Sports Interactive Community

September 2021

3VvnSal.png

We weren't expected to get a result against Man Utd, but came very close.  We pulled level from being 2-0 down, but after our equaliser (which came in the 87th minute), United then went and scored with the first attack built from the kick-off, which was frustrating.

We then had a very good win against Spurs, in a match where we were by far the better team.  We then had a fairly routine win against Portsmouth.

The Brighton match harks very much back to those matches last month against Wolves and Burnley where had much more of the possession and lots of good chances, but couldn't get the breakthrough which was extremely frustrating.

Must do better.

iWDKfBK.png

Still time to turn it around. Try a couple of tactical tweaks and if you've got a free week, arrange a friendly against a really weak team to hopefully get a win and boost morale. 

17 hours ago, Nobby_McDonald said:

At least your not Crystal Palace.

That's something I'm glad about constantly :lol:.  That said, I did manage them briefly in a previous iteration of FM, but I never made a career thread on it because I don't think I even managed an entire season on that version of the game.

This season has been extremely poor so far really.  After my last match (which hasn't been included in an update as yet), it was literally a case of "**** it, turn the game off" and a few days break from FM as I was just going to be swearing at my laptop screen otherwise!

Posted (edited)
On 11/08/2019 at 19:06, Northernpilgrim said:

Still time to turn it around. Try a couple of tactical tweaks and if you've got a free week, arrange a friendly against a really weak team to hopefully get a win and boost morale. 

That's something I do consider sometimes, however this version of FM has left me questioning entirely the point of friendlies, outside of the fitness effect, as we have pre-season friendlies against decent opposition which we absolutely dominate and win well, but then turn to crap the minute a fixture actually means something.  

That said, with a couple of exceptions, we've not played actually badly and have actually been the better side in all of the 1-0 wins - just missing a bit of good luck.

Anything heavier than a 1 goal loss though, we've been absolutely appalling.

Edited by kevhamster

October 2021

YD8RdmQ.png

Another poor month in the league.  Arsenal demolished us, and Bristol City took a 3-0 lead, before we pulled it back to 3-2.

Either side of a cup win against Doncaster, we managed two draws.

I suspect that the board may start to lose their patience if we don't start picking up wins soon.

SKEqN1F.png