you set up the overall tactic, as well as the players you play in these roles (attributes, traits, stronger foot). When it comes to the attacking phase of the game, it basically comes down to where and how you create space and who then (and how) exploits that space. So the same player played in the same role and duty can perform very differently within different tactical setups (systems).

as both Roles do actually move into the box (cutting inside) anyway when in the final third i feel like it mostly is about how they are trying to create chances for their teammates. While a Winger is more about crossing (see assigned PIs) the IF will try to create chance via passes (through balls). Duty mostly is about the risk level of a player. While a player on support will fit into the overall team mentality, an attacking one will be trying to go for riskier moves which includes positioning, forward runs, passes, shooting and so on, basicly everything. Also an attacking player wont be helping on defense too much.

On 06/05/2019 at 14:03, Novem9 said:

So is there any rule sounds like 'If you want ... you need to choose support, and if you want ... you need to choose attack' ?

If you want more immediate runs in behind the defence ( because the opposition is playing with a high line, or you imagine him as a pure goalscorer), then choose an attack duty - provided you see that there is space to be exploited behind the opposition defence. If there isn't, because they are deep I usually give support duty, because in that case there is space in front of the defence. But as with all things in FM it depends on your setup. Your system might require that a wide player be on attack duty to push back the opposition defence even if they are sitting deep so that late runners have space to run into.

Archived