dafuge's FM09 challenge

• Replies 19.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After well over an hour of reloading, I only managed one sub-1000 team: Mangotsfield! Only a couple of the players look remotely ok, so I can expect a lot of time spent on the player search screen. Is anyone getting any other sub-1000 teams at all?

EDIT: Just noticed I posted the wrong screen, theres the proper one - Personal

I haven't seen FC United once in about 50 reloads, God knows how you all got them!

Not that i'm going anywhere near the BSN (I'll get a nosebleed).

If only a sub 1000 team would come up in the BSS.

*Clicks load game again*

When you choose your team, does it already have players? I have downloaded the file from the opening post but when I select a newly promoted team there are no players?

Is this right?

I think I saved it in the wrong place last time. Should be ok now, fingers crossed.

Although tbh starting with a blank canvas and building a team from scratch was always one of the best bits for me. Would I be barred from the challenge if I did not use the file?

I think I saved it in the wrong place last time. Should be ok now, fingers crossed.

Although tbh starting with a blank canvas and building a team from scratch was always one of the best bits for me. Would I be barred from the challenge if I did not use the file?

Yes, the players must be loaded.

After a lot of reloads I stumbled upon a team (it's a 1000 rep team...so close).

I am now the new manager of Oxford City. Noone big plays there...or do they? Imagine my shock to open my squad window and see the (semi) legend that is Jermaine McSporran.

I can see this going very well. Ok, it won't but early optimism should be applauded I feel.

Lets see what happens :)

lol, is this just coincidence? Or am I that good in 'contracting' players? I just signed my 4th player, and with all players I got a message sayin: FC United fans delight at .... bargain buy

hehe

I'm getting that for each free transfer signing, it's a bit annoying really as I always liked those media items about a new signing when they actually meant something.

Matty Leigh will turn up reasonably often, so with a few restarts you should get them.

Presenting the new manager of Mangotsfield

Picked Mangotsfield to give myself a real challenge and after over 150 restarts they were the only sub 1000 team to get promoted. They also dont start with a full squad, just a handful of players, and yes thats with the ddt loaded.

We are aiming to battle bravely against relegation, and come with Cheltenham in League 2 as a parent club. Starting with no staff either, so my first jobs are hire a backroom and find a few players to bolster the squad and then pray, I can remember how to play FM!

Well media is true thu, when you get a player for free - its a bargain - can you eventually use him or sell him again - its a bargain with a potential profit!

Guess we will have to wait and see what crowd will say, when some of us actually get some really good players!

Shame cos i'm the researcher so i wanted to use my good work. they've a good chance of actual promotion this year too. Who decides on what reputation the clubs are in the game?

I'll try a few more reloads for Worksop...

Archived