xml file modifications for new nation

fmsqaud

Despite giving up, I've made a couple of threads about that... and it depends. If you're replacing a country with another in Europe, it's generally seamless. On top of redoing the league system, you might need to edit the Nations' League but it should be the end of it; North America also has its own Nation's league as well. If you're adding or subtracting a country to a continent, like for example separating East and West Germany... well it's hell. You need to redo the continental international competition. Then you need to redo the World Cup. And since more than a couple other competitions have dependencies with the Confederations' Cup or the World Cup, you might end up needing to redo these as well from scratch; like re-doing the AFC Asian Cup because you've edited the number of countries in Europe.

Also, since more than a few of these rules either require custom .xml or hard-coded stuff locked inside that "Comp Editor.fmf" file that's been compressed since FM14 or something, you can't just "edit" vanilla competitions most of the time (not always, but most of the time). You need to redo from scratch. I've already asked on the Bugs forum about making the original rules files available, and it doesn't seem likely that it will happen any time soon. But sure enough, if you are patient and dedicated enough, it's possible.

When I gave up, I didn't need to redo the South American, North American, African and Oceanian international continental competitions. However the AFC Asian Cup was problematic, I haven't managed to make World Cup/Euro hosts work well, I had to scrap the UEFA Nations League because I couldn't be arsed to redo them, I had to redo the FIFA Confederations' Cup... Too much work for me. Someone else had done that for FM18, but there were caveats and I couldn't export the rules from FM18 to FM19: I still had obscure validations issues I didn't know how to fix. The Editor isn't really helpful at telling you what is wrong exactly, and sometimes it can even be picky when it comes to validating big files: it can sometimes just fail halfway through despite the rules being valid otherwise.

Anyway, good luck. :D

1 hour ago, BMNJohn said:

Despite giving up, I've made a couple of threads about that... and it depends. If you're replacing a country with another in Europe, it's generally seamless. On top of redoing the league system, you might need to edit the Nations' League but it should be the end of it; North America also has its own Nation's league as well. If you're adding or subtracting a country to a continent, like for example separating East and West Germany... well it's hell. You need to redo the continental international competition. Then you need to redo the World Cup. And since more than a couple other competitions have dependencies with the Confederations' Cup or the World Cup, you might end up needing to redo these as well from scratch; like re-doing the AFC Asian Cup because you've edited the number of countries in Europe.

Also, since more than a few of these rules either require custom .xml or hard-coded stuff locked inside that "Comp Editor.fmf" file that's been compressed since FM14 or something, you can't just "edit" vanilla competitions most of the time (not always, but most of the time). You need to redo from scratch. I've already asked on the Bugs forum about making the original rules files available, and it doesn't seem likely that it will happen any time soon. But sure enough, if you are patient and dedicated enough, it's possible.

When I gave up, I didn't need to redo the South American, North American, African and Oceanian international continental competitions. However the AFC Asian Cup was problematic, I haven't managed to make World Cup/Euro hosts work well, I had to scrap the UEFA Nations League because I couldn't be arsed to redo them, I had to redo the FIFA Confederations' Cup... Too much work for me. Someone else had done that for FM18, but there were caveats and I couldn't export the rules from FM18 to FM19: I still had obscure validations issues I didn't know how to fix. The Editor isn't really helpful at telling you what is wrong exactly, and sometimes it can even be picky when it comes to validating big files: it can sometimes just fail halfway through despite the rules being valid otherwise.

Anyway, good luck. :D

thank you for your message. what a minefield lol. i will give what you have writen some thought.

on the off chance do you have any knowledge on sub divisions? i want to add a north sub division for northern english clubs and a south sub division for southern english clubs. how do i command the editor to sort clubs in the league above and below the south and north sub divisions to go into the correct sub division? also what do i write in the boundaries for south and north? is it clubs, location or stadium in the boundaries?

thank you for your message.

I have no idea honestly. Upon searching the forum for clues about "regional boundaries", you can approximate it if all clubs, stadiums and cities have precise coordinates (latitude/longitude). So that's still a lot of work to make sure everything is accurate.

6 minutes ago, BMNJohn said:

I have no idea honestly. Upon searching the forum for clues about "regional boundaries", you can approximate it if all clubs, stadiums and cities have precise coordinates (latitude/longitude). So that's still a lot of work to make sure everything is accurate.

thank you. i will give them a good read.

thank you so very much.

Archived