dafuge's FM09 challenge

• Replies 19.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
i cant believe it i have just had to play a league match with 32 players on international duty and 2 injured. i only had 22 players available and 2 of them were carrying slight injuries inc one of only 2 central defenders, seven of the team that started had only 9 league apps between them for merthyr and a few cup games. Amazingly i won 3-1 away :D

I had the same happen to me at the end of last season. Out of my entire team I just had enough fill the squad, with 1 grey keeper. Out of which I had no strikers and a majority of players were from the Under-18s. We drew 2-2 with a similarly stricken Arsenal, and a DM I played up front scored the goal of the season!

My team is playing horrible, it's nearly january transfers window. I'm more or less near relegation. :x Wonder if I should risk selling all the people what are unhappy and trying to rebuild within 20 days?

I had the same problem with 3 or 4 players last season. I shipped them all out bar one and hastily bought replacements. I think it saved my season in the end. Why are they unhappy?

Gypsum, they are mostly unhappy with underachieving, which means bad squad harmony coupled with a few players wanting a new challange. Shipped out 100million worth of my star players, bringing in new blood now.

Ah. I had players wanting a new challenge too. They dragged my whole team down around them. I'd imagine the players with slight concerns can be won over easily with a decent run of form. Good luck!

most of my players are L2/L1 standard, some of the guys that have been at the club for a while have lost faith in me because they believe the club isn't achieving what we have the potential to. They're right tbf, and even though they've lost faith in me at least they want to stay at the club and achieve success with it, much like I do.

Sold a tonne of players bought some in. Went on Holiday till the end of the season, finished 15th with out any signings making a difference, so that's out of the way. I will change it around alot next season. Morale is still awfully low etc. So gonna sell up big time this time and just keep a few people. Next season will more then likely be a write off too.

We ll i should be packing for my holiday but what am i doing!? The seaon that i was stopping before i posted earlier that the board wanted me too lose £20K off the wage budget for the season and so i only managed to bring in 2 players that i'd agreed on bosman frees before July Shumulikoski + Dingome. With an handfull of players wanting out and the media describing us as penniless (not all my fault btw it doesn't help that the board are building a new Stadium whilst we're skint) we currently sit here at the half way point.

We ll i should be packing for my holiday but what am i doing!? The seaon that i was stopping before i posted earlier that the board wanted me too lose £20K off the wage budget for the season and so i only managed to bring in 2 players that i'd agreed on bosman frees before July Shumulikoski + Dingome. With an handfull of players wanting out and the media describing us as penniless (not all my fault btw it doesn't help that the board are building a new Stadium whilst we're skint) we currently sit here at the half way point.

Not bad for a skint team, keep going!

Spain - Euro 2032 Qualifying

After the huge disappointment with England it was time for a new challenge and it came in the form of Spain. I was expecting a world class team with a real chance of competing for major honours.

Squad

It was a long way off what I was expecting, defensively they were quite strong but they lacked any real fire power up front. On the positive side though, the squad features five of my former Dartford players, so I know we have a bit of strength even if it is not world class.

Qualifying Group

We had a shocker of a game at home to Norway which put our qualification in doubt but they managed to blow their lead by losing to Poland. As I expected, our strong defence saw us through but we are really going to need to score more goals if we are going to do anything at the tournament.

What year are you in and how long have you spent at the top?

I have a feeling the same is happening to me, 5 games in and I'm already 5 points behind Man City and in 7th. It could just be a bad start but last season was our worst season for ages.

I think this was just my typical reaction to my usual bad start. 10 games in now and I'm top :cool:

edit: the curse predictably hits with us drawing and dropping back to 2nd :(

I think this was just my typical reaction to my usual bad start. 10 games in now and I'm top :cool:

edit: the curse predictably hits with us drawing and dropping back to 2nd :(

Its been the other way around for me lately, so i have signed Shaw and hopefully he could help keeping a good form all season! my boy Shala just doesnt seem to be consistent enough in his perfomances

Kendal Town / Blue Square Premier / 2010-11 Season

I brought in quite a few players during the summer but most were cover for my very thin squad; of my first choice XI during our first season, 8 started the first Blue Square Premier game against York City. Michael Gray slotted in at left-back, and performed solidly all season. First choice right back Jordan Collins broke his leg in pre-season, giving Steven Gardener the chance to impress. He too was solid, though not enough to earn a new contract at the end. The third new starter was Dominik Hofbauer, who could play both ML and MC naturally, and was first choice on the wing all season. The game was a dull 0-0 until two other new signings, Roystn Griffiths and a new striker, were introduced on 60 minutes, with both scoring to seal the tie.

Griffiths alternated with fans-favourite and player of the season Colbeck all season as they swapped injuries, and it was frustrating that my two best players were both right wingers. However, there was no selection issue because they only managed a few weeks fit at the same time in total! Any other signings were mostly back-up, or in the case of two new strikers, disappointing, and left at the end of the season.

We were top most of the season; before Christmas we really rode out luck, leaving me baffled as to how we were top in spite of being second best in a lot of games. However after Christmas we really began to assert our dominance over the division and ran out deserved winners with 111 points. Bournemouth would probably disagree however!

We defeated them in the Conference League Cup final, scraping a 1-0 win at their place as they missed a host of chances. They pursued us in second place all season, and on match day 42 we met at our place. They were 7 points behind, but in phenomenal form and would probably have gone on to overtake us; however, lady luck was on our side again. We went in at half-time 0-0 in spite of their total domination. Russ Pen scored on 55 minutes against the run of play to give us the lead, and then on 64 minutes their Goalkeeper caught the ball in their box... and slid out of the area, earning a red card. Andrew Cook then scored a dubious penalty in the last five minutes to wrap up a 2-0 win and make the title a formality, if not official.

Our next home game against Eastbourne, where we would wrap up the title, was made a fan-day by the board, and a capacity 2490 crowd saw us celebrate lifting the BSP trophy with a 3-1 win.

So mostly positive, although there are a few negatives; our defence of the FA Trophy was woeful, losing a replay at home to BSS Hayes in the first round. Also, our top scorer from last year Gareth Evans never got going, finishing just inside double figures with a late flourish. Andrew Cook remained consistent, although he was prone to a few droughts and dodgy games; a couple of strikers for next season is a must-have. However, in the only league in England where its easier to get promoted than get relegated, I'm confident of survival next season, plus we have a cash boost from an FA Cup 3rd round game away at Arsenal. The board are also improving training and youth facilities.

League Table

Transfers

"Weekly fixture list from someone" how do you get this? Never seen this before, I just get monthly gubbins!

Its for if your an international manager, giving you games to attend to check on your players.

GreyedOutMan at Boreham WoodSeason 2012-13 (Year 4)

Season Report

We were predicted to finish 3rd this season, one place higher than they thought we’d do last season. Bizarrely, though, we were only 6th favourites for promotion, at 5/1. But after three frustrating seasons in the BSS, it was time for a real assault on the upper echelons, I felt. There had been a clearout, as you’ll see, but we’d brought in some talent too, and kept some of our very best players...I’ve realised my biggest problem is the fact I can only have two coaches, which is really limiting. So my current plan is to try to push for promotion, but to prioritise cutbacks financially so that we can start making profit and building up the cash reserves for improvements to the training facilities. An opening day defeat at Eastbourne further re-inforced this view. It looked wasn’t going to be our season on the pitch, but hopefully it could be positive off it. We did manage a first win in the next match against Dartford, and after that results picked up a bit. It certainly wasn’t going to be a bad season, by any means, but I still felt the squad was not strong enough to really challenge. I was wrong. We were very good, and at the half-way stage, we were 2nd and looking like certainties for the playoffs. After exactly 21 games, though, that changed. As you’ll see below, a run of 5 defeats saw us fall from 2nd to 12th, and though at that time it was still quite possible for us to get into the playoffs, patchy form for the rest of the season did for us. I just cant maintain the consistency to push for promotion – every time it starts to look good, we fall away. I NEED HELP, GUYS! That 2nd half of the season was shocking, as we won 7, drew 4 and lost 10. If we’d turned it into 10 wins and 7 draws, we would have been in those playoffs, and even that wouldn’t have been brilliant.

League Performance: Blue Square Premier

League Results – I’ve edited the pictures to put all the league fixtures on one screen. The split shows you the big big difference between the first half and 2nd.

League Table

Positions Graph – again, you can see the dramatic way my season fell apart from this screen.

Other Competitions

FA Cup – disappointing exit to Eastleigh, in a game we should have won. Another round would probably have cleared the debt we were in at the time.

Conference League Cup – a decent run here for the first time, but probably proved to be a distraction.

FA Trophy – again, a disappointing early exit to AFC Wimbledon. Was hoping for a 2nd trophy in this competition this year, but it would probably have proved a further distraction and make the league harder than it needed to be towards the end – which could/should have been relevant!

Season Summary 1

Season Summary 2

Season Summary 3

Season Summary 4

Squad

Transfers – sold quite a few players to raise funds and I fear the replacements just weren’t good enough. Nightingale and Brittain, the only money signings, were the major exceptions, as both averaged over 7 through the season. Once again it was a quality striker I failed to find.

Squad (with stats and contract info, edited to fit all players on one screen!) –Wells and Cartman were rocks once again. They have formed a formidable midfield partnership. Brittain, Nightingale and Dwight were the other standout names, although loanee Barrett chipped in with some goals towards the end of the season when, unfortunately, the defence cracked rather.

Martin Brittain was named Boreham Wood’s player of the year.

2012-13 Team of the Season

2012-13 Historical Team – Brittain and Beckwith were the two new inductees.

Youth intake

This was the pick of the players, a decent-ish goalkeeper. But given the situation the club is in, I’ll probably be using a fair few players from my U18s this year.

AWARDS

Players

Nathan Cartman was Player of the Month in August.

Me

None, unsurprisingly!

SIGNIFICANT RECORDS BROKEN THIS YEAR

Highest Transfer Fee Received: £35,000 for Daniel Broadbent (to Dorchester)

Lowest Attendance: 160 v Ebbsfleet, Conference League Cup R4, 4th December

Most Games Lost in a Row: 6 – 8th January to 21st January

Couple of negative ones there, reflecting a pretty poor season.

Career Overview

[u]Season	  League	                  Position Movement	Total Games	Other Achievements[/u]

2009-10	  Blue Square South	8	-	56	         FA Trophy Runners-Up
2010-11	  Blue Square South	6	-	58	         FA Trophy Winners
2011-12	  Blue Square South	9	-	51	         -	
2012-13	  Blue Square South	11	-	54	         -	

[b]TOTALS				[u]Matches[/u]	        219	
			[u]Awards[/u]	          3	
			[u]Trophies[/u]	          1	[/b]

Finances

SHOCKING,and I’m not quite sure why as I trimmed the wage bill significantly this year. Gate receipts were down significantly on last year, despite the team looking likely playoff candidates for most of the season. Even after our initial drop, it was close. It was only the last few games that were written off. No idea why attendances were so low...

Wider World

Arsenal retained the Premiership, this time by a 12 point margin. They won the double with a 2-1 victory over Fulham in the FA Cup Final, while Chelsea beat Everton in the League Cup Final. Chelsea also secured their first Champions’ League victory with a 2-1 triumph over Valencia, in Barcelona. Oddly, it was at Lluis Companys, Espanyol’s ground, I believe, rather than the Nou Camp. Strange given that meant they could only squeeze 49,000 people in to see the game, rather than the 90,000 plus who could have seen it at the Nou Camp. Arsenal may not have completed the treble, but their double was rounded off by their victory in the Club World Championship. It seems Arsene Wenger has finally come good again!

Crystal Ball

God knows. We’re so unpredictable. It really looked like we’d manage promotion this year and I genuinely don’t know why we didn’t. With the finances in the mess they are in, I’ll have to release quite a few players, which will probably mean that next season will be a mid-season year. The plan is to focus on youth a bit more so that the highest wage-earners aren’t necessary – I’ve allowed anyone whose contract was up this season to leave (with a couple of exceptions such as Cartman and Taylor, who might be sold for money anyway), and don’t intend to bring in many new faces. Expect a striker or two perhaps, and possibly a left sided player, but that will probably be it. My board want me to get to the playoffs this year!!

WHAT CAN I DO?! PLEASE HELP ME!! PM’S GRATEFULLY ACCEPTED!!

End Of Season 2018/2019 CCC - FC United

A mid-table finish and a 4th Round FA Cup defeat. Not a bad season but not as good as it could have been, at one point, we were 2nd but during the second half of the season we had too many injuries and didn't play well enough in too many games to deserve anything but the 13th placed finish that we got.

** Will post final league table at some point if anybody is interested **

With 5 games to go in our second season in the Championship we are 7th, 4 points off a playoff position. Although this is a lot better then I expected we have gone downhill in the last few months but have got a few good results in our last few games. Hopefully we can win all of our remaining games and have some results go our way so we can get a playoff position.

Boston United- Season 2019/2020- Season 11 (Coca-Cola Championship)- Ethan13

We were looking to improve on the 17th placed finish from last season.

Media Prediction: 23rd

Our Media Prediction had only improved by one position since last year and we were predicted to get relegated. The season started a lot better then last season and we were getting some good wins. We managed to fight our way up and half way through the season we found ourselves in 3rd position and only goal difference from an automatic promotion place. It went downhill from there though as we had a real bad run that saw us drop out of the playoffs and despite a few good results towards the end we just missed playoffs finishing 9th.

Graph

League Table

Lost in both cups away to Liverpool.

Overall a good improvement on last season.

Finances

Much better this season due to player sales and the 2 matches away at Liverpool.

Transfers

Some nice transfers in although lost Webb who was a good striker but by far smashed our record for Highest Transfer Fee received.

End of Season Squad

Fixtures and Results Part 1 Part 2 Part 3

Goals from Last Season

- Improve on last seasons finish ACHIEVED

- Strengthen defense FAILED

Goals for Next Season

- Playoffs

- Strengthen Defence

- Make Money

Season          League                League Finish     Achievements
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2009/10        Blue Square North        4th             Promoted - Playoffs
2010/11        Blue Square Premier      16th            Conference League Cup Winners
2011/12        Blue Square Premier      7th             None
2012/13        Blue Square Premier      1st             Champions
2013/14        Coca-Cola League 2       17th            None
2014/15        Coca-Cola League 2       7th             Lost in Playoff Semi Final
2015/16        Coca-Cola League 2       2nd             Promoted
2016/17        Coca-Cola League 1       3rd             Lost in Playoff Final
2017/18        Coca-Cola League 1       2nd             Promoted
2018/19        Coca-Cola Championship   17th            None
2019/20        Coca-Cola Championship   9th             None

No external utilities such as FMScout should be used and the database should be unedited. Should SI release a data update, this would be allowed. It is advised that people should update using the latest patches as they are released.

Can I assume that an additional DDT generator file of other nations is against the rules?

2009-10 Season Review - Dover Athletic

The main target at the start of the season from the board was a respectable finish. I personally was aiming for the playoffs. I signed a lot of players which can be seen here.

We spent most of the season occuping the playoff spots but we suffered three straight defeats and with one game remaining we were 7th level on points with 5th. 5th lost and 6th drew and we won so we were in the playoffs. We beat Woking 4-2 on aggregate. In the final we played Lewes but an 86th minute goal made us lose the final 2-1. We failed in all the cups so not a bad season. Hopefully we can build on this next season and get promoted.

Blue Square South -5th

Season--Media Prediction--Posistion-Achievements
2009/10       11th           5th       Playoff final losers

Yes, it would be. The rules have been set that way to make sure that we all have the same game to start off with.

cheers man, its just i find when i get further into the game when i have only one nation loaded many of the nations U21's teams tend to look thin and its one of those little things that annoy.

Cheers

Any ideas on how to get different teams? I always get the same ones, Leigh Genesis and Dover etc. How can I get Kendal and clubs like that?

I have these club available. Letme know if you want one of them:

1:

boston united (1450)

Bradford Park Avenue (1100)

Cambridge City (1150)

Dover Athletic (1400)

Farnborough (1250)

Staines Town (1250)

2:

Hednesford Town (1200)

Tiverton Town (1100)

Tonbridge Angels (1200)

3:

Carshalton Athletic (1200)

Merthyr Tydfil (1200)

5:

Fc United (1250)

Wealdstone (1050)

6:

Guiseley (1200)

8:

Dartford (1100)

9:

Bedford Town (1050)

Ilkeston Town (1100)

11:

AFC Hornchurch (1100)

Chippenham Town (1000)

12:

Sutton United (1200)

14:

Halesowen Town (1000)

20:

Maidstone United (1150)

22:

Hitchin Town (1050)

24:

Eastwood Town (1050)

25:

Billericay (1100)

26:

boreham wood (1050)

27:

Oxford City (1000)

28:

horsham (1050)

Just had an epic Champions league match against Man City. 2-0 down from the 1st leg and we made it 2-0 on 88 minutes, going on to win 4-0 by full-time. Then coming back to reality we faced Leicester in the Premiership and lost 1-0. Damn European curse!

Archived