[FM19] Youth Only in Catalonia with Sant Andreu

MarcxD

Pre-Season 2039 + Some Players

pre-season-tv-money

pre-season-prediction

S8wET24.png

A few noteworthy sales - Aguado has long been a mainstay on central midfield but with some good talents coming up I decided to go for Athletic's offer. 

I also decided to sell Asensio, record holder of most apps. In his thirties, no longer near the required level. 

Oncina was an AMR who never really made the first team.

pre-season

Not too many games, also because the supercup comes quickly. 

Some first team players I've not shown in a while/at all, plus some talents nearing the matchday squad:

pre-season-Ruiz

pre-season-Posadas

pre-season-Cuadrado

pre-season-Gelma

pre-season-Olivares

pre-season-Conde

pre-season-Hassouni

pre-season-Pastells

• Replies 429
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

August - September 2039

september

Started strong but now four games without scoring a goal :herman:

september-league-table

National Team

september-portugal

First wins with Spain, and some nice wins. Especially against neighbours Portugal :)

september-portugal-group

October 2039

october

Generally a strong month after we got back to scoring goals, although the loss against Sevilla might be a painful one in the long run.

october-league-table

I'm not worrying too much yet, as it's highly unlikely Athletic will keep this up and then we're only a few points behind whoever's taking up the lead.

National Team

october-spain

october-spain-group

Looking set to qualify next month.

November 2039

november

Not a good month really. Dropping too much points both in the league and in the CL. We had already done the job in the cup so we're through in that at least.

november-league-table

Pep's Celta or Barca are looking the strongest, but you never know. Atlético is also back at the front after some mediocre seasons for them. Making it harder for us, especially as we seem to go through a weaker season.

National Team

november-spain

november-spain-group

Not particularly convincing but enough to finish first in the group and go to Euro 2040.

December 2039

december

A little bit better, as we scored some decent points.

december-league-table

It is a close fight this year between six sides although Athletic surely seems to drop away further still.

december-CL-group

Just did enough. Although, on the other hand, it would've been interesting to see if we could've gone for an EL win, as I think this season a CL is going to be nigh impossible. 

december-CL-draw

Should at least go through here.

december-inception

Couldn't help but chuckle...

National Team

december-2039-spain-best-eleven

december-2039-spain-best-eleven-overall

January 2040

january

A much stronger month. Four important league wins, including in the city derby against Barca. Too bad we're out of the cup.

january-league-table

Even made a huge leap to first, but Barcelona and Atlético have a game in hand and can overtake.

january-motm

january-transfers

Decided to sell Fernandez as the CM position is stacked and his technicals are really poor. Of course a little risk as he could grow into them. We'll see, I guess.

january-offer

Another offer for Carles... 

Minimum fee is now 178M. Pay it or leave me alone.

February 2040

february

Continuing to do pretty well. Through in the CL, and good points in the league. Including a win over Pep's Celta..

february-sacking

Which will have contributed to this!! 

Kind of shocking as he has done pretty well with them. 

I guess their tycoon doesn't take kindly to failure.

february-league-table

Okay, 5 points behind Barca. If they keep up their current form that's going to be really difficult. We could very well drop off against Numancia and Atlético. 

March 2040 + Youth Intake

march

Ouch, this is going to hurt us.

march-league-table

A fourth consecutive title is pretty much impossible now.

march-CL-draw

CL Draw was this month, and not great to face Barcelona twice more. But look at this! The quarter finalists are 4 German teams and 4 Spanish teams...

National Team

march-spain

Meh...

Youth Intake

march-youth-intake

Can't be fantastic every year. Two mediocre Dutch players and another terrible Andorran.

march-yp22a

It seems quite impossible to get a striker prospect who is taller than 180cm and can jump.

march-yp22b

Good attacking attributes.

march-yp22c

180cm!

march-yp22d

Not going to be it.

April 2040

april

We're doing very well now, but it's just too late for the title. At least we are through to the semi final of the CL, our best ever run. And we still have a shot, need to beat Celta in their stadium.

april-league-table

Second place should be ours.

National Team

april-euro-draw

Should be easily enough to qualify from this group.

May 2040

may

Continued our super form, just one loss. But not in the CL Final!!!

Wow, in a season where we were really destroyed by Barca we managed to win the CL. And of all players it was Jovanovski, who hadn't made a single appearance this year due to several heavy injuries who scored as a substitute!

Insane.

may-CL-win

may-league-table

95 points, that is just a crazy strong season for Barca. Gijon won the cup so they will be going to Europe and not Athletic who were first at one point...

No teams from Madrid going to the CL!

Euro 2040 Squad & Friendlies

Pwgmgoz.png

JYBsnPt.png

Roca, Gelma and Carles are definite starters and Ruiz, Martín and Cos will likely all have minutes to shine as well.

PXgmiAI.png

YRhSahP.png

Two comfortable friendly wins to get into the tournament against teams of a little bit lower quality than us.

Euro 2040 Group

ZYkIuLh.png

Very comfortable opening win, thanks partially to a red card for the Croatians.

G83zGaY.png

Not so comfortable a performance against the Belgians...

keszq0z.png

But finished the group on a high with an easy win over Slovenia with more or less a b selection.

DFFyn22.png

TXhv5Ms.png

qC4V6p5.png

Euro 2040 Semi Final

BXgywWs.png

We did it, final time!

W4tZP4l.png

lGPMnIJ.png

Facing Germany. In a way not surprising. With the final 8 teams in the CL last season being all Spanish and German and now also dominating on the international level... 

Brilliant achievements at club and international level :applause:. Just a shame you couldn't make it a double with Sant Andreu this time! I assume you'll be going to the World Cup with Spain now?

13 hours ago, scarp said:

Great job MarcxD! You gonna continue with the save?

Thank you. Yeah. I am not planning on doing any other save for FM19. Because it's youth only it can remain to be a challenge to stay at the top.

4 hours ago, oriole01 said:

Brilliant achievements at club and international level :applause:. Just a shame you couldn't make it a double with Sant Andreu this time! I assume you'll be going to the World Cup with Spain now?

Thanks mate. Yeah, going for the world cup and just continuing along with Sant Andreu.

On 24/07/2019 at 12:16, kidthekid said:

great season winning the UCL and the European championships. 

Just curious, how is Escoruela doing?

Thank you.

Escoruela is still at Lokomotiv Moscow and finished third two years in a row. He is not scoring a ton of goals but decent average ratings.

yAB4Dtn.png

Pre-Season 2040

pre-season-prediction

pre-season-tv-money

pre-season-expansion

pre-season-transfers

Biggest sale so far, as I decided to sell my back-up GK to Barcelona. His value was only 900k!

pre-season

Good enough in the friendlies but a rough defeat against Everton, who we seem to do terrible against every time we face them in Europe...

pre-season-CL-draw

Top 2 should be easy enough.

August - September 2040

september

We had a strong start including a 3-0 win over Barca! But disappointing to start the CL group with a loss and couldn't hold on to the streak in the league either.

september-league-table

september-1100

National Team

september-spain

Nice.

september-spain-group

This is some seriously good career you got going here Marc. Looks like a ton of fun and so rewarding to see your youth kids lead you to European glory - club-wise and nation-wise! I can definitely see why you're still continuing with the career: you're still missing that elusive league/LC double and the world cup.  ;)

22 hours ago, Deisler26 said:

I found this with RKC. The times you start going into Europe, your league form suffers

Yeah there could very well be something in that. 

17 hours ago, noikeee said:

This is some seriously good career you got going here Marc. Looks like a ton of fun and so rewarding to see your youth kids lead you to European glory - club-wise and nation-wise! I can definitely see why you're still continuing with the career: you're still missing that elusive league/LC double and the world cup.  ;)

Thanks man. Plenty of goals left for sure. Of course I also have to go for that repeat CL victory unlikely as it is! And getting into the worldwide hall of fame. 

What an amazing run in Sant Andreu, MarcxD! It's been a while that I have read your updates so long that you have started making San Andreu great in Spanish football, and eventually world football! Now, I hope that the World Cup will be a great chance to show who the best Barcelona team is.:applause:

As a lover of Spanish saves (so far!), I want to see the screenshots of the following:

1.) Club rosters of Top teams in La Liga (Barcelona, Real Madrid, Atletico Madrid, Celta and Las Palmas) and Catalan teams such as Espanyol, Numancia, Terassa, Balaguer and F.C. Andorra.

2.) NT rosters of the neighboring nations such as Portugal, Andorra, France, Morocco, Algeria and Tunisia.

3.) Progress in my home country (Philippines) including its NT roster and best players so far in 2041. Hopefully, Sant Andreu will lure Ceres in your save soon!:D

I hope that you'll get another achievement in Sant Andreu and Spain for another season. Good luck in 2041! You earn the best in Barcelona!:)

On 27/07/2019 at 15:50, sherwinriga said:

What an amazing run in Sant Andreu, MarcxD! It's been a while that I have read your updates so long that you have started making San Andreu great in Spanish football, and eventually world football! Now, I hope that the World Cup will be a great chance to show who the best Barcelona team is.:applause:

As a lover of Spanish saves (so far!), I want to see the screenshots of the following:

1.) Club rosters of Top teams in La Liga (Barcelona, Real Madrid, Atletico Madrid, Celta and Las Palmas) and Catalan teams such as Espanyol, Numancia, Terassa, Balaguer and F.C. Andorra.

2.) NT rosters of the neighboring nations such as Portugal, Andorra, France, Morocco, Algeria and Tunisia.

3.) Progress in my home country (Philippines) including its NT roster and best players so far in 2041. Hopefully, Sant Andreu will lure Ceres in your save soon!:D

I hope that you'll get another achievement in Sant Andreu and Spain for another season. Good luck in 2041! You earn the best in Barcelona!:)

Thanks for the kind words, but...

That's a lot of screen shots you want to see, a bit much mate. It's not my day job! I also don't really see the point. The Philippines aren't loaded so that won't give you much, and TBH why would all those squads be of interest? They'll just be newgens all around.

But to throw you a bone here are the squads for Barca and Real Madrid.

a1

a2

January 2041

january

Ouch, very bad in the league with two losses in a row. Can't be having that. At least we are looking good to make the cup final.

january-league-table

Really need to score points more consistently soon or we might even drop out of the european qualification spots.

january-transfers

Two players leaving on loan. Veteran Fontas was barely playing so might as well get some money.

National Team

january-confed-draw

Easy enough draw for the Confederations Cup. Silly that the game still uses African B teams for this.

February 2041

february

Another two losses in the league against top teams, but we did manage to get three straight wins afterwards so hopefully we are back on the right track for the final three months of the season. Made it to the cup final where we'll be playing Numancia and set to make the next round of the CL if we beat Dortmund at home.

february-league-table

10 points behind Barca, the title is far away. Top 4 is the very minimum goal though, if we don't reach that that would be very disappointing.

Edited by MarcxD

March 2041

march

That is much better, some important points and getting through in the CL.

march-league-table

Made it back to the top 4 but still quite some a bit away from the teams ahead of us.

march-CL-draw

Again 4 of the 8 CL Quarter finalists are Spanish.

National Team

march-spain

Decent enough wins to start the group.

march-spain-group

Youth Intake

march-youth-intake1

march-youth-intake2

Ouch. The Belgian and the two Brazilians are random, I do have a Colombian affiliate to explain Brayan Rivera showing up.

march-yp23a

march-yp23b

march-yp23c

Forgive me if you have already shown them, but can you give us the results of World Cups and other big international competitions? Thanks.

On 30/07/2019 at 21:01, KJG said:

Forgive me if you have already shown them, but can you give us the results of World Cups and other big international competitions? Thanks.

Not all of them and not recently so that's fair enough:

b1

My predecessor has actually won it last time around so I'll have to go for the repeat win in 2042

Euro's:

b2

b8

b3

b4

b5

b6

b7

April 2041

april

Overall a very strong month, with some nice wins and through to the semi final of the CL, where it's not going to be easy but definitely with a shot of making another CL final.

april-league-table

The title is not going to happen, but P2 might still be possible. CL Qualification should be safe at the least.

May - June 2041

june

Was very disappointed after the cup final and I thought it would've been likely we were going to finish second in all competitions, but we managed to win the CL, albeit after penalties! Two in a row, wow.

june-league-table

june-CL-win

june-CL-win-2

june-CL-toty

june-CL-awards

Season Review 2040-2041

post-season-season-review

The worst season in the league of the last couple of years probably, and Barcelona once again was too strong for us. But another CL win makes up for that alright.

post-season-toty

post-season-topscorer

Josep Lluis who was on loan at Palmas scored more than Carles did for us and almost won the topscorer award. With Ferran Cos being unhappy I'll either sell Cos or loan Lluis/Cos out for a big loan fee.

post-season-moty

Griezmann!?!

post-season-gkoty

post-season-squad

post-season-best-eleven

post-season-best-eleven-overall

Interesting to see that Carles has almost the exact same goal-scoring record as Josep Ballesté, at quite a different level of football of course.

post-season-table

The all-time records are in danger of being broken, with Jaume Ruiz nearing Asensio and Carles needing one or likely two more years to break Escoruela's record.

On 29/07/2019 at 21:27, MarcxD said:

Thanks for the kind words, but...

That's a lot of screen shots you want to see, a bit much mate. It's not my day job! I also don't really see the point. The Philippines aren't loaded so that won't give you much, and TBH why would all those squads be of interest? They'll just be newgens all around.

But to throw you a bone here are the squads for Barca and Real Madrid.

a1

a2

Well, I like their rosters though because they're very strong, even Sant Andreu lost Pep (not the real-life head coach) to Barca. On the other hand, I really love the repeat in the Champions League. Even though you should have been lucky to get two more silverwares, but I'm very proud of you, MarcX!:applause::D

I understand about what you said about your comment, but I hope that I will wait and see the next season!

On 01/08/2019 at 20:45, KJG said:

Fantastic season, great save so far, hopefully you can get the national team full of Saint Andreu players at some point.

Thank you, theoretically I could do that at any time of course. But for now I prefer to only pick the players that are among the best in their positions.

On 03/08/2019 at 14:27, sherwinriga said:

Well, I like their rosters though because they're very strong, even Sant Andreu lost Pep (not the real-life head coach) to Barca. On the other hand, I really love the repeat in the Champions League. Even though you should have been lucky to get two more silverwares, but I'm very proud of you, MarcX!:applause::D

I understand about what you said about your comment, but I hope that I will wait and see the next season!

Haha thank you!

June - July 2041

confed-squad

An injury for Carmelo Ruiz means only 5 of my players are in the squad this time.

Nations League

june-1

june-2

june-3

A busy international summer started with the nations league finals, which brought me a second international trophy with Spain. We did need extra time in both games though.

Confederations Cup

confed-1

We started with the toughest game of the group and with a win in the pocket we are pretty much sure of finishing first in our group.

confed-2

confed-3

confed-groups

USA first, then whoever is stronger between the Germans and the Argentinians.

confed-4

A comfortable win in the semi final, even if we had to play 30 minutes with ten men.

confed-5

We started and finished the tournament with a game against the Argentinians and once again we managed to come out on top in the end. Needed extra time, and the game was far from a classic. 

But two international trophies in more or less a month time, who can complain.

Pre-Season 2041

pre-season-tv-money

pre-season-odds

pre-season-transfers

Another back-up goalkeeper sold for a decent sum to a big team in Pons, and 30-year old right back Fontas is leaving after a long term service to the club but just not good enough anymore. 

pre-season

Pre-season was spent in South Korea, with quite the (not so) gradual build-up in results...

august-celta1

Premier League spend is ridiculous, but showing this to show tycoon-owned Celta, already for many years spending money have really gone overboard this time. 

august-celta2

august-celta3

199M is the second-highest fee anyone has paid in this save - Spurs actually holds that record as of this summer as they bought a brazilian AML from Barcelona for €214M.

August 2041

august

august-supercup-win

Last year we failed to win this, but now this trophy is in the bag as well. Except for the Europa League I've now won pretty much all the trophies possible.

august-halloffame

Made it to the hall of fame :D

august-league-table

Not a great start for Celta after all that spend.... 

September 2041

september

Strong month overall, and good to see Ferran Cos was there to make up the goals while Carles was injured for a bit.

september-league-table

National Team

september-spain

september-spain-group

Very meh against Albania but of course we are very much heading for qualification anyway.

October 2041

october

Wow, what a month, but especially in the CL, crazy results. 

october-league-table

Also grabbed first spot as Barca has been unable to win for three games in a row. Very good season so far!

National Team

october-spain

october-spain-group

Secured qualification with two games to go still.