Sports Interactive Community

I noticed that the Detail level for every country other than the one I'm playing in is set to None. I just googled around but couldn't find a definitive answer. Does this really only mean that the Quick Result engine is used to sim these or is it really the case, that only reputation matters and no developments will take place in these leagues and countries?

Yes they use the quick match engine

No that doesn't mean only reputation matters and it doesn't mean no developlment will take place.

vor 10 Stunden schrieb EdL:

Yes they use the quick match engine

No that doesn't mean only reputation matters and it doesn't mean no developlment will take place.

Thanks for clarifying. So aren't there any really really big disadvantages of this? I felt like there are less upsets and less surprising league positions, for example the big 6 stayed completely intact the first 4 years of my safe.

Basically the reason I don't use view only for leagues I'm not in. Can't have Barcelona losing to real betis 1-6. View only doesn't use the match engine so results are random.

6 hours ago, James_Fraser said:

Basically the reason I don't use view only for leagues I'm not in. Can't have Barcelona losing to real betis 1-6. View only doesn't use the match engine so results are random.

It may not use the full ME, but it uses the quick sim ME, so it works off of things like squad CA and club rep (and probably a couple more factors) instead of a full simulation of a match. I'm always on the side of realism, so I like having leagues on full detail, though it slows down processing A LOT. For that reason, I like having at least the top leagues on full, with the 2nd divisions and lower on "None".

2 minutes ago, HUNT3R said:

It may not use the full ME, but it uses the quick sim ME, so it works off of things like squad CA and club rep (and probably a couple more factors) instead of a full simulation of a match. I'm always on the side of realism, so I like having leagues on full detail, though it slows down processing A LOT. For that reason, I like having at least the top leagues on full, with the 2nd divisions and lower on "None".

I'm the opposite. I just load the players and not the league

3 minutes ago, James_Fraser said:

I'm the opposite. I just load the players and not the league

You claimed that results are random though when using quick sim. It isn't. If anything, it'll be less random as there's less detail. But, like I said, it's a balancing act between processing times and realism. Everyone has different tastes and preferences. :thup:

7 minutes ago, HUNT3R said:

You claimed that results are random though when using quick sim. It isn't. If anything, it'll be less random as there's less detail. But, like I said, it's a balancing act between processing times and realism. Everyone has different tastes and preferences. :thup:

I haven't used view only since fm11 so I'm not sure if it has changed but it was definitely random back then according to si.

On 07/05/2019 at 06:06, James_Fraser said:

I haven't used view only since fm11 so I'm not sure if it has changed but it was definitely random back then according to si.

The OP is talking about detail level though not whether the league is active or not.  You can have it 4 ways

1. Not active
  2. View only 
  3. Active
  4. Active + Full detail

The league you are currently managing in is always option 4, all other leagues loaded by default will be option 3, i'm guessing this a common misunderstanding

For example I can load all leagues as active and it will run at a speed that is acceptable (to me) but if i ran other active leagues in full detail (option 4) I couldn't run many leagues at all as the processing power required would be immense, even on an 8th Gen i7 processor

As an example if i was managing in League One in England I would tend to only use option 4 for the leagues immediately above and below my own (championship & League 2) to make promotions/relegation more realistic.