Sports Interactive Community

hello guys, has anyone tried to recreate ajax build up? I don't really know how to set up Frenkie De Jong to recreate his movement to create the diamond with CBs and second CDM.

lineup-1-1.png

as half-back he drops deep but between CBs, not to the left like on the image and I don't really think that half-back is his real life role. He is kind of modern day libero but it is possible to set him up like this only if he is 2nd CB in the 3 CBs formation 

Have a look at this if you're interested in Ajax emulations: https://dictatethegame.com/2019/04/22/amazing-ajax/

That being said, it's not very easy to replicate Frenkie's exact role in game. My suggestion would be to have a player in the DM (CL) position as a DLP (S) or a RPM, and with the "comes deep to get the ball" trait.

I have read this. I guess it is impossible to replicate ajax tactics since there is no frenkie de jong role in this game 

Perhaps try him as a Half Back at DM on the left? If you put Schöne centrally instead of at DMCR too, and Blind centrally instead of DCL, might be able to really mimic that shape, but as with anything there would be knock-on effects.

It may be one of those things, like Chris Wilder's overlapping CBs, that the game just can't replicate.

no matter what I try, he drops between CBs and so does Schone. He doesn't stay higher in the position like on that picture but also drops between CBs with De Jong :/