dafuge's FM09 challenge

• Replies 19.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't believe it, I was out and left a note for parcelforce to deliver to a neighbour, and I get home check the tracking and its gone back for auto redelivery, but I'm out most of tomorrow too, in a stroke of bad planning!

Oh well, if I have any luck I will be able to spend tomorrow evening reloading but not really sure which team appeals for my first attempt.

Without a doubt will be starting as Durham, live a couple minutes down the road, and they have the lowest reputation, making for the biggest challenge. :)

It's just having them crop up that's the problem!

Plenty of low-rep clubs to choose from. And for me I have a local team in King's Lynn and my attachment to Merthyr! I'll probably go with the first lowish rep club that comes up, as long as they've got a cool name.

• SI Staff

Damn you FM10! I've been really enjoying my Whitby Town game - I've been playing all year but am pretty slow, so I'm in league one in 2015/16. Would love to keep it going but not sure if I'll be able to resist the lure of the latest version :(

Maps of those leagues if you want to see if there is a local club.

Northern Premier League Premier Division

Southern Football League Premier Division

Isthmian League Premier Division

I am going to chose either:

Maidstone - I lived there for 18 years.

Hendon - Very close to where I live now.

Both should come up as rep of >1000. Going to be a tough choice :(

Cheers for the links. Kendal is the closest to me in Belfast, so might give them a go... :)

I'm still having a go at completing this before i'm able to get fm10 next thursday!

I started this season with a Community Shield victory over rivals Manchester United (0 - 0 after Extra Time, 5 - 4 on Penalties).

We then started off the season with the hardest fixture any team could get and it was once again Manchester United! Carmine Brown showed his pure class with a scorcher to score the only goal of the game in our 1 - 0 Victory!

2nd game of the season was up against West Brom who we never underestimate, and for that we destroyed them 5 - 0 with a Carmine Brown double, Marin Etcheberry also scored a header and new boy Robert Jones scored a double to kick start his career at FC United. This victory defines our intent this season and we will be going all out to win the big trophy!

Massive news for my team... We have FC Bayern in our group for the Champions League! We lost to them in the Champions League Final last season. I made a friendly against them this season and we managed to beat them 1 - 0 :) Maybe this is a good thing!

[Edit] Thanks Hamilton :) I want to complete it very much as i dont want to go down as a failure this year lol. You got FM10 yet?

Massive news for my team... We have FC Bayern in our group for the Champions League! We lost to them in the Champions League Final last season. I made a friendly against them this season and we managed to beat them 1 - 0 :) Maybe this is a good thing!

[Edit] Thanks Hamilton :) I want to complete it very much as i dont want to go down as a failure this year lol. You got FM10 yet?

Ooh, that could be tough!

No problem, would be nice to see someone else complete it :thup: For a while, if not for another year, it's FM09 and FCUM all the way :cool:

Still unbeaten so far this season.

Community Shield

FC United 0 - 0 Manchester United (5-4 Penalties)

Premier League

Manchester United 0 - 1 FC United

FC United 5 - 0 West Bromwich Albion

Aston Villa 2 - 3 FC United

FC United 1 - 0 Chelsea

Champions League

FC United 1 - 0 Sturm Graz

I decided to give some of the less established players a chance in this game with a few of the world class players providing some class in the team. However, they failed to prove their worth to me as 85th minute substitute Marin Etcheberry slotted the winner in the 94th minute from a Marco Faber cross. Quincy Charlier and Felix Donkor have a lot to do if they want to sneak into my plans.

• 2 weeks later...

Is anyone who isn't anywhere near finishing the challenge carrying on with FM09 version?

I'm still in the Blue square prem with Farnborough, but still want to complete the challenge so i'm continuing, but i was just wondering whether anybody else would be and whether there would be a point to continuing to post?

• 1 month later...

I'm still playing with FC United

I'm at season 21/22. Been in the Premier League for 3 seasons.. No. 13, 4 and 7. Last season I lost on away goal in the semi of the champions league against Bayern Munchen.

I will be playing until I win the Premiership and Champions League..

Hopping for a new stadium. I'm stille playing in Bury with 14340 spektators.

My balance is over 50mio GBP.

So there are two of us left :p

I've finally been promoted from the BSP,(as Farnborough), (2013-2014) after two seasons of finishing 2nd by a point then losing out in the play-offs!

Got the final of the FA Trophy coming up, don't know if i'll even be able to win the prem by the time 2011 comes out!!

My balance is just under 900k, hopefully FA will boost it to 1mill which would be nice for next season!

Good luck!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

After just a few reloads I got the team I wanted. My aim is simple, overtake Man Utd as the dominant force in English football. The media is predicting we will finish 20th out of 22, so we have a chance of escaping relegation this season.

Hi, sorry if this has already been covered, but i've just been searching through and i couldn't find the answer. Where did you get your profile pic from? ;)

Edit - Found them

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys.

There doesn't seem to be an off-topic thread in here anymore so apologies if this is deemed inappropriate.

Spoke to Nep the other day and he gave me a bit of a a doing about my absence, so I have popped in to say hi.

I am still playing FM09 and still playing the dafufe challenge as Hitchin.

It's 9th May 2021 and I am still only in League 2.:o

The good news is that I am looking good for automatic promotion this season, (2nd with 8 games left), am in the final of the JPT, (& will play Wolves in the final who are top of League 1), beat Blackburn in the early rounds of the League Cup, (top of Championship), and lost narrowly to Man Utd in the FA Cup, (35 year old Rooney with the goal), so things are at least heading in the right direction after a period of struggle.

Finances are an on-going struggle but our cup explaits have at least helped a bit and we now have £200k in the bank.

Goal-scoring has been my problem, (as usual my team is decent at the back), but 2 young, (well they used to be young), have been my primary strike-force for a few years now.

Will try and pop back in more often.

Cheers guys.

Archived