rancer890's FM09 small club to big club Asian/African Challenge

Also, I noticed that most foreigners in the league are from either South America or Africa. Is there a reason for this, wouldn't it be more common with players from the neighbouring countries?

I would assume that since there is no massive difference between the other leagues in the area the players would rather stay in their own country. Europeans are hardly going to chose to play in Asia except for perhaps at the twilight of their carear so you're left with various African and South American players looking for a anywhere that might give them a reasonable wage.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You've got that right, Quakje.

Singaporeans won't be interested playing in Indonesia, they're already paid better. Same as Malaysians. A few Thai play here, but the top ones would rather go to Singapore. Vietnamese or Burmans just don't go outside their countries.

But the real reason why we don't have many neighbors playing in our league is simply because their level of football skills are about the same ours, so why should we pay more for them?

Africans, on the other hand, the less talented anyway, love to play in our league. From interviews and testimonies that I've read in the papers, living conditions here are many times better than their hometowns in Africa, they get paid way more, and at the same time the laws are not as strict as those in, say, Singapore. Many African players decided to live in the country after their playing days were over.

Central/South Americans usually come for the pay. In general they're more skillful than the Africans, whom are less talented but mo physical, and they're less likely to stay around after their careers are over. We've got a whole lot of Chileans here, way more than Brazilians, Argentinians, and others.

@Earendil

Sorry, forgot your last question there buddy.

Fairplay flag is carried out onto the field before the game during the national anthem, just like in any other game, but its application is less than ideal. Most Indonesian referees are scared that they'll get pushed around, shoved, or even beat up in the middle of the pitch by players and even officials that they tend to ignore minor fouls. What deserves a sent-off is only given a yellow, what warrants a yellow is just cautioned.

This has become a habit in our play that when we play international games, our teams are usually yellow- or even red-carded for fouls that they can get away with in domestic league.

The exception would be when the match is officiated by Jimmy Napitupulu or Purwanto, dunno if they're in the game or not, our only two referees whom are FIFA-certified. It's common to see them flash out 5,6,7 yellows and even 1 or 2 reds during a match.

Maybe thats another reason why they can't perform internationally, a mentality of industrial challenges and hacking people down as you suggest is hardly going to lead to you getting many techincally gifted players. Any quick skillful guy would be easy muscled out by a no skill brute of a man.

On my game Indonesia U20 have won the U20 Asian Cup, got to the Quarters of the U20 World Cup, and the senor team finished runners-up in the Asian Cup, all in 2015. They're now ranked 44th in the world, so on FM at least there's some talent in Indonesia. Overly good regens seem to be down to that though, I don't think there are original players left in the national team.

I don't think I've done an update for a couple of seasons, I can't remember what happened in the first of those. I'll try and do some season reviews later today.

Interesting few posts there ivanro. (yes I did know your posts were there :p)

The physical style of play in Indonesia is certainly interesting. Honesty, I might give Indonesia a shot in FM09. Of course, if China comes calling, I'll have no choice but to move. :D

FM08

Season 15: Rizhiquan - Chinese Super League (2022)

Media Prediction: 2nd

Finishing Position: 1st

Chinese FA Cup: Lost in Final

Asian Champions League: 2nd in Group Stage

East Asian Championship: 4th

Transfers/Squad

Transfers

Only transfer in was a Syrian defender. Key players out include defender Wu Lijin ($1 million) and Guam international Robert Paulino.

Squad

Finances

Finances

Club Information

Club Information

Awards

Chinese FA Cup Top Goalscorer - Thomas Sablan -2nd place

Chinese Foreign Player of the Year - Thomas Sablan - 1st place

Chinese Golden Boot - Zhu Jinhui - 1st place

Chinese Manager of the Year - Me - 1st place :D

Chinese Player of the Year - Zhu Jinhui - 1st place

Goals for the Future

• Keep winning the league
  • Compete for a quarter-final spot in the Champions League
  • Become a rich club!!! :D
  • pray that the Chinese FA fire their national team manager...

Season        Team          League          Finished
2008          Rizhiquan     Jia League          11th
2009          Rizhiquan     Jia League           8th
2010          Rizhiquan     Jia League           9th
2011          Rizhiquan     Jia League           6th
2012          Rizhiquan     Jia League           5th
2013          Rizhiquan     Jia League           5th
2014          Rizhiquan     Jia League           4th
2015          Rizhiquan     Jia League           2nd
2016          Rizhiquan     Super League         6th
2017          Rizhiquan     Super League         4th
2018          Rizhiquan     Super League         4th
2019          Rizhiquan     Super League         4th
2020          Rizhiquan     Super League         1st
2021          Rizhiquan     Super League         1st
2022          Rizhiquan     Super League         1st

Season update 2013/14 - Barito Putra Banjarmasin

Premier Division: 3rd First Phase 3rd Second Phase

Indonesian Cup: 2nd Round

An improvement on last season, as we finish 3rd and qualify for the Second Phase, despite predictions of 11th. However, in the Second Phase, we missed out on promotion by 1 goal. We beat Gresik United in the final game, missing a penalty along the way, and finishing below them on goals scored.

Tito Husein and Yustinus Suhana were the joint top scorers in the Premier Division this year. Our cup run didn't get going, as we fell at the 2nd Round. Due to this, our finances only improved slightly this year.

Short update because I can't really remember much else that happened.

Season       Division            Media Prediction  Finish
2009/10      First Division      5th               8th 
2010/11      First Division      6th               3rd
2011/12      First Division      6th               1st
2012/13      Premier Division    15th              8th
2013/14      Premier Division    11th              3rd

Season update 2014/15 - Barito Putra Banjarmasin

Premier Division: 2nd First Phase 1st Second Phase Champions

Indonesian Cup: 2nd Round

With a prediction of as high as 8th this year from the media, and with the experience of the Second Phase from last year, we set about getting promotion to the Super League for the first time with optimism.

However, a below-par start left us floundering in mid-table after the first 7 or 8 games, albeit in a tight division. After this, we went from strength to strength, and after reaching the top 4 stayed there for the rest of the season, eventually finishing in 2nd.

Finishing in the top 2 of our group for the Second Phase seemed like a real possibility, but suffered a setback as we drew against Persipasi 0-0, supposedly the weakest team of the 4. After this though we managed to get 2-1 and 3-0 wins against Persibom and PSPS, to secure promotion and allow us to have a tilt at the title after finishing top.

The final pitted us against Produta FC, with whom we drew 0-0 in the Second Phase last year as both of us failed to win promotion. A 0-0 stalemate seemed the most likely result again, but we breezed through the game, winning 3-1 to take our first silverware.

The standout players this season were noth the 2 strikers, but the 2 wingers, Mashuri and Syafei. Suhana was our top scorer with 16, Husein only netting 11.

With the prize money from our victory, our finances neared a million pounds in the bank, as we looked forward to setting foot alongside Indonesia's elite in the league for the first time. Whether I would see the need to tap into this healthy budget would remain to be seen.

2014/15      Premier Division    8th               2nd

Season update 2015/16 - Barito Putra Banjarmasin

Super League: 6th Table

Indonesian Cup: 3rd

A thoroughly successful first season in the top flight, which few would have predicted before the season. The media were predicting us to finish bottom, but once again they've been proved wrong.

With a transfer budget of more than £150k available and plenty of wage budget to strengthen my armoury, I chose to stick, not twist, bringing in only a few youth players from the trial day, continuing my trend of not having paid a penny of transfer money in my time in charge, as well as only signing Indonesian players.

The season predictably started with a 3-0 defeat away to Persipura, the champions, before a surprising 4-3 triumph away to Persibo. This however was followed by a run of 6 games without a win, that left the club hovering over the drop zone, with fears of a relegation struggle in the coming months.

These fears proved unfounded, as we won 3 on the trot and went unbeaten for 8 games to lift us into the safe mid table position that we would stay in for much of the season, before pillaging a few places in the final few games of the season. I didn't think a finish as high as 6th would be possible, and would have been happy with 14th, but it just shows that the group of players currently at the club is good enough to compete at this level. With an average age of just 21, hopefully this group of players will stay together and keep improving our position over the next few years.

Alongside the league success, we had our best performance in the cup. 21/10 Home legs in the cup games were never a dull affair for us, as we scored 21 and shipped 10 in the 6 games, and this included a 0-0 draw in the First Round. Away from home, our record was 1/1/4, which didn't matter as we tied up most games at home. We fell in the semis to a fellow Super League, on away goals after a 5-5 draw on aggregate. Our cup form was slightly strange as in the league we only picked up 2 fewer points away from home than at home. After the defeat in the semis, we went one better than 3 years ago, and beat Persebaya 2-1 aet to take 3rd place.

Season ticket sales at the start of this season doubled, to 1669, providng a good income. The cup run was also a nice little earner, along with improved gates in the league - averaging 11815, 8th in the league. We now have £1.25m in the bank, so are quite secure for the moment. Another source of income could be from selling my star youngsters, such as keeper Indra Taufik, whom Sevilla among others have been looking at. The highest bid so far has been £250k, and he's worth much more than that to me. I don't want to seel my star players, I want them to be successful with me. He hasn't actually complained about me rejecting bids for him, so all's good :D

For next season, more of the same really. Another solid season in the Super League, giving us a platform to challenge for trophies in the not too distant future.

2014/15      Premier Division    8th               2nd
2015/16      Super League        18th              6th

The Rizhiquan board has announced the following:D:

• plans to install undersoil heating
  • upgrade youth facilities
  • a new kit sponsorship deal worth $375k a year.

Thank you board and you too Mr. Chairman. :D

And great seasons there JSalter. :)

You're averaging more fans than me...

Great news on the upgrades Rancer, should get even better youth players in future. Don't seem to get youth players for clubs in Indonesia, so no point on mine being upgraded unfortunately :( Plus we don't own our stadium. At least it's a decent 17500 (8000 seated). They can't even relay the pitch though, after 7 years it's in a terrible condition :D

Maybe sometime in future we might get our own stadium if we become a continental force, there's nowhere else for the money to go.

I've no idea why, most clubs have average youth facilities and a youth academy, but none get any youth players. I'm at the start of a new season, and have done a search for Indonesians at most aged 17, that are unattached, and there are 1872 found. Seems that all the youth players generated start without a club for some reason.

Maritzburg City 2014/15

The league was rubbish, knockout cup and super 8 cup likewise. We made the quarter final of the South African cup before a terrible performance lost that one too, an equally embarrasing performance in the first half the African Super Cup left us down 2-0. Pulled it back to 2-1 but still defeated with ease. The board won't upgrade the stadium because of a "lack of space", this is the Harry Gwala stadium, situated in the southern corner of a rather large park it seems.

Anyway I'm still in this years African Cup Winners Cup, a competition I think I need to win to qualify for continental competitions next year.

Preliminary Round vs Interclube (Angola) 2-1 agg.

1st Round vs URA FC (Uganda) 5-0 agg.

2nd Round vs Bidvest Wits (South Africa) a1-1 agg.

Comfortable win over the Angolans followed by a very easy 5-0 win in Uganda, amazingly it finished 0-0 at home, I have no idea how Galada put this over the bar having already ran past the keeper. A very tough draw against fellow South Africans in the 2nd round though with 2 draws, thankfully the score draw was away from home. Next up ENPPI of Egypt.

Domestic

2009/10 - 7th South African 1st Division Inland - 1st Div Cup, 1st Round - SA Cup, 2nd Round

2010/11 - 1st South African 1st Division Inland - 1st Div Cup, 1st Round - SA Cup, 3rd Round

2011/12 - 6th South African Premier - Knockout Cup, Qtr Final - SA Cup, 2nd Round

2012/13 - 4th South African Premier - Super 8 Cup, Semi Final - KO Cup, Final - SA Cup, 2nd Round

2013/14 - 3rd South African Premier - Super 8 Cup, Qtr Final - KO Cup, Semi Final - SA Cup, 2nd Round

2014/15 - 7th South African Premier - Super 8 Cup, Qtr Final - KO Cup, 1st Round - SA Cup, Qtr Final

Africa

2014 - African Cup Winners Cup, Winners vs Al-Ahly (Egypt)

2015 - African Cup Winners Cup, Running... - African Super Cup, Lost vs Club Africain (Tunisia)

Quick Midseason update.

After 15 games I'm sat 7th in the League. Have won 5 drawn 5 and lost 5 scoring 26 goals so far (thats 2 less than all last season). Can still finish anywhere though.

Rancer just to let you know Rizhiquan are 15th with 9 points. There 5 points away from safety but its not looking good for them.

Persmin Minahasa - Indonesian Premier Division - Season 2011/12

The league

Media Prediction: 6th

After the first three rounds I knew we were going to have a good season as we started with three straight wins, all of which we had dominated. Eventually, it became obvious that we were not that consistent and many games we should've won ended up in ties. PSIS played very well in the first half of the season and kept challenging us for the first place. After 19 rounds it seemed like we had a good grip of the first place as we've held it for five rounds, but injuries and poor form gave PSIS a new oppurtunity to challenge us. With three rounds to go they had the first place and had held it for three rounds, but four consecutive wins in the last rounds earned us the first place.

League Table - First Phase | Graph

We got into the Second Phase with four consecutive wins and the good form continued. In the first game we hammered Persibo 4-0 away, dominating the game. The second game was against Persita and proved to be a tricky one. The game was even 0-0 until the 85th minute when some substitutions gave us the upper hand and we managed to score the only goal. The last game was against PSSB, both of us had already won promotion, but the winner would play the Premier Division final. We dominated the game from start to finish and won 4-0 at home.

League Table - Second Phase

The Final:

We were drawn against PSIS in the final as they had won two of their games and tied one. We however, had won all, scoring nine goals without conceding. The good form continued and we totally dominated them.

Persmin 5-0 PSIS

The Indonesian Cup

First Round: Persmin (5) - (1) Persisam Putra

Second Round: Persmin (6) - (3) Semen Padang

Third Round: Persis Solo (2) - (2) Persmin

Fourth Round: Persmin (1) - (0) Persiter

Quarter Final: Persik (1) - (4) Persmin

Semi Final: PSM (4) - (5) Persmin

Final: Persmin 2-1 Persib

Quite surprisingly, we managed to win the Indonesian Cup. The toughest game was probably the Third Round as for both legs we had 10 of our players unavailable, 6 due to Internationals and 3 due to injuries. For some reason the Final was also held on the same day as the Olympic qualifications, and we had quite a few of our players unavailable. Our third keeper made his first and only appearance in the season in the final and did rather well. Luckily the game didn't go to penalties as I was unsure whether he could cope with the pressure or not.

Finances

This season saw us making a whole lot of money. The good cup run gave us about 300K and then we sold our star defender for 300K. The board still say we can't afford improving our training facilities though.

The players

Our top goalscorer was Jhon Ridwansyah with 12 league goals, 16 in total. Quite reluctantly I sold our star defender, Kiki Abdullah, but he was unhappy that I hadn't accepted a Rosenborg bid, and we got 300K€ + 50% off next sale and I had got him for free the season before so it's a pretty good deal.

Six of our players were named in the Premier Division Team of the Year, while I won Premier Division Manager of the Year.

Transfers

Goals from previous season:

*Promotion!

*Improve finances even more

*Improve facilities (I get way too many injuries during training sessions)

I managed to complete two out of three goals, as we won promotion and improved the finances a lot. Still, the board though we didn't have enough money to improve facilities, but they've at least agreed to relay the pitch, as it has been at terrible condition for a while.

Goals for next season:

*Acquire at least a safe mid-table position

*Improve facilities

*Reach the Semi Final of the Cup

Season        Team                 League                          1st Stage   2nd Stage
2009/10       Persmin Minahasa     Indonesian First Division        1st         2nd
2010/11       Persmin Minahasa     Indonesian Premier Division      3rd         3rd
2011/12       Persmin Minahasa     Indonesian Premier Division      1st         1st    Premier Divisions winners - Indonesian Cup winners

Galada does it again, this time I really needed the goal though.

How?

Basically it starts with a long ball from the right hand side which their keepers totally messes up, it rolls past him, Galada one of my "strikers" picks it up and had ages and somehow just stood there and lets everyone catch up with him and never actually strikes it, ridiculous.

Unlucky there Quackje. I've had something similar when one of my defenders passed the ball to our keeper, and he just stood there with the ball next to him doing nothing. Eventually he was closed down and the other team's striker stole the ball and had an open net. Funnily though he was stupid enough to pass to the other striker who was offside...

Anyway, I just realized that I'm now allowed to have 9 coaches and 7 scouts. I've hired two good coaches so I've got good stats for most of the training areas (with 4 coaches), does anyone know if it's worthwhile to hire additional coaches?

I can now also scout the South East Asian region plus a few more countries like Japan. I wonder if they have as good regens as in Indonesia.

And also, my board finally agreed to improve training facilities!

The really good regens thing is in every country Earendil, its just there won't be as many with you not running the other leagues. Also some countries it will be hard for you to sign the players, I've given up scouting north africa because any good player I do find I can't sign and can't get a work permit for the rare times they will.

I only had 3 foreigners interested 1 from Guam the other 2 from Manacu. I'm hoping I get a few English players from me (hopefully a son :D) and a few Croatians from my supercoach, through my youth. Incidently what would a son likely be called? My second name is my real name but the few screenies I've seen of sons show that they often have the nationality of the country your managing in.

This looks like a really good challenge, I'll have a crack as soon as I'm done with dafuge's.

I've always wanted to play as a team from China... and Australia... and South Africa... :confused:

South Africa was added because there was no point creating an African challenge just with South Africa, so I added that league (thanks to Quackje) to my challenge. :)

Hunan Xiaangtao - End Of Season Update 2011

Final Table

Transfers

Again I went out of the cup at the first step against the newly promoted team. The season went a lot better than the last one. I manged to double my WDL from my mid-season. In the Ass Man's team report there is now no one under 4 stars and this should now get even better as I am now recieving transfer funds. (£7k last season) and with increased prize money (£37.5k) I should be able to start bringing in better players to get higher finishes. I also signed a new 3 year contract. I had a decent goal scorer this year round knocking in 13 (4th in top 10).

History

2011 - National First Division - 9th

2010 - National First Division - 13th

Honours

Club

None...

I'm glad there gone I couldn't beat them. I've found that the relegated teams do very badly until they play me then they proceed to destroy me.

The only bogey team I got these days is Beijing...I've been the finalist of the Chinese FA Cup five times already. :(

I just got a 1M € bid, including 50% off next transfer, from a Saudi club on my goalkeeper. Should I accept or turn it down?

He's probably got the best goalkeeping stats in Indonesia and my coaches rate him as twice the player of our second best keeper. He's the first keeper in the Indonesia U-21s but the second keeper isn't far from him stat wise. Both of them have better stats than the Indonesian senior team keepers. If I sell him I might be able to buy the U-21s second keeper, what do you say?

With the money I can probably buy any player I want and perhaps expand our stadium.

Ever get the feeling some things are just doomed to fail? Just starting my save and the problems are as follows:

My star striker just left

Half my squad is unhappy, appalled at the bad team morale

A player didn't show up for training, I give him a warning and he says it's unfair

There are a million and three rules for the A-League that I have never encountered before

Thank God there's no relegation, eh?

I just got a 1M € bid, including 50% off next transfer, from a Saudi club on my goalkeeper. Should I accept or turn it down?

He's probably got the best goalkeeping stats in Indonesia and my coaches rate him as twice the player of our second best keeper. He's the first keeper in the Indonesia U-21s but the second keeper isn't far from him stat wise. Both of them have better stats than the Indonesian senior team keepers. If I sell him I might be able to buy the U-21s second keeper, what do you say?

With the money I can probably buy any player I want and perhaps expand our stadium.

The board might not expand your stadium unless its filled quite often but the money could be grat for new players.

Buy the other GK. That's too good to turn down...you have to sell every once in a while...

The board might not expand your stadium unless its filled quite often but the money could be grat for new players.

We are usually filling it. The capacity is 15,000 and we're averaging about 13,000. For every cup game we're getting 14,900 so I think they should consider it as long as it doesn't cost too much. Does anyone know how much it usually costs to expand the stadium?

About the offer, I've stalled it and I've asked how much the second U-21s keeper would cost, but I'll probably accept the offer no matter what.

Well I have £5M balance now and that clearly is not enough as they still reject it outright. Its annoying, I have a 7500 capacity (albeit mostly standing) so I can't compete with Kaizer Chiefs and there 50000 average attendance. They have so much money its disgusting as do quite a few other teams in the league that must have wage budgets several times that of mine.

If the guy is a true star and best you will be able to get then at least try to make them pay a lot, ask for another million over 24 months or something :)

My keeper turned down their contract offer. I'm kind of glad he did, the other keeper didn't want to join my club and I've grown quite fond of my keeper. The Saudi club has now come back with a new offer, but I'm trying to negotiate a 2M € deal instead.

Archived