Training new positions/specific attributes

Two questions concerning training and the coaches' feedback:

1) If the feedback is that the player will never become more than accomplished in a new position, is this gospel? Or can the player still become a natural at some point (I have Havertz playing inside forward support on the right at Arsenal, with good attributes and PPMs to compliment the role, but the coach doesn't think he'll ever be a natural); and

2) If the feedback concerning specific training is that that area' is no longer a weakness', or the player feels that the training is not beneficial, does this guarantee that the specific training will not work?

Thanks

Anything that a coach or any other member of staff says is not gospel. It is their opinion at that particular time and they are often wrong. Players are also very often wrong when they say that the training is not beneficial. Going to "Player>>Development>>Attribute Changes" can help you decide whether or not the training has been beneficial or not. Personally, I wouldn't worry whether or not the player is accomplished or natural ... there is minimal difference between the two descriptions.

Piggy backing on OP's question... I have a player who plays as a DLP in my tactic in the DM position. He is Natural at CM and Accomplished at DM. Is it better to train him as a DLP in the CM position or DM position? IE does the extra position training hurt his attribute development?

2 minutes ago, andrewsgn said:

Piggy backing on OP's question... I have a player who plays as a DLP in my tactic in the DM position. He is Natural at CM and Accomplished at DM. Is it better to train him as a DLP in the CM position or DM position? IE does the extra position training hurt his attribute development?

Personally I'd train him as a DLP in the CM position.  The difference between accomplished and natural isn't worth worrying about and it can take forever anyway.

AFAIK it doesn't really matter. He'll be concentrating on learning the same attributes in either position. If you put him in the DM position and if he graduated from accomplished to natural in that position it would use up some of his CA points. Personally, I'd leave him in the CM position.

Archived