Time for a woman as an Ass Man or even actual Manager?

So, in order to setup my staff in my first save with Liverpool FC, I was searching for coaches and found this profile of a fellow portuguese female coach, Helena Costa. I know her for years, but I never imagined this profile. Amazing coaching and mental attributes, plus very decent knowledge ones:

Wkn067J.png

First I thought about hiring her as a coach to help with the possession side of training, but after a close looking at the Motivation and Mental attributes, plus her knowledge + playing mentality + pressing style... I thought, no, not a coach, this is the Assistant Manager that I want!

So I did and in my head I imagined, how cool would it be for it to happen in real life. A gigantic football team like Liverpool hiring the first female Assistant Manager... or even Manager. What do you think about it? Would there be much resistance from the players, especially top stars? Or just like players the coaches should be only man (in masculine football ofcourse)? Think it's an interesting conversation to have... 

EDIT: Think I've opened the thread at the wrong place, this is football discussion and not much FM... if you feel like moving it, please do, sorry.

It should be about how good you are at your job. Not about what's between your legs...

No reason to hire a woman just because it's good PR and it makes for good publicity. Or to fill a quota.

I don't think it'd be much of a problem, provided the female manager is respected and regarded as competent enough.  Of course a woman would have to face a bit more resistance due to the old prejudice about women not knowing a lot about football. But if someone's in contention for a high-profile job at a profesional (or top) club, that issue would have probably already been put to rest.

43 minutos atrás, RBKalle disse:

It should be about how good you are at your job. Not about what's between your legs...

I agree, and that's what happened with me in this save. I wasn't searching for her, or for any woman in particular. I was searching for a good coach... and there she was. 

And I really hope one day it happens IRL.

I am having female coaches in my coach team, not only coach dept. If it's better from a male, then I will approach.

31 minutos atrás, zlatanera disse:

Clermont Foot in France had a female manager...it was Helena Costa. Then she quit, and they replaced her with another woman, Corinne Diacre who is now the French women's team manager.

Well... the way Clermont treated Helena... better to do nothing. Just like @RBKallesaid, if a team should be hiring a woman it's for her competence and professionalism, not to be a marketing face but in reality having zero control or power on the team. Also Clermont's President was very sexist when she resigned. "She's a woman, so it could be any number of reasons...". That's all we don't need here.

26 minutes ago, 99 said:

Well... the way Clermont treated Helena... better to do nothing. Just like @RBKallesaid, if a team should be hiring a woman it's for her competence and professionalism, not to be a marketing face but in reality having zero control or power on the team. Also Clermont's President was very sexist when she resigned. "She's a woman, so it could be any number of reasons...". That's all we don't need here.

Yet he followed it up by hiring another woman, who did a solid job with them then left for a better offer. People are weird, aren't they?

Unless he's quite hands-off and it was the sporting director who ignored all her emails who hired Diacre. 

I tend to do all my staff hires in-game based on nationality - I like to keep a domestic staff, with a mix of my own nationality (English, so UK + Ireland staff) and perhaps neighbouring countries if there's a common language (Germany-Austria-Switzerland, or how all the Scandinavians speak each other's languages and English) or hiring Belgians to Ajax due to them already having a few on staff and formerly having a Belgian feeder club. I tend to only end up with. woman if she's the best person for the job, usually as either a sports scientist or a physio.

In-game Costa's a great find as being rated primarily as a scout she won't show up on most people's coach searches (given her nationality and previous jobs I was amazed I'd never noticed her, only to realise I'd hired her as a scout a couple of times).

13 horas atrás, zlatanera disse:

In-game Costa's a great find as being rated primarily as a scout she won't show up on most people's coach searches (given her nationality and previous jobs I was amazed I'd never noticed her, only to realise I'd hired her as a scout a couple of times).

Yes she is, I haven't noticed myself. As a coach has excelent rating on the possession training, both tactical and technical, as an Ass Man has the plus of Mental + Motivating very high as well. 

In game, I personally hire staff on their effectiveness to do the job. Irrespective of their gender, colour, nationality or sexuality.

If I see a female scout who has 18 for judging players over an ex international that has 15 then I hire the best candidate for the job attributes wise. Enough said.

There are lots of brilliant women physiotherapist in game though.

As for a future top female manager? Why not? But i think we are still a lot of years away from this. We haven't seen a top player come out as gay and don't see top clubs employing black managers yet so football has a lot of catching up to do before we see this. 

First you say In game, I personally hire staff on their effectiveness to do the job. Irrespective of their gender, colour, nationality or sexuality.

Then We haven't seen a top player come out as gay and don't see top clubs employing black managers

Maybe there is no good enough black managers

I think we need SI staff to chip in on this one and let us know how the game is coded at present, and future plans.

As we all know, SI recently introduced the feature of a player coming out as gay, recognising there is a current barrier in football, and this is really good that they've done this.

Similarly, I think they need to get ahead of the game re. gender bias in football as well, and have it a bit more statistically likely to see female manager, coaches, DoFs etc. in the future e.g. via newgens.

On the examples in Europe referred to, I think there are also some female managers elsewhere, one in Brazil IIRC?

30 minutes ago, Lord Rowell said:

I think we need SI staff to chip in on this one and let us know how the game is coded at present, and future plans.

As we all know, SI recently introduced the feature of a player coming out as gay, recognising there is a current barrier in football, and this is really good that they've done this.

Similarly, I think they need to get ahead of the game re. gender bias in football as well, and have it a bit more statistically likely to see female manager, coaches, DoFs etc. in the future e.g. via newgens.

On the examples in Europe referred to, I think there are also some female managers elsewhere, one in Brazil IIRC?

I couldn't disagree more. I don't want gender politics anywhere near FM, I get enough of that from the BBC.

1 hour ago, Filke said:

First you say In game, I personally hire staff on their effectiveness to do the job. Irrespective of their gender, colour, nationality or sexuality.

Then We haven't seen a top player come out as gay and don't see top clubs employing black managers

Maybe there is no good enough black managers

I say "in game", because I thought we were talking about fm! IRL, then that's another can of worms...

2 hours ago, Tiger666 said:

I couldn't disagree more. I don't want gender politics anywhere near FM, I get enough of that from the BBC.

Its not gender politics its about realism. If 1% of coaches are female, well let the game generate 1% newgens that are female as well. Simple as that. 

2 hours ago, Filke said:

I really dont care if some footballer is gay or not. I dont want it either in fm.

So you dont care, but you dont want it? So you care? Weird conclusion.

I don't think the little feature where regens can come out as gay adds anything to the game. But I don't object to it, either.

If I were a manager IRL, I wouldn't care about a player's sexuality - if he's good enough, he plays.

16 hours ago, Double0Seven said:

Its not gender politics its about realism. If 1% of coaches are female, well let the game generate 1% newgens that are female as well. Simple as that. 

Except 1% of coaches in the men's game are not female.

Maybe one for the future but silly and unrealistic at the moment.

16 hours ago, Double0Seven said:

No it isn't realism. 1% of managers and coaches aren't female. Realism is what I want in my game, not immersion breaking things like female managers in the Premier League.

• 4 weeks later...

recently my other half said to me one of my favourite footballers of all time is gay she showed me the proof and i was was shocked, it matters not to me but i wish footballers would come out and not hide what they are, as for women managers ive been hearing a lot about Emma Hayes managing Chelsea but we have to be honest it is absoloutley ridiculous for that to happen women's football and mens football in terms of coaching and everything else that goes along with it it is completely  different, 

Archived