rancer890's FM09 small club to big club Asian/African Challenge

If you good finances, stay away from Malaysia, they lose so much money it makes you wonder where it goes. Hong Kong isn't too bad, and Indonesia generally has quite good attendances in the lower leagues compared to other Asian countries, if you pick the right team.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think Razer might give India a shot. As for a great league for beginners, I think China is a bit easier. :p

I might well do that, but it'll probably be a while until I get there. Got my own challenge to do first.

I'll keep checking in on all you guys though. Good Luck.

They haven't scored a single goal! That must be absolutely demoralising for their strikers!

I think I'd retire and just sit and cry.

...also demoralising for their midfielders, defenders, goalkeepers, coaches, who knows how many managers they hired, the fans, the groundskeeper, the announcer, the owner...

btw, just read a story that Wuhan has withdrawn from the CSL due to 'unfair punishment' (honesty I wouldn't blame them...)

That table is crazy, a really fantastic result for them would be to lose 1-0 or maybe keep it to just 2. I think the fans would go wild if they get a goal :D

Edit: I just looked it up, the team withdrew from the league, I'm not sure what for it just said unfair treatment by the league. So everyone of their games were forfeited 3-0.

Good luck to all, can't wait to see some people play South Africa, I'll be continuing with my Hong Kong FM08 save until i've finished it completely(even if it takes 100 more seasons), I might give a few updates tonight, maby 3 tonight and same number tomorrow evening(yes i'm that far behind in summaries, nothing out of the ordanary has happened these seasons, so that might be why i havent updated yet as they are just normal.)

It might as its hard to get the HK job too

To make VVV happy I'll probably go with India when my game arrives tomorrow (hopefully).

Looking at your screenshot it seems that my beloved United SC has been promoted to to the NFL (and changed kit colours to purple :eek:) so I won't be able to play them.

Does anyone know which other clubs (apart from Salgaocar) that are likely to get promoted? Is it the same old ones like ONGC, New Delhi Heroes and Mumbai FC?

FM08

Season 12: Rizhiquan - Chinese Super League (2019)

Media Prediction: 5th

Finishing Position: 4th

Chinese FA Cup: lost in Quarter-final to Beijing

Transfers/Squad

Transfers

One transfer in (Guam international DM Robert Paulino), and a gazillion out... (totalling 575k)

Squad

Happy with my strikers. :)

Finances

Finances

Making good profit. :)

Club Information

Club Information

Awards

Chinese Foreign Player of the Year - Thomas Sablan - 3rd place

Chinese Golden Boot - Zhu Jinhui - 1st place

Chinese Player of the Year - Zhu Jinhui - 1st place

Chinese Manager of the Year - Me - 3rd place

Chinese Team of the Year - Liu Liang, Thomas Sablan, Zhu Jinhui

Fair Play Award - 3rd place

Goals for the Future

• Finish 3rd next year!!!
  • Keep improving facilities
  • Do better in the Chinese FA Cup (make the final at least...since Beijing always run away with the league...)

Season        Team          League          Finished
2008          Rizhiquan     Jia League          11th
2009          Rizhiquan     Jia League           8th
2010          Rizhiquan     Jia League           9th
2011          Rizhiquan     Jia League           6th
2012          Rizhiquan     Jia League           5th
2013          Rizhiquan     Jia League           5th
2014          Rizhiquan     Jia League           4th
2015          Rizhiquan     Jia League           2nd
2016          Rizhiquan     Super League         6th
2017          Rizhiquan     Super League         4th
2018          Rizhiquan     Super League         4th
2019          Rizhiquan     Super League         4th

Season Report - Salgaocar 2009-2010 - Indian National Football League

Well, started off amazing well, climbed up the table, and even peaked at 2nd place! Couldn't have dreamt of a better first season to be honest, after all my failures in the 2008 game. Yakubu Yusif and Ivan Fiel da Silva were cracking for me, and scored for fun to begin with. Few new signings such as Carlos Fernandes and Noel Wilson got me started, and off to a flyer. 5 straight wins took me to 3rd, briefly 2nd, until a sharp loss of form towards the end of the season left me in 6th place, finally finishing 7th.

Tables

Player Stats

Next season's goals are simple:

-Come in the top 3

-Sign a few more top players

Yeah, my confidence on finance is full bar. Looking to take a bit out of the wage budget for a big signing.

Thinking of Chetri, Pardal or Martins to accompany Yusif up front. They'll only set me back about 20k.

Looking forward to the new season, but I've recieved no plaudits for over-achieving.

More on South Africa, it appears that it does eventually let you register the players you buy at christmas, its just it forces you to play 2 or 3 games without them after you buy them if they come when the transfer window opens which is not what the league rules say at all. Still at least that means my new defender is on the pitch now and thanks to the cup and more tactical playing around I might NOT be relegated. I'm on a 3 game winning streak (I've only won 6 all season) with 3 games left to play and just 2 points away from safety now.

Maritzburg City 2009/10

The big problem is this is a new game and I had no idea what tactics to use so in fairness my team was inept for most the season and a lack of any quality especially in defence didn't help. Still I got it working and started creating tonnes of fantastic chances in games at which point I realised my tactic was ok but they were just rubbish screwing it up time and time again for excellent positions.

It kind of worked though and we pulled back the massive deficit to leave ourselves on equal points going into the last game (only 1 team goes down). I was playing 2nd place team FCAK but my team were in good form and unusally clinical this would normally end up somewhere in Botswana but today it went top corner and so we took the points and finished 7th. All thanks to this bunch of pretty useless players they really are rubbish.

Yesterday I headed for Indonesia, hoping for better than in Hong Kong.

Of the 8 teams promoted to the First Division (3rd tier), I chose Barito Putra Banjarmasin, partly because of the fact the name doesn't begin with P, and partly because they have 1250 season ticket holders, and hoped that the finances might be ok.

Pre-season was decent, W2 D2 L1 mainly playing teams in the league above, and managed to sign a few decent youngsters. Would they be good enough to help us avoid relegation? End of season update coming later today.

Every time I've contemplated Indonesia I've gotten scared by all the blue teams beginning with P and all the players with identical names (none of which can play football) yet they all seemed to have massive stadiums. Anyway good luck :)

Edit: to prevent a double post, I am stunned by the quality of these new youth guys that I just got, I'm not sure if I should just throw them right in the first team now.

Number 1

Number 2

Number 3

Number 4

Season update 2009/10 - Barito Putra Banjarmasin

First Division: 8th Table

Indonesian Cup: 2nd round

So, here we go. After some good results in friendlies, we got down to the business of the league, and found that suddenly we couldn't score at all at home. In our 1st 5 home league games we scored a grand total of 0 goals, conceding 1. Somehow we managed to be around mid table in this time, thanks to some great away results.

This was followed by the customary mid-season slump in form, which left us sitting 11th, and facing the drop with 4 games to go. However, a couple of wins lifted us away from trouble, and safe before we played our last game, which we promptly won 3-0 at home, taking our goal tally at home to 8 from 11 games. Our top scorer for the season managed 5 goals.

We had the 3rd highest average attendance of the 48 teams in our division, just over 8000, providing a good income. Profit in the season was around £100k, thanks to prize money of £25k for our league finish.

Hopefully next year we can build in this, and hopefully score a few more goals at home :D

Good first season JSalter. So there is some money in Indonesia after all. :D

There's lots, big stadiums, lots of fans, prize money. You get £2500 for winning in the 1st round of the cup, and the prizes get bigger the further you go, as I've found out this season ;)

There's lots, big stadiums, lots of fans, prize money. You get £2500 for winning in the 1st round of the cup, and the prizes get bigger the further you go, as I've found out this season ;)

Indonesia sounds tempting. :D

No money in the Chinese FA Cup until the quarterfinals...

Archived